Windows 10: Windows defender Blocking software not and app

Discus and support Windows defender Blocking software not and app in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows defender has been blocking my embroidery software since the first of august. I was able to delete and update on my laptop and software will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SheronRussell, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Windows defender Blocking software not and app

Windows defender has been blocking my embroidery software since the first of august. I was able to delete and update on my laptop and software will work. But I can't go back that far on my desktop. I have done all updates.

I just purchased the newest embroidery software and it doesn't work either. It is a windows issue. I have done and allow through defender but that didn't work. It keeps saying it is a trojon. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

SheronRussell, Oct 26, 2020
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Windows Defender is blocking too much saying it viruses

Hi Sam,

Based on the screenshot that you've provided, Controlled Folder Access is turned on, blocking most apps that you're using. We suggest that you turn it off to allow blocked apps in Windows Defender. Follow the steps below:

• Select Start > Settings.
    • Choose Update & security > Windows Defender.
    • Select Open Windows Defender Security Center.
    • Select Virus & threat protection, and then choose Virus & threat protection settings.
    • Under Controlled folder access, turn it on or off.
    • Once done, try accessing the apps and see if you can now access them.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post back.

Anne Ros, Oct 26, 2020
  3. John Sarc Win User
    Windows Defender Blocking Installations of Downloaded Apps

Hi Craig,

There's a possibility that the SmartScreen option is on that's why you're unable to install downloaded apps. Let's try to turn it off and see if it helps. See the steps below:

• Open Windows Defender Security Center from your Start menu, desktop, or taskbar.
    • Click on the App and browser control button on the left side of the window.
    • Click on Off in the Check apps and files section.

Let us know if the suggestion helps you out.

John Sarc, Oct 26, 2020
  4. Windows defender Blocking software not and app

Windows Defender Blocking Installations of Downloaded Apps

Pictures

edouardlesly1, Oct 26, 2020
Thema:

Windows defender Blocking software not and app

1. Windows defender Blocking software not and app - Similar Threads - defender Blocking software

2. Windows defender is blocking an update to my tax software.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender is blocking an update to my tax software.: Using TurboTax 2023, update from 2/15/24 keeps failing with a 1603 warning-loosely translated "not our software, its your computer". Computer is Win OS 10, 8yrs old not compatible with OS 11, not an option. Went to TT help site, which offered a manual patch. Downloaded the...
  3. Windows defender is blocking an update to my tax software.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows defender is blocking an update to my tax software.: Using TurboTax 2023, update from 2/15/24 keeps failing with a 1603 warning-loosely translated "not our software, its your computer". Computer is Win OS 10, 8yrs old not compatible with OS 11, not an option. Went to TT help site, which offered a manual patch. Downloaded the...
  4. Windows defender is blocking an update to my tax software.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows defender application control blocking apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender application control blocking apps: My applications are being blocked by Windows Defender Application Control and I can't seem to turn it off. I've checked Intune policies, Group Policy, RegEdit and they are have PUA disabled, but I still can't open apps that I used to able to use....
  6. Smart Control App is blocking software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Smart Control App is blocking software: SCA is blocking wsl, wmic and other software and that's getting on my way. I try to keep windows up to date and when I run sfc scannow and dism... scanhealth they turn out good....
  7. Smart Control App is blocking software

Smart Control App is blocking software: SCA is blocking wsl, wmic and other software and that's getting on my way. I try to keep windows up to date and when I run sfc scannow and dism... scanhealth they turn out good....
  8. Windows Defender blocking app on Exception list

Windows Defender blocking app on Exception list: I am regularly several times a day getting an alert that Defender has blocked DDVDataCollector.exe which is a Dell app.As you can see, this is on the allowed list:...
  9. Windows defender firewall blocked app

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender firewall blocked app: What does this mean? When I tried opening iTunes on my laptop C:\program files\windowsapps\appleinc.itunes_12096.3.41072.0_x64__nzyj5cx40ttqa\itunes.exe...
  10. Our Software Blocked by Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Our Software Blocked by Windows Defender: Hi, Our software after more than 10 years of being ok was black listed yesterday by Windows Defender. We have submitted a paid support ticket with a 2 hr window 48 hours ago and haven't heard back from Microsoft. You can imagine this is dramatically affecting our business...