Windows 10: Windows Defender blocking app on Exception list

Discus and support Windows Defender blocking app on Exception list in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am regularly several times a day getting an alert that Defender has blocked DDVDataCollector.exe which is a Dell app.As you can see, this is on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Charles Kenyon, Nov 25, 2021.

1. Windows Defender blocking app on Exception list

I am regularly several times a day getting an alert that Defender has blocked DDVDataCollector.exe which is a Dell app.As you can see, this is on the allowed list:

:)

Charles Kenyon, Nov 25, 2021
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Windows Defender is blocking too much saying it viruses

Hi Sam,

Based on the screenshot that you've provided, Controlled Folder Access is turned on, blocking most apps that you're using. We suggest that you turn it off to allow blocked apps in Windows Defender. Follow the steps below:

• Select Start > Settings.
    • Choose Update & security > Windows Defender.
    • Select Open Windows Defender Security Center.
    • Select Virus & threat protection, and then choose Virus & threat protection settings.
    • Under Controlled folder access, turn it on or off.
    • Once done, try accessing the apps and see if you can now access them.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post back.

Anne Ros, Nov 25, 2021
  3. Windows Defender Blocking Installations of Downloaded Apps

Pictures

edouardlesly1, Nov 25, 2021
  4. John Sarc Win User

Windows Defender blocking app on Exception list

Windows Defender Blocking Installations of Downloaded Apps

Hi Craig,

There's a possibility that the SmartScreen option is on that's why you're unable to install downloaded apps. Let's try to turn it off and see if it helps. See the steps below:

• Open Windows Defender Security Center from your Start menu, desktop, or taskbar.
    • Click on the App and browser control button on the left side of the window.
    • Click on Off in the Check apps and files section.

Let us know if the suggestion helps you out.

John Sarc, Nov 25, 2021
Thema:

Windows Defender blocking app on Exception list

1. Windows Defender blocking app on Exception list - Similar Threads - Defender blocking app

2. Windows defender application control blocking apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender application control blocking apps: My applications are being blocked by Windows Defender Application Control and I can't seem to turn it off. I've checked Intune policies, Group Policy, RegEdit and they are have PUA disabled, but I still can't open apps that I used to able to use....
  3. Windows defender application control blocking apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows defender application control blocking apps: My applications are being blocked by Windows Defender Application Control and I can't seem to turn it off. I've checked Intune policies, Group Policy, RegEdit and they are have PUA disabled, but I still can't open apps that I used to able to use....
  4. windows defender firewall cannot add "" to the list of exceptions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows defender firewall cannot add "" to the list of exceptions: I'm at "Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Windows Defender Firewall\Allowed apps" for some reason even if I click the button "Change settings" it wont let me tick/untick the boxes, Also when I click "Allow another app" and choose a file it just shows me an error saying...
  5. windows defender firewall cannot add "" to the list of exceptions

windows defender firewall cannot add "" to the list of exceptions: I'm at "Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Windows Defender Firewall\Allowed apps" for some reason even if I click the button "Change settings" it wont let me tick/untick the boxes, Also when I click "Allow another app" and choose a file it just shows me an error saying...
  6. Windows Defender blocking app on Exception list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender blocking app on Exception list: I am regularly several times a day getting an alert that Defender has blocked DDVDataCollector.exe which is a Dell app.As you can see, this is on the allowed list:...
  7. Windows Defender blocking app on Exception list

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Defender blocking app on Exception list: I am regularly several times a day getting an alert that Defender has blocked DDVDataCollector.exe which is a Dell app.As you can see, this is on the allowed list:...
  8. Windows defender Blocking software not and app

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows defender Blocking software not and app: Windows defender has been blocking my embroidery software since the first of august. I was able to delete and update on my laptop and software will work. But I can't go back that far on my desktop. I have done all updates. I just purchased the newest embroidery software and...
  9. Windows defender firewall blocked app

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender firewall blocked app: What does this mean? When I tried opening iTunes on my laptop C:\program files\windowsapps\appleinc.itunes_12096.3.41072.0_x64__nzyj5cx40ttqa\itunes.exe...
  10. Windows 10 Mail App Proofing Exceptions List

Windows 10 Mail App Proofing Exceptions List: Hello, Where do I access the list of spelling exceptions that I've added to the Mail App's proofing feature? I accidentally added an exception that I would like to remove. Kind regards, Ronald...