Windows 10: Windows Defender Antivirus

Discus and support Windows Defender Antivirus in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; The scan found a trojan virus and to remove it is asking for my password which I enter and it doesnot accept... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Patricia Quintana, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Windows Defender Antivirus

The scan found a trojan virus and to remove it is asking for my password which I enter and it doesnot accept

:)

Patricia Quintana, Aug 17, 2018
  2. afornal Win User

Defender AntiVirus

There are 4 options under Defender. Two refer to AntiVirus; AntiVirus Network Inspection Service & AntiVirus Services. Under Startup Type these two are listed as manual and the Status column said Inspection Service is running. When I clicked on the Start
    button in Properties, I got an immediate message: "Win.. Def.. Anti.. Serv.. on local comp.. started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs."

afornal, Aug 17, 2018
  3. Decent free antivirus?

Oh and just in case its for an older O/S

this little nugget of goodness
    Still not on Windows 10? Fine, sighs Microsoft, here are its antivirus tools for Windows 7, 8.1
    Redmond extends ATP to older builds, adds third-party links

dorsetknob, Aug 17, 2018
  4. Windows Defender Antivirus

Windows Defender - antivirus?

Windows defender is a built in antivirus, that detects all type of threats.You do not need to install any 3rd party antivirus.

In windows 7 and earlier Microsoft security essentials was to be used with windows defender for a full system protection, but in Windows 8 and later windows defender's capabilities have been increased to make it a full fledged antivirus.

I suggest rolling with Windows Defender (preinstalled)+Malwarebytes for a full system security.

Sumit Dhiman2, Aug 17, 2018
Thema:

Windows Defender Antivirus

1. Windows Defender Antivirus - Similar Threads - Defender Antivirus

2. Re:Previous question: "Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus..."

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Re:Previous question: "Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus...": Previous question: "Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus..." - KB2267602 was the last defender update that installed. There is usually a daily update and there still is on my other laptop with WIndows 10 OS. Is there a known fix for this? "The other...
  3. Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus

Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus: Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 was the last defender update that installed. There is usually a daily update and there still is on my other laptop with WIndows 10 OS. Is there a known fix for this? Thank you....
  4. Defender antivirus could not completely remove a potential threat. Ran Defender offline,...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender antivirus could not completely remove a potential threat. Ran Defender offline,...: Defender antivirus could completely remove a potential threat. Ran Defender offline, protection history is full of items dating back to February. What are all the items in Protection History? Can they be cleared? Have they been quarantined?Is my PC safe as Defender antivirus...
  5. Windows Defender Antivirus Update Error 0x80070643

Windows Defender Antivirus Update Error 0x80070643: There is a Windows Defender Antivirus update available but I am unable to install it as it is showing error. I have already reboot my laptop and ran the commands on CMD like sfc /scannow and DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth , but none of them helped out. Please...
  6. I can't install the latest security intelligence update Microsoft Defender Antivirus

I can't install the latest security intelligence update Microsoft Defender Antivirus: Hello,I have a pc with Windows 10 without internet access with Microsoft Defender Antivirus.I'm updating it manually from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/defenderupdatesMy installed version is:Version: 1.339.1070.0Engine Version: 1.1.18200.2Platform Version:...
  7. Microsoft Defender Antivirus Notification: PUA:Win32/PiriformBundler active rated Low

Microsoft Defender Antivirus Notification: PUA:Win32/PiriformBundler active rated Low: Hello,After running Microsoft Defender Quick Scan and Full Scan appears the above notification. To remove this threat I'm invited to "Start Actions Recommend", I do that but nothing happens, so the next time I run a scan the notification always appears.What above happens...
  8. How do I turn on Windows Defender Antivirus. I have tried all the published fixes to no avail.

How do I turn on Windows Defender Antivirus. I have tried all the published fixes to no avail.: The on/off toggle will not go to the ''on'' position. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-on-windows-defender-antivirus-i-have/57358399-0239-40ec-915b-df0adf470ef6
  9. Microsoft Defender Antivirus - Freeze/Lockups

Microsoft Defender Antivirus - Freeze/Lockups: Hello, I'm here to ask if anyone is experiencing lockups/freezes with the latest Windows 10 updates/build? My issue is, when our users workstations boot up and they log in, after 30-90 seconds Windows Defender warning comes up and says the threat service has stopped and there...
  10. Turning on Windows Defender Antivirus

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turning on Windows Defender Antivirus: I just deleted an antivirus software from my computer, and am unable to enable windows defender antivirus.As you can see, there is no option to enable Microsoft defender antivirus....