Windows 10: Windows Defender apparently not installed on PC

Discus and support Windows Defender apparently not installed on PC in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I recently purchased a pre-built PC which with winver shows Version 1809 - OS Build 17763.1039. Any time I try to open Windows Defender, it shows... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by gimblo, Feb 24, 2020.

1. gimblo Win User

Windows Defender apparently not installed on PC

I recently purchased a pre-built PC which with winver shows Version 1809 - OS Build 17763.1039.

Any time I try to open Windows Defender, it shows this error message: https://prnt.sc/r75jye lightshot

Searching for Windows Security in All Apps shows this list: https://prnt.sc/r75k50

I attempted going through regedit, changing owners and permissions, but nothing worked. The only thing I found that would hint at having Windows Defender was this tab: https://prnt.sc/r75kji

However, no information is seemingly stored in Security Center: https://prnt.sc/r75knb

:)

gimblo, Feb 24, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 24, 2020
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Feb 24, 2020
  4. Windows Defender apparently not installed on PC

Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Feb 24, 2020
Thema:

Windows Defender apparently not installed on PC

1. Windows Defender apparently not installed on PC - Similar Threads - Defender apparently installed

2. Pc Lagging, Games Stuttering For Apparent No Reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc Lagging, Games Stuttering For Apparent No Reason: Hi Everyone,A couple of weeks ago my pc, has the title suggests, became slow in responding to commands, ditto for playing games and it's no longer fun.First thing that occurred to me was a hardware failure of some sort so I checked ALL my hardware and everything appears to be...
  3. Pc Lagging, Games Stuttering For Apparent No Reason

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc Lagging, Games Stuttering For Apparent No Reason: Hi Everyone,A couple of weeks ago my pc, has the title suggests, became slow in responding to commands, ditto for playing games and it's no longer fun.First thing that occurred to me was a hardware failure of some sort so I checked ALL my hardware and everything appears to be...
  4. Pc Lagging, Games Stuttering For Apparent No Reason

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows Defender Not Installed Apparently

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Not Installed Apparently: So I saw a couple of posts similar to mine, windows defender isn't installed and no matter how I try to open it, it either just does nothing or tells me to get it from the Microsoft store, and of course, I can't install windows defender from ms store. The solutions offered...
  6. My microsoft defender isn't working, apparently there is a malware attacking my...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My microsoft defender isn't working, apparently there is a malware attacking my...: My microsoft defender isn't working, apparently there is a malware attacking my DisableAntiSpyware option. I've tried everything available on the website but my virus and threat protection is still not working and shows an 'unexpected error'....
  7. Windows installer apparent? error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows installer apparent? error: I am trying to install the latest Dymo labelwriter software, but I keep getting a "Windows ® Installer. V 5.0.19041.1 " error. Dymo says it is a MS problem. But, even their workaround doesn't seem to work. Does anyone have any solutions, perhaps a re-installation of the...
  8. windows defender didn't defend my pc

windows defender didn't defend my pc: I now have a trojan by the name of "Bored Tamo Tennis" on my pc. I ran ' windows defender' 5 times and 'defender' did not find it. Yet, when I bring up task manager, it is still there. It is interfering with my classes. How can I dump it out of my pc?...
  9. Windows Update Error: It apparently is attempting to install an already installed update...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update Error: It apparently is attempting to install an already installed update...: HP Pavilion 570-p054 Windows 10 Pro version 19041.450 Programs and features shows KB4566782 installed When running Windows Update, I get an error message "An update is being prepared for your device, but it is not quite ready yet. We'll keep trying or you can try again...
  10. Freezing games on PC for no apparent reason?

Freezing games on PC for no apparent reason?: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] My hardware: i5 4670k á 4,4ghz (has been running so stable for years) Asus Strix GTX 1060 MSI Z87-G45 gaming motherboard 16GB G.Skill DDR3 Ram The games will have a still image after a short time and then switch...