Windows 10: Windows Defender Blocking FileZilla 3.41.2 Downloads

Discus and support Windows Defender Blocking FileZilla 3.41.2 Downloads in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Windows Defender is continually blocking me from downloading Filezilla 3.41.2 We have quite a few users who require Filezilla installed, so this is... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Richard Gailey, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Windows Defender Blocking FileZilla 3.41.2 Downloads

Windows Defender is continually blocking me from downloading Filezilla 3.41.2

We have quite a few users who require Filezilla installed, so this is going to cause an issue. This is a new issue for us as Defender has always allowed Filezilla to be downloaded and installed without issue.

Can someone take a look and see if this is indeed a false-positive and allow this in the next update.

Downloading the FileZilla Client for Windows (64bit) via their official site.

:)

Richard Gailey, Mar 19, 2019
  2. Eagle51 Win User

Windows 10 Defender blocking FTP connections to FileZilla Server

Hey mikenyc,
    IIRC ... Those three FTP Server inbound rules are for IIS FTP, which use ports 20,21 and if you're using the same ports for FileZilla, that might be what's causing the issue. If you have't already, try using a custom port range for FileZilla.

Note:
    1. I use FileZilla FTP Server and the only inbound rule i have is ....
    FileZilla FTP Server Private Yes Allow No %ProgramFiles% (x86)\FileZilla Server\FileZilla Server.exe
    2. I use a high custom port range (example: 51000-51005)
    3. I don't have IIS FTP installed.

Eagle51, Mar 19, 2019
  3. Reldel Win User
    Turn On Windows Defender Block Suspicious Behaviors in Windows 10

The DWORD is set to 0 and I cannot get the process you suggested in the "NOTE" portion of the tutorial to work. Two attached screen shoots will show the before and after attempts to change the Permissions necessary for access to the DWORD change.
    Windows Defender Blocking FileZilla 3.41.2 Downloads [​IMG]

Windows Defender Blocking FileZilla 3.41.2 Downloads [​IMG]

Access is denied. (Note-Protected folder in Defender is turned off)

Reldel, Mar 19, 2019
  4. Windows Defender Blocking FileZilla 3.41.2 Downloads

Windows Defender Blocking Installations of Downloaded Apps

Pictures

edouardlesly1, Mar 19, 2019
Thema:

Windows Defender Blocking FileZilla 3.41.2 Downloads

1. Windows Defender Blocking FileZilla 3.41.2 Downloads - Similar Threads - Defender Blocking FileZilla

2. Windows defender App and browser control (PUA block downloads)

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows defender App and browser control (PUA block downloads): how can i use a reg key to enable below? thanks a lot for your help. :) [img] 176030
  3. Defender blocking file download.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender blocking file download.: I am unable to download photos or other files into folders unless I disable Defender Real Time Protection. I cannot properly run FreeFileSync, KeePass2, O&OSU.exe, and am unable to download photos form my Canon camera. Desperately need help!...
  4. Windows Defender is blocking a download from Lumen 5

Windows Defender is blocking a download from Lumen 5: I would like to use Lumen 5 to create videos for social media, however Windows Defender will not allow me to download them to my desktop, here is the error message. How do I get around this?[ATTACH]...
  5. Filezilla downloads flagged as false positive by Windows Defender, says Filezilla

Filezilla downloads flagged as false positive by Windows Defender, says Filezilla: Filezilla security issue Quote #1 Post by colincruz » 2018-10-11 16:28 I have been using Filezilla Client for years on various computers and I love it...it works great. Except, right now. on one of our computers, I am unable to securely download files. I have been...
  6. Windows 10 Defender blocking FTP connections to FileZilla Server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Defender blocking FTP connections to FileZilla Server: Hi, I am running Wnidows 10 with a FileZilla Server. I cannot connect to the server when inbound rules are set to default (no rule, no access). If I set inbound rules to "allow", i can connect to the FileZilla Server. Inbound rules Name Profile Enabled Action Override...
  7. Windows Defender blocks latest Auslogics' disk defrag download

Windows Defender blocks latest Auslogics' disk defrag download: I guess WD may be right. The executable size went from roughly 7,5mb to 11,5mb for latest version. Fishy to say the least. For anyone who wants to try: Disk Defrag - Best Free Defrag Software For Your Hard Drive PS - If you scroll the page below, there is a PORTABLE...
  8. Download contained a malware, Windows Defender blocked

Download contained a malware, Windows Defender blocked: I downloaded a file, and Windows Defender immediately popped up, saying a severe malware was found and quarantined, I deleted it. But, at first I didn't notice that the download itself contained the malware, so I downloaded it again (Who knew it can discover a malware while...
  9. windows defender blocks downloads

windows defender blocks downloads: says has virus alert avg was just uninstalled on sons computer through revo uninstaller 102996
  10. FileZilla Frustration

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    FileZilla Frustration: I am in the last grit of setting up FileZilla, I am using all the defaults and going through the wizards to set the account details. Problem. Error Failed to create listen socket on port 0, This seems to root in Window 10 Defender. I have found how to open the port...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. window defender stoping filezilla

2. windows defender stopping download filezilla

3. filezilla defender false virus