Windows 10: Windows Defender Blank Screen

Discus and support Windows Defender Blank Screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I started my computer, eventually, I have noticed that my windows defender is missing, so I run a malware scan, then I found 11 malicious activity, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Peezzied, Feb 21, 2021.

1. Peezzied Win User

Windows Defender Blank Screen

I started my computer, eventually, I have noticed that my windows defender is missing, so I run a malware scan, then I found 11 malicious activity, I don't know where they came from. I immediately remove it. But I have only fixed one problem which is windows update check is not working.

I've been searching for 5 hrs none of them are working, I tried a lot of things to fix this.

I tried this:

sfc /scannow

Scan with MSERT.exe

:)

Peezzied, Feb 21, 2021

2. Blank Screen

Hi Virginia,

Conflicts with third-party software and outdated graphic drivers are common contributors to the black screen issue that you're having. To isolate the said issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Are you getting any error messages before getting a blank screen?
    • Are you experiencing this when using a particular app?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this
    article
    which talks about the steps you can take to resolve blank screen errors.

We'll wait for your response and assist you accordingly.

Angela Pun, Feb 21, 2021
  3. zbook Win User
    zbook, Feb 21, 2021
  4. Peer_Sam Win User

Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Feb 21, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows Defender Blank Screen - Similar Threads - Defender Blank Screen

2. Windows Defender Blank Screen and IT Admin Prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Blank Screen and IT Admin Prompt: I am stumped. When I open Defender, I get a blank screen. If I try and open the virus protection screen it tells me my IT admin has blocked access.1. I have reset the computer 2x now2. I installed Malwarebytes this morning to check if it was a virus and it wasn't3. I have...
  3. Windows Defender Blank Screen and IT Admin Prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender Blank Screen and IT Admin Prompt: I am stumped. When I open Defender, I get a blank screen. If I try and open the virus protection screen it tells me my IT admin has blocked access.1. I have reset the computer 2x now2. I installed Malwarebytes this morning to check if it was a virus and it wasn't3. I have...
  4. Why is my Microsoft defender a blank blank screen?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why is my Microsoft defender a blank blank screen?: As you can see in the picture I have attached, whenever I try to access windows security, this is all that pops up, when I try to access it through the sidebar I get a message which I will also attach, I really need help please....
  5. Windows Defender goes blank

Windows Defender goes blank: Today, I opened windows defender and found it blank. What happened?My windows version 20H2See there is nothing : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-goes-blank/88d5ffaa-fb4d-40f1-a067-f523c943ff33
  6. Windows Defender Blank

Windows Defender Blank: My Windows Defender is showing like this. Can anyone help please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-blank/d35f83ae-8612-4fba-b319-d7b41814adf3
  7. Windows Defender Blank screen

Windows Defender Blank screen: Hi, I have an issue while opening Windows Defender Antivirus. Its goes blank. I have ScreenShot about it: [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-blank-screen/fca90e6a-92cc-4d74-95dd-fa9e1f0c88a0
  8. windows defender appearing blank

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows defender appearing blank: [ATTACH] for some unknown reason, whenever i try to run defender, it looks like this. i can't scan files for virus, and i've spent a few hours troubleshooting, and in services.msi i'm unable to reset. I've restarted wuauserV, msiserver, cryptSvc, and bits (fixing error...
  9. Windows Defender blank dashboard screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Defender blank dashboard screen: Hello. I did everything I could. Reset is the last thing I want to do. <https://imgur.com/7Ht8TPb> this is what I see. Its just the title and description. The info panel in the settings doesn't show any version number. Windows Support couldn't help me out. They said I...
  10. A blank screen on the windows defender settings.

A blank screen on the windows defender settings.: [ATTACH] When I was looking to do a full scan of my system I got this issue, I need a solution https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-blank-screen-on-the-windows-defender-settings/3ccb9d16-fd14-470a-b732-760a71ac3766"