Windows 10: Windows Defender Auto Switch Off?

Discus and support Windows Defender Auto Switch Off? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi all, I've noticed recently that after some major updates are installed that Defender is sometimes switched off after everything in completed. I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/FlashPan73, Dec 4, 2019.

1. Windows Defender Auto Switch Off?

Hi all,

I've noticed recently that after some major updates are installed that Defender is sometimes switched off after everything in completed. I can turn it on again fine in Security Centre but I get no warnings that it is not running or that I need to turn it on, except for the shield icon near the clock.

This is the only AV/Firewall etc I am using on some boxes so I should have not conflicts but am I missing anything here to have this running 100% of the time?

Cheers

submitted by /u/FlashPan73
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/FlashPan73, Dec 4, 2019
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Dec 4, 2019
  3. Try3 Win User
    Windows Update is conflicting with Windows Defender's auto-update...

Stargate,

1. Every Windows defender definitions update is called KB2267602.
    2. Windows defender uses Windows update to do its updates automatically.
    3. As you already know, Windows defender also allows you to update through the Windows defender UI.

Whatever the cause of your current problem, it is not a clash between Windows & Windows defender running updates independently [there is no such thing as Defender's built-in auto-update].

Denis

Try3, Dec 4, 2019
  4. Windows Defender Auto Switch Off?

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Dec 4, 2019
Thema:

Windows Defender Auto Switch Off?

1. Windows Defender Auto Switch Off? - Similar Threads - Defender Auto Switch

2. Windows Defender blocking download.Is switched OFF Norton is ON

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender blocking download.Is switched OFF Norton is ON: Using win11 on a Surface Pro 7. Have the latest version of Norton operating and have tried switching of off Defender but problem is still there. When I attempt to download a file to flash my Zorro RC Transmitter Defender is preventing me from opening it. Message is" File is...
  3. Auto keyboard switch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto keyboard switch: I have two inputs, English and Arabic. when I turn off the keyboard and English keyboard input is on, it switch to Arabic when I open my laptop again without pressing windows key + space bar. It does not happen if the keyboard in Arabic keyboard and I want to change it....
  4. Auto keyboard switch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto keyboard switch: I have two inputs, English and Arabic. when I turn off the keyboard and English keyboard input is on, it switch to Arabic when I open my laptop again without pressing windows key + space bar. It does not happen if the keyboard in Arabic keyboard and I want to change it....
  5. Microsoft Defender antivirus is switched off

Microsoft Defender antivirus is switched off: I have removed other 3rd party security software and wished to just have the MS security. Windows firewall is on but the MS Defender Antivirus is switched off. How can I switch this on?...
  6. switch off Windows Defender notification in Windows 1803 10S

switch off Windows Defender notification in Windows 1803 10S: Hi Stuck with 1803. Stuck with 10S Home. The Defender Notification icon always cries wolf exclamation in yellow triangle due to my configuration. To underestimate, this is a significant annoyance for me. I did some internet chasing to try to figure out how to turn it...
  7. Turn off auto updates for Windows Defender

Turn off auto updates for Windows Defender: I'm using win10 pro 1803. How to turn off auto updates for Windows Defender ? Thanks. 139783
  8. Auto Enhance feature can't switch off.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto Enhance feature can't switch off.: I have noticed that while viewing photos on windows 10 it auto enhances the image(not very well) after about a second. This wasn't a problem until I noticed it in lightroom as well. I have gone trough every setting I can think of. I am up to date on windows and gpu drivers....
  9. Auto-switching networks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Auto-switching networks: Setting up Windows 10 (1803) Dell laptop and wish to use personal hotspot over Bluetooth when away, but when back home Windows 10 automatically connects up to use Wi-Fi. The hotspot thing is done. i'm just trying to figure out how to auto connect to Wifi when in range and...
  10. On lock screen, Narrator and Magnifier auto-start, switched off

in Windows 10 Support
    On lock screen, Narrator and Magnifier auto-start, switched off: Hi guys, My magnifier and narrator auto-start on the lock screen despite them both being switched off in the Ease of Use panel. The narrator turns off when the desktop loads and the magnifier stays on in the shape of the magnifying glass in the upper left area of the...