Windows 10: Windows defender blocks the actions of windows processes

Discus and support Windows defender blocks the actions of windows processes in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi everyone,I have activated controlled folder access and it often sends me a notification that "The administrator has blocked the action". But what is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Borna Draganić, Oct 7, 2022.

1. Windows defender blocks the actions of windows processes

Hi everyone,I have activated controlled folder access and it often sends me a notification that "The administrator has blocked the action". But what is strange to me is that some windows processes such as wuauclt.exe and svchost.exe are blocked. So I was wondering if it was a virus because it's strange to me that Windows blocks Windows processes. But after I googled a bit, I found a lot of complaints that controlled folder access works for every little thing and that it is not any kind of threat or virus. However, I want to check if this is true, so I'm writing here. Thanks in advanceHere are

:)

Borna Draganić, Oct 7, 2022

2. Windows defender's process running despite it being disabled.

Windows Defender is integrated within Windows 10. So you have it and it is running (as it should be) unless you installed a 3rd party "real-time" anti-malware solution. If you are using an alternative security solution, it should have registered itself with Windows Action Center which would then disable the real-time component of Windows Defender - unless you specifically told the 3rd party solution not to register itself.

For example, if you purchased Malwarebytes "Premium", it has a real-time scanner (the free version does not). When you install Malwarebytes Premium, it registers itself in Windows Action Center. But because Malwarebytes and Windows Defender play very well together without hogging resources or causing conflicts, it is often recommended to allow each to run at the same time. So to allow that, the user has to manually go into the Malwarebytes control panel Settings menu and select the option to "Never register Malwarebytes in the Windows Action Center".

I suspect other 3rd party solutions provide similar options so you might check that out if you did indeed, install a 3rd party security solution.

Both Windows Update and Windows Defender are supposed to step way back in to the background so they do not interfere with system performance when you are actively using your computer. But this is not always possible, especially if you regularly shut down your computer when you step away from it (instead of just letting it go to sleep), as too much time may have passed and your system is too far behind in Windows and security updates.

Without you noting which program was actually consuming the lion's share of that 80%, there's no way to tell what, at this point, was causing the problem. However, I would not put it past a browser. Chrome, for example, is very good (or bad, I should say) at eating up a lot of RAM and failing to let it go when exited.

Bill_Bright, Oct 7, 2022
  3. hellrazor Win User
    Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

hellrazor, Oct 7, 2022
  4. Reldel Win User

Windows defender blocks the actions of windows processes

Turn On Windows Defender Block Suspicious Behaviors in Windows 10  

The DWORD is set to 0 and I cannot get the process you suggested in the "NOTE" portion of the tutorial to work. Two attached screen shoots will show the before and after attempts to change the Permissions necessary for access to the DWORD change.
    Windows defender blocks the actions of windows processes [​IMG]

Windows defender blocks the actions of windows processes [​IMG]

Access is denied. (Note-Protected folder in Defender is turned off)

Reldel, Oct 7, 2022
Thema:

Windows defender blocks the actions of windows processes

1. Windows defender blocks the actions of windows processes - Similar Threads - defender blocks actions

2. Your administrator has blocked this action. - App or process blocked: OAWrapper.exe

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Your administrator has blocked this action. - App or process blocked: OAWrapper.exe: Having lots a problems with opening different apps on my computer like SteelSeries GG, had problems with Rockstar Launcher and ended up in a rabbit hole about problems, I couldn't open protection history for a while until I did a fix still can't open it sometimes, think it's...
  3. Your administrator has blocked this action. - App or process blocked: OAWrapper.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your administrator has blocked this action. - App or process blocked: OAWrapper.exe: Having lots a problems with opening different apps on my computer like SteelSeries GG, had problems with Rockstar Launcher and ended up in a rabbit hole about problems, I couldn't open protection history for a while until I did a fix still can't open it sometimes, think it's...
  4. Your administrator has blocked this action. - App or process blocked: OAWrapper.exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Your administrator has blocked this action. - App or process blocked: OAWrapper.exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Windows defender blocks the actions of windows processes

Windows defender blocks the actions of windows processes: Hi everyone,I have activated controlled folder access and it often sends me a notification that "The administrator has blocked the action". But what is strange to me is that some windows processes such as wuauclt.exe and svchost.exe are blocked. So I was wondering if it was a...
  7. Windows defender log Injection into process is blocked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender log Injection into process is blocked: I schedule a scan using Task Scheduler as follows: "%ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe" with parms of: -Scan -ScanType 2 -GetFiles then when I look at the logs in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Support, I see in one of the logs this, repeated many times:...
  8. Windows defender log Injection into process is blocked

Windows defender log Injection into process is blocked: I schedule a scan using Task Scheduler as follows: "%ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe" with parms of: -Scan -ScanType 2 -GetFiles then when I look at the logs in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Support, I see in one of the logs this, repeated many times:...
  9. Windows defender log Injection into process is blocked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. Windows Defender Firewall default block action not intuitive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Firewall default block action not intuitive: Can someone please help me understand why the default action for Windows Defender Firewall is to allow "Public networks, such as those in airports and coffee shops (not recommended) because these networks often have little or no security". Everytime this message comes up I...