Windows 10: Windows defender App and browser control (PUA block downloads)

Discus and support Windows defender App and browser control (PUA block downloads) in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; how can i use a reg key to enable below? thanks a lot for your help. :) [img] 176030 Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by matthewyu1010, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Windows defender App and browser control (PUA block downloads)

how can i use a reg key to enable below? thanks a lot for your help. Windows defender App and browser control (PUA block downloads) :)

Windows defender App and browser control (PUA block downloads) [​IMG]

:)

matthewyu1010, Mar 16, 2021

2. Windows defender App and browser control (PUA block downloads)

how can i use a reg key to enable below? thanks a lot for your help. Windows defender App and browser control (PUA block downloads) :)

Windows defender App and browser control (PUA block downloads) [​IMG]

matthewyu1010, Mar 16, 2021
  3. Windows Defender blocking PUA?

Few questions about blocking PUA in Windows Defender.

I enabled the prevention or blocking of PUAs and would like to ask how intrusive the notifications are?

Are there a lot of false positives?

I only download and install apps which I really need, no Java installed and really careful on what apps I install if I really had to.

Does blocking PUA really helps blocking Ad Choices in the browser or it does not? Because I do get those lately.

win10freak, Mar 16, 2021
  4. AndreTen Win User

Windows defender App and browser control (PUA block downloads)

Windows Defender blocking PUA?

- Notifications. same as other WD notifications (PUA at the beginning of the message)
    - False positives: hard to tell. Have none in a month or so (non PUA detections)
    - PUA blocking is only for file transfers. Nothing to do with ads themselves (only ad injection).

From MS doc:
    Read more: MS docs: Detect and block potentially unwanted applications

AndreTen, Mar 16, 2021
Thema:

Windows defender App and browser control (PUA block downloads)

1. Windows defender App and browser control (PUA block downloads) - Similar Threads - defender App browser

2. Windows defender is missing apps and browser control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender is missing apps and browser control: Hi, I recently reset my PC and I have noticed that apps and browser control is missing from Windows Defender. I tried to select it in Privacy and Security in settings but when I do it doesn't load.I also noticed when I uninstalled my third part antivirus software the virus...
  3. Windows defender is missing apps and browser control

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows defender is missing apps and browser control: Hi, I recently reset my PC and I have noticed that apps and browser control is missing from Windows Defender. I tried to select it in Privacy and Security in settings but when I do it doesn't load.I also noticed when I uninstalled my third part antivirus software the virus...
  4. Windows defender application control blocking apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender application control blocking apps: My applications are being blocked by Windows Defender Application Control and I can't seem to turn it off. I've checked Intune policies, Group Policy, RegEdit and they are have PUA disabled, but I still can't open apps that I used to able to use....
  5. Windows defender application control blocking apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows defender application control blocking apps: My applications are being blocked by Windows Defender Application Control and I can't seem to turn it off. I've checked Intune policies, Group Policy, RegEdit and they are have PUA disabled, but I still can't open apps that I used to able to use....
  6. Windows defender application control blocking apps

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Windows defender App and browser control (PUA block downloads)

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows defender App and browser control (PUA block downloads): how can i use a reg key to enable below? thanks a lot for your help. :) [img] 176030
  8. Windows defender found PUA

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender found PUA: A weird question but anyway I have F-secure installed. I know that Windows Defender does not work with F-secure. But I did a full scan of my computer with Windows Defender because I got a blue screen earlier and wanted to do a scan with another program too just in...
  9. Windows Defender blocking PUA?

Windows Defender blocking PUA?: Few questions about blocking PUA in Windows Defender. I enabled the prevention or blocking of PUAs and would like to ask how intrusive the notifications are? Are there a lot of false positives? I only download and install apps which I really need, no Java installed and...
  10. Windows Defender PUA feature?

Windows Defender PUA feature?: WD has this new feature called PUA. Is this for domain environments or can this be done on a standalone Win10 Enterprise? Or is this needed on a standalone system? I know it has to be enabled in the registry. If enabled, how will this effect the use of a machine? Will...