Windows 10: Windows Defender blocking access to apps, not abiding to Admin Privileges, disabling...

Discus and support Windows Defender blocking access to apps, not abiding to Admin Privileges, disabling... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Before the 'look before you post', I've searched high and low without any luck. When attempting to load up Microsoft Word, or BlueJ (after further... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ateal3235, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Ateal3235 Win User

Windows Defender blocking access to apps, not abiding to Admin Privileges, disabling...

Before the 'look before you post', I've searched high and low without any luck.

When attempting to load up Microsoft Word, or BlueJ (after further testing it seems to be any app that normally edits files), I receive this message:​

Windows Defender blocking access to apps, not abiding to Admin Privileges, disabling... e012934e-cb1d-4bff-b4f3-2a949557ae96?upload=true.png

When clicking on these notifications, I get this message​

Windows Defender blocking access to apps, not abiding to Admin Privileges, disabling... 5dfa2f1e-fc25-447e-a05a-f82f0d97dfcd?upload=true.png When attempting to edit any preferences in the Virus and Threat Protection, all of the corresponding options are grayed out and unable to be edited:​

Windows Defender blocking access to apps, not abiding to Admin Privileges, disabling... 9171a1db-963d-4e61-b74f-d62a2b90ae94?upload=true.png

My assumption was that my account was not an administrative account...​

Windows Defender blocking access to apps, not abiding to Admin Privileges, disabling... 9a78a0cf-c3e4-4374-9ae4-33fa0bda5971?upload=true.png

...which isn't true​

When using the "hidden Admin" account, all of the above grayed out settings are identical, along with the messages when trying to launch Word or BlueJ.​

Unfortunately I don't have photo evidence for this next anecdote, due to it's​

difficulty to prove, and I know this is my first post, but trust me on this one. Any possible antivirus that existed on my computer at some point has been removed, including but not limited to Norton and MalwareBytes. I have gone through my list of programs with a fine toothed comb, removing anything without a legitimate author, along with sketchy or unusable programs. My laptop is running the most recent version of Windows 10 Home. I have restarted it many times to no avail. The problem appeared on Sunday, I am unsure if this is related to the last update, however I am sure I did not download any programs during that day. Please help, my last resort is doing a hard reset, and I don't quite like the sound of that. Thank you for reading my jumbled up mess of a question, apologies if it is formatted incorrectly. ​

:)

Ateal3235, Aug 13, 2019
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Windows Defender is blocking too much saying it viruses

Hi Sam,

Based on the screenshot that you've provided, Controlled Folder Access is turned on, blocking most apps that you're using. We suggest that you turn it off to allow blocked apps in Windows Defender. Follow the steps below:

• Select Start > Settings.
    • Choose Update & security > Windows Defender.
    • Select Open Windows Defender Security Center.
    • Select Virus & threat protection, and then choose Virus & threat protection settings.
    • Under Controlled folder access, turn it on or off.
    • Once done, try accessing the apps and see if you can now access them.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post back.

Anne Ros, Aug 13, 2019
  3. Anna Bol Win User
    Windows Defender Blocking

Hi Aeolus0,

You can add allowed folder or apps in the Windows Defender Controlled Folder Access, as it basically blocks almost every changes when it is turn on. You may try to follow these steps to add allowed apps:

• Open Windows Defender Security Center then select Virus & threat protection icon.
    • Click the Virus & threat protection settings.
    • Click Allow an app through Controlled folder access.
    • Select Add an allowed app, navigate and select the app you want to add, select Open then click Yes.
    • You might be prompted a UAC to continue.
    • You can click the Remove button if you want to remove the added app.
    • Close the Windows Defender windows.

On the other hand, if you want to allow a blocked app in Windows Defender Security Center, you may check this

article

Let us know how it goes.

Anna Bol, Aug 13, 2019
  4. DAC
    DaC Win User

Windows Defender blocking access to apps, not abiding to Admin Privileges, disabling...

Virtual Machine on a flash Drive without admin privileges

so... no go for vpc without admin privileges ?

Thema:

1. Windows Defender blocking access to apps, not abiding to Admin Privileges, disabling... - Similar Threads - Defender blocking access

2. I disabled the wrong users admin privileges

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I disabled the wrong users admin privileges: I am not sure what is going on fully, but I was trying to get another user added with admin access so that I wouldn't need to log in to my computer. Well, I did something wrong and the user only shows up on restart tries to login for me and fails every time because it says...
  3. Admin privileges

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Admin privileges: I don't know what I did but I no longer have a user with admin privileges nor can I access "Family & other users” category it's not an option in "Accounts" How do I get my admin privileges back when I don't have admin privileges....
  4. Admin Privileges

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Admin Privileges: My new HP All in one does not recognize me as the administrator. Please advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/admin-privileges/8cde7d41-26ef-4a38-bd2c-7a0b7b7b98d5
  5. Admin privileges

Admin privileges: So I recently transferred windows over to a new m.2 drive which I got got Christmas. But when I was trying to make the account passwordsless, I used the command netplwiz to make it passwordless because that's what I found online, but while doing that I decided to change the...
  6. admin privileges

in Windows 10 Customization
    admin privileges: so i want admin privileges so i can unblock websites but for some reason i cant access accounts, gaming, apps, update and sercuity, personalization, and when i do a admin app it says enter admin user and password i reset my computer but nothing helped and i cantt access...
  7. admin privileges

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    admin privileges: Hi, Even since I bought my PC, I noticed that whenever I needed to make a change in setting I received a message saying I was not the administrator. In order to run CDM to try to make a change, it tell me that the operation requires elevation (run as administrator) Why is...
  8. Cannot access admin privileges

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot access admin privileges: Tried to install a game for my kid. Realized quickly that I needed admin privileges to do so. Win 10 Home will not let me be admin, no matter what I try. I have scoured the web for hours looking for tips - so far they all fail. Some things I've tried (that failed): 1....
  9. Windows Defender Block Access

Windows Defender Block Access: Every time I try to download something, my Windows defender blocks everything, it gives me the following message: Unauthorized changes blocked, Controlled folder access blocked with C:\... then the rest of the extension but it doesn't give me the full extension so it is very...
  10. No Admin privileges.

in Windows 10 Support
    No Admin privileges.: I purchased a new Alienware computer 2 weeks ago and a couple days ago I noticed I couldn't access my Pictures folder. I also noticed I couldn't do any Admin tasks. I can't open task manager, Open any exe. files and when I right click on C drive I get Access is denied. I...