Windows 10: Windows Defender Block Access

Discus and support Windows Defender Block Access in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Every time I try to download something, my Windows defender blocks everything, it gives me the following message: Unauthorized changes blocked,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DebbieLacombe, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Windows Defender Block Access

Every time I try to download something, my Windows defender blocks everything, it gives me the following message: Unauthorized changes blocked, Controlled folder access blocked with C:\... then the rest of the extension but it doesn't give me the full extension so it is very hard to find the location of the file to add it to my exceptions? Is there a way I can remove that blocking option because it is very annoying or at least see the full extension of where the file is located.

Thank you,

[Original Title: Windows Defender]

:)

DebbieLacombe, Sep 22, 2018
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Windows Defender is blocking too much saying it viruses

Hi Sam,

Based on the screenshot that you've provided, Controlled Folder Access is turned on, blocking most apps that you're using. We suggest that you turn it off to allow blocked apps in Windows Defender. Follow the steps below:

• Select Start > Settings.
    • Choose Update & security > Windows Defender.
    • Select Open Windows Defender Security Center.
    • Select Virus & threat protection, and then choose Virus & threat protection settings.
    • Under Controlled folder access, turn it on or off.
    • Once done, try accessing the apps and see if you can now access them.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post back.

Anne Ros, Sep 22, 2018
  3. Reldel Win User
    Turn On Windows Defender Block Suspicious Behaviors in Windows 10

The DWORD is set to 0 and I cannot get the process you suggested in the "NOTE" portion of the tutorial to work. Two attached screen shoots will show the before and after attempts to change the Permissions necessary for access to the DWORD change.
    Windows Defender Block Access [​IMG]

Windows Defender Block Access [​IMG]

Access is denied. (Note-Protected folder in Defender is turned off)

Reldel, Sep 22, 2018
  4. Anna Bol Win User

Windows Defender Block Access

Windows Defender Blocking

Hi Aeolus0,

You can add allowed folder or apps in the Windows Defender Controlled Folder Access, as it basically blocks almost every changes when it is turn on. You may try to follow these steps to add allowed apps:

• Open Windows Defender Security Center then select Virus & threat protection icon.
    • Click the Virus & threat protection settings.
    • Click Allow an app through Controlled folder access.
    • Select Add an allowed app, navigate and select the app you want to add, select Open then click Yes.
    • You might be prompted a UAC to continue.
    • You can click the Remove button if you want to remove the added app.
    • Close the Windows Defender windows.

On the other hand, if you want to allow a blocked app in Windows Defender Security Center, you may check this

article

Let us know how it goes.

Anna Bol, Sep 22, 2018
Thema:

Windows Defender Block Access

1. Windows Defender Block Access - Similar Threads - Defender Block Access

2. Windoes defender has blocked access to my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windoes defender has blocked access to my computer: So, I was on Facebook, clicked a link in Facebook and Windows Defender appeared with all kinds of warnings and is telling my access is blocked for security reasons. Anyone know what this is?...
  3. Windoes defender has blocked access to my computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windoes defender has blocked access to my computer: So, I was on Facebook, clicked a link in Facebook and Windows Defender appeared with all kinds of warnings and is telling my access is blocked for security reasons. Anyone know what this is?...
  4. Windoes defender has blocked access to my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Defender blocking network access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Defender blocking network access: I have been dealing with a strange issue for a few months since one of Windows 10 patches. About 80% of the time my PC boots, it cannot connect to my network or the internet. In the Windows Defender window, it indicates "unidentified network", then I disable Windows...
  6. Windows Defender shows Protected Memory Access Blocked

Windows Defender shows Protected Memory Access Blocked: I keep getting notifications from windows defender about protected folder or memory access blocked? On my windows 10 pro laptop, I am constantly getting notifications from windows defender about protected folder or memory access being blocked. This is what it looks...
  7. Windows Defender Unauthorized Folder Access Blocked

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Defender Unauthorized Folder Access Blocked: I Keep Getting This Message Saying Unauthorized Folder Access Blocked Programs Affected fdm.exe - Free Download Manager chrome.exe - Google Chrome Adobe Premiere Pro CC.exe - Adobe Premiere Pro 2020 Adobe Audition CC.exe - Adobe Audition 2019 Vegas170.exe - Vegas Pro...
  8. Windows Defender’s Controlled Folder Access blocking System 32

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Defender’s Controlled Folder Access blocking System 32: Hey there, am I the only one having issues with Defender’s Controller Folder Access? The feature works as intended but my problem is it’s blocking System32 tasks. I saw posts from more than a year ago but no reports of this issue recently. Things blocked by CFA:...
  9. windows defender blocks programs

in Windows 10 Support
    windows defender blocks programs: After last update my Open Office programs will not save any changes. My Quicken 17 will not save changes. I disabled windows defender and everything seemed to work. Asus Laptop with SSD drive and 8 mem Is MS aware of this and will it be fixed soon. Do I need to buy a new...
  10. Windows Defender blocking PUA?

Windows Defender blocking PUA?: Few questions about blocking PUA in Windows Defender. I enabled the prevention or blocking of PUAs and would like to ask how intrusive the notifications are? Are there a lot of false positives? I only download and install apps which I really need, no Java installed and...