Windows 10: Windows defender antivirus

Discus and support Windows defender antivirus in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Whenever i open windows defender it opens for 1 second then it crashes immediately.But when i download a application for a game online it doesnt let me... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BESAMUrai_, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Windows defender antivirus

Whenever i open windows defender it opens for 1 second then it crashes immediately.But when i download a application for a game online it doesnt let me use it saying that it is a virus but its not.So now i cannot disable the antivirus and i cant use the app either. Please help.My windows is windows 10 homeUnactivated.

:)

BESAMUrai_, Oct 28, 2020
  2. afornal Win User

Defender AntiVirus

There are 4 options under Defender. Two refer to AntiVirus; AntiVirus Network Inspection Service & AntiVirus Services. Under Startup Type these two are listed as manual and the Status column said Inspection Service is running. When I clicked on the Start
    button in Properties, I got an immediate message: "Win.. Def.. Anti.. Serv.. on local comp.. started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs."

afornal, Oct 28, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    How to stop “windows defender antivirus service”?

Hello, *Smile

If you are wanting to turn off Windows Defender Antivirus, then you could use an option in the updated tutorial below. Be sure to turn off Tamper Protection first in step 1.

Turn On or Off Windows Defender Antivirus in Windows 10

Brink, Oct 28, 2020
  4. Windows defender antivirus

Windows Defender - antivirus?

Windows defender is a built in antivirus, that detects all type of threats.You do not need to install any 3rd party antivirus.

In windows 7 and earlier Microsoft security essentials was to be used with windows defender for a full system protection, but in Windows 8 and later windows defender's capabilities have been increased to make it a full fledged antivirus.

I suggest rolling with Windows Defender (preinstalled)+Malwarebytes for a full system security.

Sumit Dhiman2, Oct 28, 2020
Thema:

Windows defender antivirus

1. Windows defender antivirus - Similar Threads - defender antivirus

2. Windows Defender Antivirus Service service terminated

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Antivirus Service service terminated: Hello, I have problem with Windows Defender on Windows 10 Home (20H2 version). I'm still getting this error in Event Viewer: The Windows Defender Antivirus Service service terminated with the following error: General access denied error I already tried to use sfc /scannow...
  3. Windows Defender Antivirus Service service terminated in Event Viewer

Windows Defender Antivirus Service service terminated in Event Viewer: Hello, I have problem with Windows Defender on Windows 10 Home 20H2 version with all updates installed. I'm still getting this error in Event Viewer: The Windows Defender Antivirus Service service terminated with the following error: General access denied error Event 7023...
  4. Defender Antivirus & Antispyware signature download

Defender Antivirus & Antispyware signature download: Windows defender is disabled and not used because we are using McAfee. Nessus vulnerability scanner still flags out of date signature files for Defender even though it's not used. Anyone know where you can manually download Windows Defender Antivirus and Antispyware...
  5. Microsoft Defender Antivirus Exclusions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Defender Antivirus Exclusions: Can anybody tell me why the exclusions are invisible here, despite the fact that I have added many folders and files.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-defender-antivirus-exclusions/5c2689fd-4ea4-415b-aac9-9203aff44bcc
  6. Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus-KB2267602 version 1.327.366.0

Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus-KB2267602 version 1.327.366.0: Was using Windows 10 all week and everything was fine and used it this morning and it was fine however this was installed today:Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus-KB2267602 version 1.327.366.0 Now when I start my PC it freezes on the lockscreen....
  7. I keep getting constant notifications from Defender telling me that antivirus is off even...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I keep getting constant notifications from Defender telling me that antivirus is off even...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/sopranofever [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jm60nm/i_keep_getting_constant_notifications_from/
  8. Turn off Microsoft Defender Antivirus with Local Group Policy Editor not working

Turn off Microsoft Defender Antivirus with Local Group Policy Editor not working: Hello! I'm trying to change the Turn off Microsoft Defender Antivirus policy but every time I changed it, something is overwriting it or the change is not being saved, but with other policies, this doesn't happen. Any idea? [ATTACH]...
  9. Turn off Microsoft Defender Antivirus with Local Group Policy Editor not working

Turn off Microsoft Defender Antivirus with Local Group Policy Editor not working: Hello! I'm trying to change the Turn off Microsoft Defender Antivirus policy but every time I changed it, something is overwriting it or the change is not being saved, but with other policies, this doesn't happen. Any idea? [ATTACH]...
  10. Cannot turn off Real-Time Protection in Microsoft Defender Antivirus

Cannot turn off Real-Time Protection in Microsoft Defender Antivirus: I am unable to turn off Real-time protection (or any other settings ie Cloud-delivered protection, Automatic sample submission, etc) in Microsoft Defender Antivirus. When I click the toggle button to turn it from On to Off, it quickly reverts back to the On position. The...