Windows 10: windows defender blocks downloads

Discus and support windows defender blocks downloads in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; says has virus alert avg was just uninstalled on sons computer through revo uninstaller 102996 Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Wood, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Wood Win User

windows defender blocks downloads

says has virus alert
    avg was just uninstalled on sons computer through revo uninstaller

:)

2. DVDs won't play on Windows 10

I have never known Windows Defender to block the VLC Media Player.

Especially if one downloads it from the official Videolan Website or the Microsoft Store.

Downloads from other sites could have hidden "piggy backers" that Defender WOULD block.

Or you may have a third party antivirus/antimalware program installed that is blocking it.

But DEFENDER? Never.

c8a1f2a5-41f1-4c8c-ba29-4bd7ad8a27d9, Jan 22, 2018
  3. windows defender

windows defender has been blocking Quicken and numerous downloads recently. I also have Malwarebytes, so can I turn off Defender?

RonShearer, Jan 22, 2018
  4. torre Win User

AVG | Download tools and utilities

- Do a search with Revo to look for remnants.

- Try the AVG uninstall tool above to search for remnants. Sometimes, it is necessary to reinstall AVG and uninstall using the AVG tool.

- Good idea (imo) to check the registry (regedit) and file explorer and delete registry keys and folders.

torre, Jan 22, 2018
  5. Malwarebytes' scanner
    If this program is already installed: Skip the installation and run only the scan!
    Download and install: Please download Malwarebytes' scanner to your desktop.

• Double-click mb3-setup-consumer-3.x.x.xxxx and follow the prompts to install the program.
    • Click Finish.
    • On the Dashboard, click the 'Check for Updates' button.
    • After the update completes, click the 'Scan Now' button.
    • A Threat Scan will begin. Please allow it to progress through the scanning process.
    • When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Quarantines Selected button to allow the program to clean what was detected.
    • In most cases, a restart will be required.
    • Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.

How to get logs: (Export log to save as txt)

• After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open Malwarebytes once more.
    • Click on the Reports tab > Scan Report. (if you have done more than one scan in the past, select the most recent that shows the Date and time of the scan just performed. Press View Report button.
    • Click 'Export'.
    • Click 'Text file (*.txt)'
    • In the Save File dialog box which appears, click on Desktop.
    • In the File name: box type a name for your scan log.
    • A message box named 'File Saved' should appear stating "Your file has been successfully exported".
    • Click Ok
    • Find the log on your Desktop and Attach that saved log to your next reply.

(Copy to clipboard for pasting into forum replies or tickets)

FreeBooter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. windows defender blocks downloads - Similar Threads - defender blocks downloads

2. Windows defender App and browser control (PUA block downloads)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender App and browser control (PUA block downloads): how can i use a reg key to enable below? thanks a lot for your help. :) [img] 176030
  3. Windows defender App and browser control (PUA block downloads)

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows defender App and browser control (PUA block downloads): how can i use a reg key to enable below? thanks a lot for your help. :) [img] 176030
  4. windows defender blocks programs

in Windows 10 Support
    windows defender blocks programs: After last update my Open Office programs will not save any changes. My Quicken 17 will not save changes. I disabled windows defender and everything seemed to work. Asus Laptop with SSD drive and 8 mem Is MS aware of this and will it be fixed soon. Do I need to buy a new...
  5. Windows Defender Blocking FileZilla 3.41.2 Downloads

Windows Defender Blocking FileZilla 3.41.2 Downloads: Windows Defender is continually blocking me from downloading Filezilla 3.41.2 We have quite a few users who require Filezilla installed, so this is going to cause an issue. This is a new issue for us as Defender has always allowed Filezilla to be downloaded and installed...
  6. Defender blocking file download.

Defender blocking file download.: I am unable to download photos or other files into folders unless I disable Defender Real Time Protection. I cannot properly run FreeFileSync, KeePass2, O&OSU.exe, and am unable to download photos form my Canon camera. Desperately need help!...
  7. Windows Defender blocking PUA?

Windows Defender blocking PUA?: Few questions about blocking PUA in Windows Defender. I enabled the prevention or blocking of PUAs and would like to ask how intrusive the notifications are? Are there a lot of false positives? I only download and install apps which I really need, no Java installed and...
  8. Windows Defender is blocking a download from Lumen 5

Windows Defender is blocking a download from Lumen 5: I would like to use Lumen 5 to create videos for social media, however Windows Defender will not allow me to download them to my desktop, here is the error message. How do I get around this?[ATTACH]...
  9. Windows Defender blocks latest Auslogics' disk defrag download

Windows Defender blocks latest Auslogics' disk defrag download: I guess WD may be right. The executable size went from roughly 7,5mb to 11,5mb for latest version. Fishy to say the least. For anyone who wants to try: Disk Defrag - Best Free Defrag Software For Your Hard Drive PS - If you scroll the page below, there is a PORTABLE...
  10. Download contained a malware, Windows Defender blocked

Download contained a malware, Windows Defender blocked: I downloaded a file, and Windows Defender immediately popped up, saying a severe malware was found and quarantined, I deleted it. But, at first I didn't notice that the download itself contained the malware, so I downloaded it again (Who knew it can discover a malware while...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows defender block download virus

2. windows defender blocks downloads

3. windows defender blocks exe download