Windows 10: Windows Defender bring up system32 folder

Discus and support Windows Defender bring up system32 folder in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I recently uninstalled Avast, already did the Avast Uninstaller help so it cleans it up completely, already did the SFC check, and Windows Defender... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ryougak, May 12, 2019.

1. ryougak Win User

Windows Defender bring up system32 folder

I recently uninstalled Avast, already did the Avast Uninstaller help so it cleans it up completely, already did the SFC check, and Windows Defender still won't work, it just brings me to system32 folder.

I am using Windows 8.1

:)

ryougak, May 12, 2019

2. SLI with different cards

Here is what is did
    step 1:
    Windows Defender bring up system32 folder 1516036961984-png.png

step 2:
    Windows Defender bring up system32 folder 1516036994068-png.png

:/ i dont get this doe ?

okay ive done the same thing as you but i cant put the file back into the folder

• Copy nvlddmkm.sys in C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_5518e59e8d3b48f4\ to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\ and replace the existing one.
    that thing

gamingturkey1, May 12, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    System32 Folder

No that is not normal,

You should see:

System

System32

SystemApps

Capital S on all folders

Can you open the system32 folder set the view to list from the view ribbon and provide a screenshot of the contents of that folder

DaveM121, May 12, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows Defender bring up system32 folder - Similar Threads - Defender bring system32

2. Is this a virus? Has Different system32 folder System32 vs system32.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is this a virus? Has Different system32 folder System32 vs system32.: There is no description on this, so that may mean it is not safe. I disabled it but it says it's running currently. Right clicking then opening the file location takes me to the System32 folder, but I cannot find the lowercase s system32 folder shown under the Command line....
  3. Is this a virus? Has Different system32 folder System32 vs system32.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is this a virus? Has Different system32 folder System32 vs system32.: There is no description on this, so that may mean it is not safe. I disabled it but it says it's running currently. Right clicking then opening the file location takes me to the System32 folder, but I cannot find the lowercase s system32 folder shown under the Command line....
  4. Write permission in System32 folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Write permission in System32 folder: I am not able to write to System32 folder, I right click "System32" folder and choose the security tab then choose my session user name and there it is not possible to allow "full control" or "modify" permission, the "allow" and "denied" columns are dimmed so impossible to...
  5. WIndows XP mode in System32 folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WIndows XP mode in System32 folder: I tried to find the WinXP Mode File in the system32 file in windows 10 2004. I couldn't find it. I need help for finding the WinXP Mode File. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-xp-mode-in-system32-folder/88223151-b140-4e34-b141-725423b34a43
  6. Clicking folders brings up properties panel.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clicking folders brings up properties panel.: After restarting my Laptop, I discovered that clicking folders opens up its properties. To open a folder, I have to right click and select open, then it will own a new window with its contents. Any reason why this is happening. submitted by /u/Dependent-Macaroon [link]...
  7. Microsoft Brings Defender Antivirus for Linux

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Brings Defender Antivirus for Linux: Almost within a year after releasing Microsoft Defender Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) for macOS computers, Microsoft today announced a public preview of its antivirus software for various Linux distributions, including Ubuntu, RHEL, CentOS and Debian. If this news hasn't...
  8. Help! System32 Folder is taking up 370+ GB

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help! System32 Folder is taking up 370+ GB: I just found out that my system and reserved files takes up huge amount of space. There are these multiple of these "waapi" files that seem to take up 30+ gb each. The sywow64 also has the same problem as system32 folder. If you are going to tell me to do a disk clean up it...
  9. Monitor problem bring up windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitor problem bring up windows: I have a monitor (Samsung) that shows the HP splash screen but does bring up window sign-in screen. I tried HDMI & VGA, neither work. I hooked up 2 other monitors (Dell & Spectre) both of them worked. So the monitor is obviously communicating with the monitor but not...
  10. windows 10 system32 folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 system32 folder: A few moments ago, I changed a bunch of .dll files in my Windows 10 system32 folder by inadvertently pointing them to an app that they should not now be pointing to. I suppose that I shall have to restore or re-install the entire system32 folder in Windows 10 before I...