Windows 10: Windows Defender behavior changed and now blocking almost all Adobe activity.

Discus and support Windows Defender behavior changed and now blocking almost all Adobe activity. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I can only imagine this is related to a Windows recent update. I've been doing everything I can to keep up with all the errors in the Event Viewer... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PhilBertD, Jan 4, 2019.

1. PhilBertD Win User

Windows Defender behavior changed and now blocking almost all Adobe activity.

I can only imagine this is related to a Windows recent update.

I've been doing everything I can to keep up with all the errors in the Event Viewer but everytime I download and install a new Adobe product it hiccups again. While this was troublesome I was dealing with it as I could. Recently it cost me money because it interrupted a one time installation and the Adobe key no longer works. Please help me its now hitting my wallet.

Below are all the programs that caused the Defender issues:

Windows Defender behavior changed and now blocking almost all Adobe activity. cf73d63c-34f4-4e6c-88f6-3be47d91c769?upload=true.jpg

Im running Windows 10 Home edition. have an x64 based system

Again I had no problems with any of this until a recent update. version 1803 was successfully installed on 5/23/2018

2018-19 was successfully installed on 12/20 18. I also noted over 5 updates for Adobe Flash Player.

I saw some input with regard to programs installed directly by the user. I am the only "user" except for Administrator.

The only thing I could come up with was Adobe file locations. Some are in x86 Programs and the rest are in Programs as noted below:

x86 Programs:

Windows Defender behavior changed and now blocking almost all Adobe activity. 6cd9a885-f5ee-4671-bf94-ce79fd841ac3?upload=true.jpg

Programs:

Windows Defender behavior changed and now blocking almost all Adobe activity. 533e2a28-7aab-41f8-bad5-a1eadf775077?upload=true.jpg

I dont know where to go with this any longer. Again this is a recent issue, never had a problem with any installations until 2018.

I will look for responses but my direct email is *** Email address is removed for privacy ***.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

:)

PhilBertD, Jan 4, 2019
  2. Reldel Win User

Turn On Windows Defender Block Suspicious Behaviors in Windows 10

The DWORD is set to 0 and I cannot get the process you suggested in the "NOTE" portion of the tutorial to work. Two attached screen shoots will show the before and after attempts to change the Permissions necessary for access to the DWORD change.
    Windows Defender behavior changed and now blocking almost all Adobe activity. [​IMG]

Windows Defender behavior changed and now blocking almost all Adobe activity. [​IMG]

Access is denied. (Note-Protected folder in Defender is turned off)

Reldel, Jan 4, 2019
  3. Rob Koch Win User
    Blocking cryptolocker behaviors?

I won't try to discuss the specifics for anything other than Windows Defender, since that's what I have info for.

Defending against ransomware with Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Here are some of the many ways we’re fighting back against ransomware:

• Six of the top 10 ransomware threats use browser, or browser-plugin-related exploits, so we made it harder for malware authors to exploit

Windows 10
      and
      Microsoft Edge
    • We increased detection and blocking capability in our email services, increasing the number of ransomware-related attachments being blocked.
    • We added new technology to Windows Defender to reduce detection time to seconds, increasing our ability to respond before the infection can occur.

The article goes into more detail for these and others like Windows Defender ATP, which is post-breach response specific to businesses. However, the following paragraphs most relate to changes in Windows Defender itself.

"Machine learning. Enhancements to our cloud infrastructure let our antimalware researchers extend machine learning models in a way that we can identify and block malware more quickly. Before the Anniversary Update, the process of collecting
    a suspicious program for analysis, classifying it and responding with protection generally took hours. Now it takes minutes."

"New and improved Windows Defender. Windows Defender, which is enabled by default, can respond to new threats faster using improved cloud protection and automatic sample submission features to

block malware “at first sight”
    . We’ve also improved Windows Defender’s behavioral heuristics to help determine if a file is performing ransomware-related activities, and then detect and take action more quickly."

Rob

Rob Koch, Jan 4, 2019
  4. Windows Defender behavior changed and now blocking almost all Adobe activity.

windows defender blocking updates and changes to programs

Hi,

You can add the file in the file exclusion list to stop Windows Defender Antivirus
    from alerting you or blocking the program. We suggest that you visit this
    link on how to add an exclusion to Windows Defender Antivirus.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Jan 4, 2019
Thema:

Windows Defender behavior changed and now blocking almost all Adobe activity.

1. Windows Defender behavior changed and now blocking almost all Adobe activity. - Similar Threads - Defender behavior changed

2. Microsoft Defender Blocking Changes

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Defender Blocking Changes: Hi, I know nothing about PC security! I have always just let windows do its thing, but because of xbox live and all the gaming I had to get more memory so i plugged in a 360GB hard drive mass storage device USB hook up and than changed some memory Storage settings, like where...
  3. adobe flash is blocked

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    adobe flash is blocked: After latest windows update, adobe flash is blocked wile using games on facebook https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adobe-flash-is-blocked/1eea725e-52ed-415c-a1fe-12d7e5d09ebd
  4. Windows Defender unauthorized changes blocked

Windows Defender unauthorized changes blocked: Windows Defender unauthorized changes blocked: Controlled folder access blocked C:\Program ... \soffice.bin from making changes to the folder %userprofile%\Documents Appears to be trying to perform a "save as" when I am actually trying to save a new file or changes I...
  5. adobe flash player blocked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    adobe flash player blocked: play casndy crush it says my aqdobe fash payer is bocked?? i checked & i have itm u checked my settiungs. how do i fix jep??? please help!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adobe-flash-player-blocked/52383585-9823-453f-bcff-8ae2d79054df
  6. Windows Defender is blocking apps and update (Adobe Lightroom)

Windows Defender is blocking apps and update (Adobe Lightroom): Exit Code: 156 -------------------------------------- Summary -------------------------------------- - 2 fatal error(s), 0 error(s), 1 warnings(s) FATAL: Error (Code = 156) executing in command 'CreateSymlinkCommand' for package: 'AdobeLightroom-mul', version:7.5.0.1186149...
  7. Windows Defender blocking Adobe updates and other programs as a Security 10

Windows Defender blocking Adobe updates and other programs as a Security 10: Everytime an update comes up it is blocked, now I cannot use these programs which is very frustrating as I need them for school and work. Does anyone know an easy way to fix this problem. I have called the support line for technical help, but keep getting hung up on. A...
  8. Windows Defender Default Behavior

Windows Defender Default Behavior: I just started using Windows Defender on my new Windows 10 PC. I uninstalled the Mcafee trial software through the control panel then used the Mcafee uninstall program as well. Initially, Defender wanted to run a quick scan which I did. My question is this: By default, in...
  9. Windows 10 blocks almost all of my programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 blocks almost all of my programs: Without any apparent reason, Windows started blocking pretty much all of my programs. I could understand if it blocked programs like Cheat Engine (which it does), but Word, Excel, sometimes even Chrome!? By the way, it doesn't matter if the program is running or not....
  10. Turn On Windows Defender Block Suspicious Behaviors in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On Windows Defender Block Suspicious Behaviors in Windows 10: How to: Turn On Windows Defender Block Suspicious Behaviors in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Windows Defender Block Suspicious Behaviors in Windows 10 Starting with Windows 10 build 17704, you can enable a new protection setting, Block suspicious behaviors, which...