Windows 10: Windows Defender - Binary Files

Discus and support Windows Defender - Binary Files in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Windows Defender ("WD") has identified an Excel file with a Trojan:Script/Foretype.A!ml . The file had a lot of ordinary VBA code I wrote for myself.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by HGrey, Sep 26, 2018.

1. HGrey Win User

Windows Defender - Binary Files

Windows Defender ("WD") has identified an Excel file with a Trojan:Script/Foretype.A!ml . The file had a lot of ordinary VBA code I wrote for myself. WD removed from the file all the code (vbaProject.bin ?). Where the code or the original file was quarantined ? I need to recover at least the VBA modules.

Thank you in advance for the help.

P.S. - The same file is not considered a threat on other computers running Windows Defender.

:)

HGrey, Sep 26, 2018

2. All files on Downloads folder gone after updating windows defender

Hi,

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. We will help you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to recover the deleted files in Windows Defender and check if it helps.

• In the search box type as ‘Windows Defender’ and click on it.
    • Under the tab ‘History’ select the option ‘Quarantined items’.
    • Click on ‘View Details’ and check if any files are available.
    • If the files are present then click on the file and click on ‘Restore’.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Sep 26, 2018
  3. Windows Defender Fails Malware Test

Naw... I'll just stick by Windows Server 2003 SP #1 fully hotfix patched (& current on that note), for now @ least, & doing what I do, to get THIS kind of security analysis score:

Windows Defender - Binary Files APKBelarcAdvisor5of10ScoreBETTERThan417Before.jpg

I never suck in virus' either! The 2 the times I thought I did, the past 15 years now? They were my own fault (running 2 antivirus once, & another I don't know WHAT caused it, or I can't recall specifics anymore) in "false positives"!

Ever since I started implementing a BOAT LOAD of things ANYONE can do, if they take 45 min. - 1 hr. running, or doing:

• BELARC advisor
    • Using some security & speed oriented .reg file hacks
    • gpedit.msc (altering various policies for better security)
    • secpol.msc (hardening default security policies)
    • lusrmgr.msc (hardening default userrights)
    • regedit.exe (registry hive ACL rights)
    • explorer.exe (NTFS rights)
    • Turning off java/javascript & ActiveX/ActiveScripting in browsers
    • Using Tcp/IP ports filtrating (easy to do in IP properties)
    • Turning off Services I do NOT use that may have holes
    • AntiVirus (AntiVir, NOD32, AVG, or Norton Corporate 10.2 edition (my favs @ least - I keep 1 resident, & one other as a 2nd opinion))
    • AntiSpyware program (I like AdAware & SpyBot + use both, 2nd opinion stuff again)
    • SEVERAL AntiRootkit programs (GMER, AVG, BitDefender, BlackLight, Rootkit Buster, Rootkit Revealer, AntiRootKit, Rootkit Hook Analyzer, Sophos - all many doctors opinions from what I feel IS the biggest threat out there now, rootkits)
    • + using a hardware NAT firewall in combination w/ a software firewall (ZoneAlarm used to be good, & the native Windows firewall isn't bad, except for noting outgoing packets)
    • Keeping up on Microsoft security patches to the OS & programs from them I use
    • Being SMART about not opening email attachments & also using TEXT or RTF as my email reading format too
    • After trimming services I do NOT use (& even the ones I don't as well, set disabled or not), I secure them ALL, per this thread:
    http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=16097

• Using adbanner blocking HOSTS files (adbanners have been found to hold malicious code more than a few times the past 4-5 years now mind you)
    *HARD TO BELIEVE ON THAT NOTE OF ADBANNERS HOUSING MALWARES IN SCRIPT & MORE?

CHECK THIS, DATED TODAY 02/21/2007:

Microsoft apologises for serving malware

http://apcmag.com/5382/microsoft_apologises_for_serving_malware_to_customers

*Smile Windows Defender - Binary Files :)

* YOU DO ALL OF THAT? Yes, You CAN be safe online & use Windows, just takes a bit of work... 1 hr. implementing it all, & maybe another 1/2 hr. testing it (like when you secure services - I did a BIG list, but not every possible service under the sun, because I have not run them ALL!)

