Windows 10: Windows Defender Blocking Internet on Windows 10 Pro.

Discus and support Windows Defender Blocking Internet on Windows 10 Pro. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I have a Dell desktop (XPS) and running Windows 10 Pro OS Build 17134.471 It is a private machine. Yesterday when i switched on the PC,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AndyBHD9, Dec 12, 2018.

1. AndyBHD9 Win User

Windows Defender Blocking Internet on Windows 10 Pro.

Hello,

I have a Dell desktop (XPS) and running Windows 10 Pro OS Build 17134.471 It is a private machine.

Yesterday when i switched on the PC, after about an hour, the internet went down and all the browsers were inaccessible (Chrome, IE, Opera etc..). Each one saying your internet is blocked. I finally got it back up and running by clicking 'Restore firewalls to default' I also made sure i downloaded the latest Windows update (12/12/2018)

However the next day, as soon as i logged onto my computer, it happened again and ever since, i cannot access the internet unless i click 'Restore firewalls to default'

Looking at Windows Defender Advanced Settings - Properties - Private Profile, it seems to be defaulting to Outbound Connections: Blocked rather than Allow (default).

This evening, mid Skype call, the internet became blocked again, and after looking in Windows Defender Advanced Settings - Properties - Private Profile, it had defaulting back to to Outbound Connections: Blocked again!

The internet is accessible on other devices (Smart Phones) so this is exclusive to this PC.

At a loss on this one, scoured the forums and nothing. Please help.

Regards

Andrew

:)

AndyBHD9, Dec 12, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 12, 2018
  3. Jetster Win User
    Windows 10 install "S" WTF

So i'm taking a break from this mess but here's what happen.
    My friend that is still having issues with WOW wants to do a clean install (this is an updated W7 to 10)

I booted to the USB with 1709 and installed from Legacy not uefi like I always do
    It installed Windows 10 S ?? Then I go to install Firefox and its blocked (your organization used windows defender application control to block this app) something like that
    So Google Windows 10 S Blocking apps. It says to get it to WIndows pro like it was. So he logs into his Microsoft Account and it go to Windows 10 Pro.
    Still blocks every software install

Windows Defender Blocking Internet on Windows 10 Pro. p1kalmig2k383.jpg

Your organization used Windows Defender Application Control to block this app » Winhelponline

Windows defender application control - [Solved] - Windows 10

Jetster, Dec 12, 2018
  4. 95Viper Win User

95Viper, Dec 12, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Defender Blocking Internet on Windows 10 Pro. - Similar Threads - Defender Blocking Internet

2. Windows 10 blocked internet connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 blocked internet connection: Hello, Hope someone will help me here with issue I'm having please. Windows 10 Internet completely blocked. Non of Browsers working, non of the apps will connect. Windows update also is not connecting. Appears that Microsoft Edge was updated just before the issue. Tried:...
  3. Windows 10 blocked internet connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 blocked internet connection: Hello, Hope someone will help me here with issue I'm having please. Windows 10 Internet completely blocked. Non of Browsers working, non of the apps will connect. Windows update also is not connecting. Appears that Microsoft Edge was updated just before the issue. Tried:...
  4. Windows 10 blocked internet connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows 10 blocking internet -

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 blocking internet -: Guys I have exhausted all resources to googling and adding reddit to my keywords to YouTube.. I appreciate any info that you can provide.... I believe the cause is the windows security or defenders takes a long time to load after booting up the pc. I also when I open and...
  6. windows 10 pro settings block

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 pro settings block: hie. how do i fix error on time/date settings page to enable me to change or access all the page settings. it only shows "some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization". this has barred other software to run on computer because of the wrong date on the...
  7. Windows 10 Defender blocking zoominstaller.exe

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Defender blocking zoominstaller.exe: I would like to download Zoom onto this 2019 Lenovo IdeaPad240 bought at staple store. Windows Defender 10 blocks ALL downloads "… has a virus and was deleted..." I've tried every way I can find to shut off Windows 10 Defender. Upon downloading, I STILL get that same...
  8. windows defender blocks programs

in Windows 10 Support
    windows defender blocks programs: After last update my Open Office programs will not save any changes. My Quicken 17 will not save changes. I disabled windows defender and everything seemed to work. Asus Laptop with SSD drive and 8 mem Is MS aware of this and will it be fixed soon. Do I need to buy a new...
  9. Windows Defender blocking PUA?

Windows Defender blocking PUA?: Few questions about blocking PUA in Windows Defender. I enabled the prevention or blocking of PUAs and would like to ask how intrusive the notifications are? Are there a lot of false positives? I only download and install apps which I really need, no Java installed and...
  10. Windows 10 : Is Defender capable to block all internet threats?

Windows 10 : Is Defender capable to block all internet threats?: Hello everybody, IS DEFENDER CAPABLE TO BLOCK ALL VIRUS THREATS AND ALLOW ME SAFE INTERNET BROWSING AND NET BANKING? ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- My Dell laptop got updated with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows defender blocking web browsers

2. windows defender block the internet

3. win 10 pro 1903 blocking internet browsers

4. win 10 1903 blocking internet browsers,
  5. windows defender blocking download in windows 10,
  6. windows defender is blocking the internet,
  7. windows defender blocking internet explorer,
  8. windows 10 defender blocking download,
  9. no outbound internet on windows 10 pro 1903,
  10. how do i download avg onto my new laptop as windows defender turning is blocking it,
  11. windows 10 defender blocking chrome,
  12. windows defender block app from internet,
  13. iphone internet blocked in Windows 10 pro