Windows 10: Windows Defender blocking game save files

Discus and support Windows Defender blocking game save files in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Windows Defender (to be more specific, Virus & Threat Protection > Real Time Protection) thinks that my games on my computer are harming my computer... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Berk Karsi, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Windows Defender blocking game save files

Windows Defender (to be more specific, Virus & Threat Protection > Real Time Protection) thinks that my games on my computer are harming my computer when they enter save files. My games are official, all of them are from Steam, Origin, Uplay, and official PC-ROM discs.

Because of this, after every time I turn on my PC, I have to manually turn it off every time, and it is becoming annoying. If I don't turn it off, the games start from the beginning as if I never played them before.

I also tried to manually exclude the virus protection from the games, but it takes so long to manually pick every game to exclude virus protection one by one.

I also get a notification every time I try to launch a game that the game is trying to harm my computer when in reality it's just accessing the save files.

I am tired of manually turning off Virus & Threat Protection after every time my PC turns on. There has to be a better solution.

Help would be appreciated, let me know if this problem is already solved by someone else.

:)

Berk Karsi, Jan 3, 2019

2. Windows Defender Blocks Game from writing to User file.

After the most recent upgrade to Windows 10, Defender blocks the game CNC3 from writing to the user file. CNC3 wants to store data there as to game state and levels. When I disable Defender the game works fine. I tried a few changes in permissions
    but apparently they did not work. CNC3 has been working for over a year on this machine with Windows 10.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thank you

OutlookE-Mail, Jan 3, 2019
  3. Defender blocks files I want to save

When I want to save excel files Windows Defender blocks the file and message is that file path not known and unauthorised controlled folder

AustinJONT, Jan 3, 2019
  4. Tatty_One Win User

Windows Defender blocking game save files

Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Jan 3, 2019
Thema:

Windows Defender blocking game save files

1. Windows Defender blocking game save files - Similar Threads - Defender blocking game

2. Block file saving from Internet.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Block file saving from Internet.: I cannot save a file from internet with all browers I tried - Chrome, Edge, Whale.A temporary file seems to be appread in download folder but removed imediately.There is no message about blocking file. Re-install browers did not help to solve the problem, disable windows...
  3. Block file saving from Internet.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Block file saving from Internet.: I cannot save a file from internet with all browers I tried - Chrome, Edge, Whale.A temporary file seems to be appread in download folder but removed imediately.There is no message about blocking file. Re-install browers did not help to solve the problem, disable windows...
  4. Windows Blocking Saving New Games to External HD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Blocking Saving New Games to External HD: Hello, I have recently purchased an external hard drive for my laptop as the games take up a lot of the memory. I have downloaded games from Steam that go straight to my external drive but when I try to download games from the game pass it is never an option to go to my...
  5. Windows Blocking Saving New Games to External HD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Blocking Saving New Games to External HD: Hello, I have recently purchased an external hard drive for my laptop as the games take up a lot of the memory. I have downloaded games from Steam that go straight to my external drive but when I try to download games from the game pass it is never an option to go to my...
  6. Windows Blocking Saving New Games to External HD

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  7. Windows blocking save files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows blocking save files: I have recently reset my Laptop to a fresh windows install and its been acting weird. Whenever I try to save a game on terraria it says it can't access the files. Im told to disable ransomware and controlled folder access. Only problem, THEY DONT EXCISTS?! No where is there...
  8. Windows defender block my games from using save files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows defender block my games from using save files: I got legit games and every time i turn them on i got notification that my defender block them from using save files. So every time i need to put them on no blocking defender settings. Is there a way to stop it instead of doing the same process with every new game? submitted...
  9. Defender blocking file download.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender blocking file download.: I am unable to download photos or other files into folders unless I disable Defender Real Time Protection. I cannot properly run FreeFileSync, KeePass2, O&OSU.exe, and am unable to download photos form my Canon camera. Desperately need help!...
  10. Defender blocks files I want to save

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender blocks files I want to save: When I want to save excel files Windows Defender blocks the file and message is that file path not known and unauthorised controlled folder...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows defender block saves

2. windows defender blocks games files

3. windows defender blockin game

4. windows defender file save protection,
  5. windows defender blocking games,
  6. windows defender antivirus blocking games