Windows 10: Windows Defender Application Control enhancements in Windows 10 v1903

Discus and support Windows Defender Application Control enhancements in Windows 10 v1903 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; With the Windows 10 May 2019 Update we delivered several important features for Windows Defender Application Control (WDAC), which was originally... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jul 2, 2019.

1. Brink Win User

Windows Defender Application Control enhancements in Windows 10 v1903

Source: https://www.microsoft.com/security/b...y-2019-update/

:)

Brink, Jul 2, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 2, 2019
  3. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Jul 2, 2019
  4. Jetster Win User

Windows 10 install "S" WTF

So i'm taking a break from this mess but here's what happen.
    My friend that is still having issues with WOW wants to do a clean install (this is an updated W7 to 10)

I booted to the USB with 1709 and installed from Legacy not uefi like I always do
    It installed Windows 10 S ?? Then I go to install Firefox and its blocked (your organization used windows defender application control to block this app) something like that
    So Google Windows 10 S Blocking apps. It says to get it to WIndows pro like it was. So he logs into his Microsoft Account and it go to Windows 10 Pro.
    Still blocks every software install

Windows Defender Application Control enhancements in Windows 10 v1903 p1kalmig2k383.jpg

Your organization used Windows Defender Application Control to block this app

Windows defender application control

Jetster, Jul 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows Defender Application Control enhancements in Windows 10 v1903 - Similar Threads - Defender Application Control

2. Control Windows 10 V1903 update reboot behavior

in Windows 10 Customization
    Control Windows 10 V1903 update reboot behavior: Dears i confused about how to accurate windows update reboot behavior , currently we using group policy to control windows V1903clients, basically the settings were: 1. configure windows update with option 4automatics download and install updates, schedule install on...
  3. PowerA Enhanced XBOX Controller

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PowerA Enhanced XBOX Controller: When I tried to plug my PowerA controller to my PC it would not connect nor turn on and the drivers would not install. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powera-enhanced-xbox-controller/0f749baf-378f-4f56-9e25-b56d94f4683b
  4. your organization used windows defender application control to block this app

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    your organization used windows defender application control to block this app: Folks, Windows 10 64 1909 some of my users are start getting this message and not able to run some programs because it is blocking executable to run from defender. It is start happening since last friday 1/31/2020. [ATTACH] i have disabled Defender from Local GP,...
  5. -level hash with Windows Defender Application Control - can't get it working

-level hash with Windows Defender Application Control - can't get it working: Hi. I am trying to to get Windows defender Application Control working via hash rules. We are using WDAC as we don't have win10 enterprise i know, we should... I have got WDAC working, my policy allows all Microsoft apps and anything in c:\windows\ c:\program files and...
  6. Windows defender fast scan on w10 v1903

Windows defender fast scan on w10 v1903: Good day Has anyone noticed that fast scan (or quick scan) isn't fast anymore? From less than two minutes on v1809 it has just gone to over five minutes for v1903. Anyone noticing this? 137703
  7. Windows Defender Application Control Security Vulnerability

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Defender Application Control Security Vulnerability: A security feature bypass vulnerability exists in Windows Defender Application Control (WDAC) which could allow an attacker to bypass WDAC enforcement. An attacker who successfully exploited this vulnerability could circumvent PowerShell Core Constrained Language Mode on the...
  8. windows 10 v1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 v1903: Can anyone help. I have had one pc and one laptop suffer loss of location/language since updating to this version. No matter what I do in settings I cannot get anything but English us in my search engines (firefox /edge/google). I have had to reset my pc it went into...
  9. HELP -CAN I USE WINDOWS DEFENDER APPLICATION CONTROL AND WINDOWS DEFENDER EXPLOIT...

HELP -CAN I USE WINDOWS DEFENDER APPLICATION CONTROL AND WINDOWS DEFENDER EXPLOIT...: I want to use windows defender application control, windows defender exploit protection and windows defender security service with Kaspersky total ssecurity 2019. At present i customized the security modifications of windows 10 1. windows defender disabled in group...
  10. Turn On or Off Windows Defender Enhanced Notifications in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Windows Defender Enhanced Notifications in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Windows Defender Enhanced Notifications in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Windows Defender Antivirus Enhanced Notifications in Windows 10 Windows Defender Security Center will send notifications with critical information about the health and...