MS ships their Operating Systems 'generic' enough to run on anything FULL FUNCTION, right outta the box... this can be its 'problem' too!

APK

P.S.=> Funny thing is though, I don't think we'll EVER be "110% solid secure" unless we go OFFLINE... @ least not for another 5 yrs. or so & then I think we'll be REALLY close @ least!

Microsoft's taking the RIGHT steps, in the RIGHT direction in their apps & OS, & so are other vendors too... this is a GREAT trend!

Heck - funny thing is? Snort turned up a security hole the other day... a program you CAN use to defend yourself... mistakes & oversights get made is all, still now even.

Today? It's the "Wild West" still, not as bad as it used to be in the earlier days/decades, but still 'risky' to an extent... still in the Stone Age guys, you'll miss these days, when they are gone... apk

Alec§taar, Sep 26, 2018
  4. Ryan Mon1 Win User

Unable to Remove Exclusions from Windows Defender

Thank you for posting back. If you trust a file, file type, folder, or a process that Windows Defender Antivirus has detected as malicious, you can stop Windows Defender Antivirus from alerting you or blocking the program by adding the file to
    the exclusion list. It seems that it was added automatically. We suggest that you follow these steps:

• Go to Settings and select Update & security.
    • Click Windows Defender.
    • Look for Exclusions and select Add an exclusion.
    • Navigate to the file, folder, or process, and select Exclude this file.

If the steps provided did not work, we recommend that you boot your device to
    Safe Mode
    and redo the process.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Ryan Mon1, Sep 26, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Defender - Binary Files - Similar Threads - Defender Binary Files

2. open jdk binary problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    open jdk binary problems: i can run the game on the newest version, but i want to play on 1.18.2, and when i try to launch the game, it pushes my cpu to 99 and it crashes my pc. what do i do. i have tried googling and done diff things but nothing has worked. my windows is up to date windows 10 and my...
  3. CEF binaries missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CEF binaries missing: Hello.I was looking for a solution to whatever problem and found an article in which I learned to do a CEF Scan - big mistake!Now, every time I start my PC, I get big error with "CEF binary missing" with a long list of files.My computer is working fine. The question:HOW DO I...
  4. CEF binaries missing

CEF binaries missing: Hello.I was looking for a solution to whatever problem and found an article in which I learned to do a CEF Scan - big mistake!Now, every time I start my PC, I get big error with "CEF binary missing" with a long list of files.My computer is working fine. The question:HOW DO I...
  5. CEF binaries missing

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Looking for a free binary file viewer for Windows 10

Looking for a free binary file viewer for Windows 10: I tried "Crafty File Viewer" from the Microsoft Store. It does show some nice checksums and the content for a file, but it is quite sketchy and doesn't do much else. I was looking for an old fashioned viewer that shows sixteen or thirty two bytes from a file at a time in a...
  7. cpp file suddenly became binary

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cpp file suddenly became binary: I was editing a cpp file in VS17 in Windows 10. My computer blue screened with the error IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL I don't know if this error is relevant. I waited for it to get to 100% error collection, powered off and back on, and then I could no longer open my cpp file. VS17...
  8. Binary to decimal

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Binary to decimal: Is there a method to make windows calculate storage in the decimal way instead of binary? submitted by /u/Sh4dowSaint [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gm934g/binary_to_decimal/
  9. STL file support in Paint 3D: ASCII versus binary format

STL file support in Paint 3D: ASCII versus binary format: I have a variety of binary-format STL files that can be quickly opened with each of the following: Microsoft Paint 3D version 6.1907.18017.0; Microsoft 3D Viewer version 7.1908.9012.0; Microsoft 3D Builder version 18.0.1931.0; and Microsoft Print 3D version...
  10. windows update replaced conhost.exe but the file is not included in the update binary

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows update replaced conhost.exe but the file is not included in the update binary: We‘re performing file security analysis based on the source (where files are coming from). A Windows 10 update installs a new conhost.exe but we cannot find out where the file is coming from. It doesn't seem to be in the .cab file of the update. This is what we did:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what is windows defender binary

2. windows defender binary value

3. how to recover windows defender binary data