Windows 10: Windows Defender Auto Updates

Discus and support Windows Defender Auto Updates in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello I wan't to know how I can disable the windows defender auto updates,because for me is bad the windows defender updates every day,my notebook have... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SandraPeres, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Windows Defender Auto Updates

Hello I wan't to know how I can disable the windows defender auto updates,because for me is bad the windows defender updates every day,my notebook have low ram,and the updates make this worse,someone can help me?

:)

SandraPeres, Feb 25, 2021
  2. P4-630 Win User

Task to auto update windows defender definitions disappears

My mom has a new laptop with windows 8.1, we always set the windows updates to manual.
    On our other windows 8.1 computers I have created a task for auto updating windows defender definitions, which works fine for us.

This is how I created this task:

"Click on "Create Task", name it what you like (mine is Daily Signature Update), set the trigger as the time you want it to run every day.

For Action browse to Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe and select it. In "Add arguments" add -SignatureUpdate -MMPC"

But somehow this task disappears once it has run on my mom's laptop.
    I'm logged in as admin and then I also tried it with running the task scheduler as admin, the task just disappears every day for some reason, while it works fine on our other windows 8.1 computers.

Anyone an idea why this task disappears every time?

Thanks.

P4-630, Feb 25, 2021
  3. Try3 Win User
    Windows Update is conflicting with Windows Defender's auto-update...

Stargate,

1. Every Windows defender definitions update is called KB2267602.
    2. Windows defender uses Windows update to do its updates automatically.
    3. As you already know, Windows defender also allows you to update through the Windows defender UI.

Whatever the cause of your current problem, it is not a clash between Windows & Windows defender running updates independently [there is no such thing as Defender's built-in auto-update].

Denis

4. P4-630 Win User

Windows Defender Auto Updates

Why won't Windows Defender not auto update anymore

I have have windows updates set to notify updates , I will install myself, because I want to make a system restore point before installing updates.

Because of this windows defender does not update automatically and I had to create a task for updating in the task scheduler, which I did but it does not work anymore since I re-installed windows.
    What am I doing wrong?

Windows Defender Auto Updates defender-update-jpg.jpg

P4-630, Feb 25, 2021
Thema:

Windows Defender Auto Updates

1. Windows Defender Auto Updates - Similar Threads - Defender Auto Updates

2. Problems with Window Defender Auto Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with Window Defender Auto Updates: Everyday I get a notification to update Windows Defender. I have even made a task for Defender to auto update. I do not get that notification on my Windows 10 desktop, just my laptop. I also have notifications turned OFF....
  3. Problems with Window Defender Auto Updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with Window Defender Auto Updates: Everyday I get a notification to update Windows Defender. I have even made a task for Defender to auto update. I do not get that notification on my Windows 10 desktop, just my laptop. I also have notifications turned OFF....
  4. Problems with Window Defender Auto Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Auto update Windows Defender definitions on metered connections

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Auto update Windows Defender definitions on metered connections: Windows Update packages are around 1GB so I used regedit to automatically set all internet connections as metered since I'm on a budget cellular plan but I want Windows Defender to download definition updates as soon as they're available regardless if I'm on a metered...
  6. Windows Defender no longer auto updating since last Windows update

Windows Defender no longer auto updating since last Windows update: I noticed that Windows Defender has stopped delivering auto updates.This started either after the Oct big Windows update.I tried some hints found at online forums, but it guess these where all older posts that no longer apply for the current issue, none of them fixed the...
  7. Windows Defender intelligence updates: consolidate or auto-install?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Defender intelligence updates: consolidate or auto-install?: Hey folks, I have noticed that at least once a day, and sometimes more, Windows Defender gets Intelligence updates (akin to virus definition update). My OCD means that I check for this each day, often more than once. What I want is to never have to do this every day. I will...
  8. Turn off auto updates for Windows Defender

Turn off auto updates for Windows Defender: I'm using win10 pro 1803. How to turn off auto updates for Windows Defender ? Thanks. 139783
  9. Windows Defender Auto Update?

Windows Defender Auto Update?: Did windows defender perform auto update and auto scan daily? Since i noticed it is quite often that the definition is outdated and i need to updated it manually. 32798
  10. Windows Update is conflicting with Windows Defender's auto-update...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update is conflicting with Windows Defender's auto-update...: I noticed that Windows Update tries to install KB2267602, even though Defender already installed that particular version of the update, resulting in Windows Update throwing an error. Windows Update output: Code: Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB2267602...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. turn of auto defender updates