Windows 10: windows defender blocks programs

Discus and support windows defender blocks programs in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After last update my Open Office programs will not save any changes. My Quicken 17 will not save changes. I disabled windows defender and everything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Eltopia, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Eltopia Win User

windows defender blocks programs

After last update my Open Office programs will not save any changes.
    My Quicken 17 will not save changes.
    I disabled windows defender and everything seemed to work.
    Asus Laptop with SSD drive and 8 mem
    Is MS aware of this and will it be fixed soon.
    Do I need to buy a new virus program and not use windows defender,

Thanks for any help

:)

Eltopia, Sep 12, 2019

2. windows defender blocking updates and changes to programs

Hi,

You can add the file in the file exclusion list to stop Windows Defender Antivirus
    from alerting you or blocking the program. We suggest that you visit this
    link on how to add an exclusion to Windows Defender Antivirus.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Sep 12, 2019
  3. blocked applications

Hi Eileen,

Windows Defender or another antivirus software will sometimes block a certain app or file from running or being installed. With this, you can check the
    quarantine section of the antivirus program you are using to see which program is being blocked. To better assist you, we need the answers to the following questions:

• What is the exact error message did you receive after launching or running the app?
    • Which antivirus program are you using?

In the meantime, we suggest disabling the Windows Defender SmartScreen and see if the app will run. To do this, simply follow the steps below:

• Type Windows Defender on the search box and click on the first option.
    • On the left side of the window, click on the Window icon (App & browser control).
    • On the SmartScreen for Windows
      Store apps column, select Off.

We are looking forward to your response.

Jefferson Ore, Sep 12, 2019
  4. windows defender blocks programs

Blocked Program by Windows Defender

Hi, Windows Defender has blocked my dongle access to the internet. How do I unblock a program from Windows Defender? It won't load as it says it's malware...

Fyrefly045, Sep 12, 2019
Thema:

windows defender blocks programs

1. windows defender blocks programs - Similar Threads - defender blocks programs

2. Windows Defender blocked by a virus

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Defender blocked by a virus: Hi! The past few days I just got a virus really don't know how it was a Trojan and it totally disabled my defender. Also sometimes my windows defender works sometimes not I just restarted my windows and it worked but 3 or 4 hours later it again disables itself. When it worked...
  3. Windows Defender is blocking various programs that seem safe

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender is blocking various programs that seem safe: Hello, I updated to Windows 10 version 1903 and Windows Defender started blocking programs that seem safe. They are either from Microsoft itself or from VAIO Care (I have a Sony laptop). Here is a list of the programs that were blocked. - ioloTools.exe (this is something of...
  4. windows defender blocks programs

windows defender blocks programs: After last update my Open Office programs will not save any changes. My Quicken 17 will not save changes. I disabled windows defender and everything seemed to work. Asus Laptop with SSD drive and 8 mem Is MS aware of this and will it be fixed soon. Do I need to buy a new...
  5. Blocking program

Blocking program: How do I get "Five nights at Freddy's" blocked from my autistic 11 year old boy? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blocking-program/492260f5-b5e3-434e-a474-2b4b36c2dfa6"
  6. windows defender is blocking many standard windows programs.

windows defender is blocking many standard windows programs.: I have been getting regular notices of "Unauthorized Changes Blocked" followed by "Controlled Folder Access Blocked" then part of the file path. I looked at my event viewer and found many entries like this with many different folders noted. Things like Outlook, Explorer for...
  7. Windows Defender blocking PUA?

Windows Defender blocking PUA?: Few questions about blocking PUA in Windows Defender. I enabled the prevention or blocking of PUAs and would like to ask how intrusive the notifications are? Are there a lot of false positives? I only download and install apps which I really need, no Java installed and...
  8. How to block a complete program folder in defender firewall ?

How to block a complete program folder in defender firewall ?: Hello In windows defender firewall can I block a complete folder named ex: (google) or ex: (nero) , instead of individual apps in sub folders in the folder, so I can block entire program instead of just one app at a time ? I don't want to turn apps on or off one at a time,...
  9. Windows Defender blocking Adobe updates and other programs as a Security 10

Windows Defender blocking Adobe updates and other programs as a Security 10: Everytime an update comes up it is blocked, now I cannot use these programs which is very frustrating as I need them for school and work. Does anyone know an easy way to fix this problem. I have called the support line for technical help, but keep getting hung up on. A...
  10. Windows Defender blocks Wampserver

Windows Defender blocks Wampserver: Ever since enabling Windows Defender on Windows 10 (version 1803 build 17134.112), Wampserver won't run. This after I enabled Windows Defender > Virus & threat protection > Ransomware protection > Controlled folder access : On I have excluded the entire folder where...