Windows 10: windows defender ati virus question

Discus and support windows defender ati virus question in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; i have win 10 64 bit pro 20h2 and i keep getting a notice my windows defender is off. so i go check and it is on. then i look in another place and it... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by corvairbob, Jul 22, 2021.

1. windows defender ati virus question

i have win 10 64 bit pro 20h2 and i keep getting a notice my windows defender is off. so i go check and it is on. then i look in another place and it tells me the defender antivirus is off. i have c cleaner running and malwarebytes running. i think the malware bytes is running and c cleaner runs when i run it. anyway i was told from this site to run malware bytes along with defender so is that correct and if so why do i see the anti virus off when i look in windows security it tells me it is off and when i try to run the app it will not run. but in defender it says it is on. so are they different apps? should i take malwarebytes out or turn that off? thanks bp

:)

corvairbob, Jul 22, 2021
  2. Bree Win User

Windows defender virus definitions update question

With your Avast installed the real-time Defender protection is disabled, but it should still be available for an on-demand scan and should have kept its definitions updated.

You should see definition updates listed in your Update History....

windows defender ati virus question [​IMG]

...and in Reliability History.

windows defender ati virus question [​IMG]

3. Windows update and windows defender issues

We suggest you to avoid installing any cleaner or anti-virus software that may interrupt the function of Windows Defender. Make sure that Windows Defender is always on. To do this follow these steps:

• On the Start menu, type Windows Defender and hit enter.
    • Click Settings.
    • Turn Real-time protection on.
    We also recommend you to install the latest update for Windows Defender.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Jul 22, 2021
  4. windows defender ati virus question

Windows Defender Not On

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to try the below methods and check:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to run virus scan to make sure the computer is free from virus.

The Microsoft Safety Scanner is a free downloadable security tool that provides on-demand scanning and helps remove virus, spyware, and other malicious software. It works with your existing antivirus software.

Microsoft Safety Scanner Download - Windows security

Method 2:

Turn the Defender on. Follow the below steps:

• In search, type Defender.
    • Now make the option ON by moving the slider accordingly.

Method 3: Run the SFC.

Follow the below steps:

• Open Command Prompt.
    • Select “Run as Administrator”.
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without quotes and hit
      Enter.
    Now check for the issue.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Jul 22, 2021
Thema:

windows defender ati virus question

1. windows defender ati virus question - Similar Threads - defender ati virus

2. virus questions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    virus questions: can a virus steal files on your hard drive? i hear about key loggers and ransomwear that locks down an OS, but never heard of an attacker actually taking files from a system. if you have 2 drives in your system, and 1 of them gets infected, will the infected OS be able to...
  3. virus questions

in Windows 10 Support
    virus questions: can a virus steal files on your hard drive? i hear about key loggers and ransomwear that locks down an OS, but never heard of an attacker actually taking files from a system. if you have 2 drives in your system, and 1 of them gets infected, will the infected OS be able to...
  4. Windows defender virus definitions update question

Windows defender virus definitions update question: I've been using Avast antivirus for a year, and I want to remove it and use Windows Defender, but I'm worried that my Windows Defender won't update its virus definitions because there's an Avast antivirus running. So before I am removing my previous AV and use WD, I want to...
  5. Windows Defender Question

Windows Defender Question: The screenshot shows my virus notification history using Windows Defender in Windows 10. 1. Do those notifications indicate the threat was removed? “Or Restored” has me confused. 2. If not, how can I remove the threats? Do I get a notification said threats were...
  6. Windows defender question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows defender question: So I just factory reset my laptop after concerns about a virus, after it was reset I ran a scan with windows defender and it said over 600k files were being scanned, but when it finished it said 300k were scanned. Is this normal or? submitted by /u/frogspin [link]...
  7. Windows Defender Question

Windows Defender Question: I currently have Windows Defender on my computer, but I'm unable to access the Virus and Threat Protection Page. Whenever I try to access the page, I get a Page Not Available error message. I tried going into Group Policy, but I'm not hiding the page. I also tried going...
  8. Windows Defender Question

Windows Defender Question: Hello, Re windows Defender, which I guess is pretty good now: New pc came with McAfee, and others too apparently. a. Do I have to totally purge all of these (other) Virus and Malware programs to be able to run Windows Defender ? b. If they can co-exist, how do I tell the...
  9. Windows Defender question

Windows Defender question: Why would the Virus & threat protection say "Your Virus & threat protection is managed by your organization"? This is a "standalone" surface pro and not part of a network....
  10. Windows Defender question

Windows Defender question: Is it OK if I have ONLY the Real Time protection turned ON in Windows 10? Do I really need to have Cloud Based Protection enabled? thank you 66701