Windows 10: Windows defender at startup

Discus and support Windows defender at startup in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How to ensure windows defender is active at start up? Win 10!... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Sleepy#Pilot, Sep 30, 2018.

1. Windows defender at startup

How to ensure windows defender is active at start up? Win 10!

:)

Sleepy#Pilot, Sep 30, 2018
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Sep 30, 2018
  3. On startup Windows Defender is not on and wants to scan

Hi,

To address your concern regarding Windows Defender, we suggest that you restart the Windows Defender Service with the steps below:

• Right click on Start and select Run.
    • Type services.msc, then press Enter.
    • Click the Windows Defender Service, and click Stop and then
      Start under General tab.
    • Check Apply and OK.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Sep 30, 2018
  4. Windows defender at startup

Windows Defender automatically disabled

Hi Ahmad,

Thank you for responding.

I suggest you to place the computer in safe mode and check if the Windows Defender works.

Method 1:

Step 1: Start computer in safe mode.

• Type Settings in the search box on the desktop, select
      Settings.

• Here select Change pc settings and then
      General.

• Scroll down to Advanced startup, click
      Restart now.

• Click on Troubleshoot, Advanced options, and Startup Settings.

• Click Restart, select
      Safe mode and then press Enter.

Step 2: Try to
    run the Windows Defender in safe mode

Steps:

• Press Windows key and type Windows Defender.
    • Right click on it and select Run as Administrator.
    • It may prompts you to enter the password.

Method 2: If the issue still persists, place the computer in normal mode and check for the Windows Defender services.

Step 1: Place the computer in normal mode.

• Press Windows + R keys to open
      Run command.
    • Type msconfig and press
      Enter
    • In the System Configuration
      window, click on General tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as Normal startup, click on Apply and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Step 2: Once you are in normal mode, I suggest you to check for the
    Windows Defender services.

• Press Windows + R keys to open
      Run command.
    • Type services.msc and press
      Enter
    • Search for Windows Defender, right click on it and
      start the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to
      Automatic.
    • Do the same for Windows Defender Network Inspection Service.
    • Now check if you are able to access Windows Defender.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 30, 2018
Thema:

Windows defender at startup

1. Windows defender at startup - Similar Threads - defender startup

2. Windows Defender opens up every time during system startup.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender opens up every time during system startup.: I've been having this problem for 3 months now. Everytime I start my system, this screen pops up, and then chrome opens automatically and then chrome shuts down and reopen again with a Prompt "Restore Browsing"? So I uninstalled chrome due to this issue and now this screen...
  3. Windows Defender opens up every time during system startup.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender opens up every time during system startup.: I've been having this problem for 3 months now. Everytime I start my system, this screen pops up, and then chrome opens automatically and then chrome shuts down and reopen again with a Prompt "Restore Browsing"? So I uninstalled chrome due to this issue and now this screen...
  4. Windows Script Host error code 80070002 on startup. and also windows defender not starting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Script Host error code 80070002 on startup. and also windows defender not starting: Could someone help me out, please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-script-host-error-code-80070002-on-startup/87d68f9d-f1ba-4e0a-abfd-ccfaa5dbf83c
  5. Windows Script Host error code 80070002 on startup. and also windows defender not starting

Windows Script Host error code 80070002 on startup. and also windows defender not starting: Could someone help me out, please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-script-host-error-code-80070002-on-startup/87d68f9d-f1ba-4e0a-abfd-ccfaa5dbf83c
  6. Defender disabled in task manager startup after every reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defender disabled in task manager startup after every reboot: Unaccountably, both "Microsoft Defender" and "Terminal" are disabled after every rebootI also noticed that there is no "property" when right clicking. Other apps shows where the executable is located.Windows 11 security shows a problemGo to settings shows the only problem is...
  7. Defender disabled in task manager startup after every reboot

Defender disabled in task manager startup after every reboot: Unaccountably, both "Microsoft Defender" and "Terminal" are disabled after every rebootI also noticed that there is no "property" when right clicking. Other apps shows where the executable is located.Windows 11 security shows a problemGo to settings shows the only problem is...
  8. Windows Defender crashes on startup after uninstalling McAfee?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender crashes on startup after uninstalling McAfee?: When I bought my new PC, MacAfee was preinstalled. Seeing that Windows Defender was good enough, I uninstalled McAfee. I still can't open Windows Defender, but still receive notifications about automatic scans. sorry about the GIF quality, I couldn't attach a video...
  9. Windows Defender crashes on startup after uninstalling McAfee?

Windows Defender crashes on startup after uninstalling McAfee?: When I bought my new PC, MacAfee was preinstalled. Seeing that Windows Defender was good enough, I uninstalled McAfee. I still can't open Windows Defender, but still receive notifications about automatic scans. sorry about the GIF quality, I couldn't attach a video...
  10. windows defender does not show icon on startup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows defender does not show icon on startup: windows defender does not show icon on startup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-does-not-show-icon-on-startup/1a4ef54c-1b9c-4161-b1e1-7c47261be1be