Windows 10: windows defender appearing blank

Discus and support windows defender appearing blank in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] for some unknown reason, whenever i try to run defender, it looks like this. i can't scan files for virus, and i've spent a few hours... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/gardener-marten, Jan 12, 2021.

1. windows defender appearing blank

windows defender appearing blank cloX0kmXr2_CxkxCMd6LgsCQ0lYq1GA_cxspjGnQlhQ.jpg

for some unknown reason, whenever i try to run defender, it looks like this. i can't scan files for virus, and i've spent a few hours troubleshooting, and in services.msi i'm unable to reset. I've restarted wuauserV, msiserver, cryptSvc, and bits (fixing error 0x80080005 along the way) but the antivirus still won't activate. I like to think i'm fairly well versed in tech, but this is beyond my abilities. Hope i provided enough info. (win10)

https://preview.redd.it/6dx22mz55ua...bp&s=2fb9128eb945365d67ae1cb1c806315a1278fbca

https://preview.redd.it/tkvg8ijv5ua...bp&s=4003bde2cb51893bf454804e9d7e9394d42b4b38

https://preview.redd.it/4a6civvw5ua...bp&s=e87eaca8a505ccf8ef35463c17d78fb8fcf96985

p.s. i also factory reset (save the documents) on my laptop in november, and iirc that's around when it stopped working. i'm not sure that it's a virus, as i've torrented a few things but they've all been from trusted sources. (trusted on the bay and from an associate who's used the google drive file i used)

submitted by /u/gardener-marten
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/gardener-marten, Jan 12, 2021

2. Windows features wouldn't show on windows 10, appears blank!

I installed windows 10 on my pc, I am trying to enable my .net framework and I understand that the way to go about this is through windows features, however my windows features box appears blank, I can't find the checkbox with all the options, I have followed the steps listed on various websites (run services.msc, enable modules installer if not already enabled etc,) still nothing! I would really appreciate if someone could assist me here. Thanks

win10guyhere, Jan 12, 2021
  3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Jan 12, 2021
  4. windows defender appearing blank

Windows Defender problem

Hi Ernst,

To troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you check the Windows Defender service if it's running. If you are using a third party spyware/malware program, it may disable the Windows Defender service. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.
    • Type services.msc.
    • Right-click Windows Defender service and click
      Start.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Jan 12, 2021
Thema:

windows defender appearing blank

1. windows defender appearing blank - Similar Threads - defender appearing blank

2. windows defender appears blank

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows defender appears blank: How to fix this error ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-appears-blank/cd8f85cd-cf69-4685-bba6-591547d5eb14
  3. windows defender appears blank

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows defender appears blank: How to fix this error ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-appears-blank/cd8f85cd-cf69-4685-bba6-591547d5eb14
  4. a blank white windows appears

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    a blank white windows appears: hello, once in a while, usualy when my pc comes back from sleep mode, i have this white windows appear in my desktop and it's above every other windows in my pc:how can i fix this?...
  5. a blank white windows appears

in Windows 10 Gaming
    a blank white windows appears: hello, once in a while, usualy when my pc comes back from sleep mode, i have this white windows appear in my desktop and it's above every other windows in my pc:how can i fix this?...
  6. a blank white windows appears

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows Defender goes blank

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender goes blank: Today, I opened windows defender and found it blank. What happened?My windows version 20H2See there is nothing : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-goes-blank/88d5ffaa-fb4d-40f1-a067-f523c943ff33
  8. Windows Defender Blank

Windows Defender Blank: My Windows Defender is showing like this. Can anyone help please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-blank/d35f83ae-8612-4fba-b319-d7b41814adf3
  9. Windows Defender is Blank and Defender Services are missing

Windows Defender is Blank and Defender Services are missing: [ATTACH] I have been searching around the web to resolve this issue. Came empty handed. I saw a lot of websites and videos saying that I should restart Windows Defender Services. But in my case, problems don't come in just 1: [ATTACH] Supposedly, Windows Defender...
  10. options are appearing blank

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    options are appearing blank: [ATTACH] i dont know whats going on with most things options appear blank i would try to fix it but since its blank, i don't where to start (note this applies to most of my windows i open not just this) is there any way to fix this?...