Windows 10: Windows defender blocked after latest updates?

Discus and support Windows defender blocked after latest updates? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; After todays latest updates, unable to use Windows Defender, blocked by Group Policy?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BrianPiper1, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Windows defender blocked after latest updates?

After todays latest updates, unable to use Windows Defender, blocked by Group Policy?

:)

BrianPiper1, Jul 9, 2019

2. Windows update and windows defender issues

We suggest you to avoid installing any cleaner or anti-virus software that may interrupt the function of Windows Defender. Make sure that Windows Defender is always on. To do this follow these steps:

• On the Start menu, type Windows Defender and hit enter.
    • Click Settings.
    • Turn Real-time protection on.
    We also recommend you to install the latest update for Windows Defender.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Jul 9, 2019
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    Windows Defender is blocking too much saying it viruses

Hi Sam,

Based on the screenshot that you've provided, Controlled Folder Access is turned on, blocking most apps that you're using. We suggest that you turn it off to allow blocked apps in Windows Defender. Follow the steps below:

• Select Start > Settings.
    • Choose Update & security > Windows Defender.
    • Select Open Windows Defender Security Center.
    • Select Virus & threat protection, and then choose Virus & threat protection settings.
    • Under Controlled folder access, turn it on or off.
    • Once done, try accessing the apps and see if you can now access them.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post back.

Anne Ros, Jul 9, 2019
  4. Windows defender blocked after latest updates?

windows defender blocking updates and changes to programs

Hi,

You can add the file in the file exclusion list to stop Windows Defender Antivirus
    from alerting you or blocking the program. We suggest that you visit this
    link on how to add an exclusion to Windows Defender Antivirus.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Jul 9, 2019
Thema:

Windows defender blocked after latest updates?

1. Windows defender blocked after latest updates? - Similar Threads - defender blocked latest

2. Windows defender latest update drawback!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender latest update drawback!: Hi Microsoft, good job microsoft!, now how I'm supposed to know the path of the threat you found in this latest windows security dashboard?Windows Security System information :Antimalware Client Version: 4.18.2104.14Engine Version: 1.1.18100.6Antivirus Version:...
  3. windows defender blocking itunes iphone update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows defender blocking itunes iphone update: hi can anyone help windows defender is blocking iTunes so that i can not update my iPhone on my pc. i know i can do this wirelessly from the iPhone but have been doing this using my pc and iTunes for many years and don't want to change i have tried contacting Microsoft...
  4. Windows 10 defender doesn’t work after the latest update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 defender doesn’t work after the latest update: Hi I just updated my windows 10 and I got a notification that the windows defender is off and when I go to Windows Security and Virus & threat protection to turn it on it says “Unexpected error. Sorry, we ran into a problem. Please try again.” Does anyone else have the same...
  5. Windows 10 Firewall Blocks Defender Update

Windows 10 Firewall Blocks Defender Update: Hi, all. I just joined minutes ago. My Windows 10 Firewall blocks my Defender from downloading new definitions (WTF???). It used to work fine. If I turn off Firewall, it updates no problem. I've created as many inbound and outbound rules as I can think of for all of the...
  6. Update and windows defender security blocked

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update and windows defender security blocked: Good morning I can not unlock the windows update, and consequently also the windows defender security block.The last update is 03/02/2019 from there it is blocked everything.I also tried to follow the guides but do not unlock nothing, and it's the second time that happens to...
  7. Windows defender firewall is blocking all after cumulative update?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows defender firewall is blocking all after cumulative update?: Hi all, This started this morning after I let my laptop do it's cumulative update. I don't know if it's relevant, but it had to be updated and restarted twice as the update was still shown as pending after the first update and restart. Model is Acer Helios 300 2017 model....
  8. Windows Defender not updating to the latest definitions.

Windows Defender not updating to the latest definitions.: Bit of a strange one here, for the past 3 days I have not been unable to update to the latest definitions whether it be through Windows Update, Windows Defender, manual updates or through using a command prompt. The latest definition I had was 1.271.815.0 on 11th July....
  9. Windows Defender not updating to the latest definitions.

Windows Defender not updating to the latest definitions.: Bit of a strange one here, for the past 3 days I have not been unable to update to the latest definitions whether it be through Windows Update, Windows Defender, manual updates or through using a command prompt. The latest definition I had was 1.271.815.0 on 11th July....
  10. Windows Defender blocks latest Auslogics' disk defrag download

Windows Defender blocks latest Auslogics' disk defrag download: I guess WD may be right. The executable size went from roughly 7,5mb to 11,5mb for latest version. Fishy to say the least. For anyone who wants to try: Disk Defrag - Best Free Defrag Software For Your Hard Drive PS - If you scroll the page below, there is a PORTABLE...