Windows 10: Windows defender broke

Discus and support Windows defender broke in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I recently removed some malware from my computer and I think it damaged my windows defender. The homepage is completely empty as shown in the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by marcokolo, Feb 3, 2020.

1. marcokolo Win User

Windows defender broke

I recently removed some malware from my computer and I think it damaged my windows defender. The homepage is completely empty as shown in the screenshot, and I am unable to scan or anything. I tried resetting the settings to default however there was no change. Is there any way to just reinstall it or get it back to normal?

Windows defender broke f923bd47-80ef-4fc9-80b2-22ce522cda0e?upload=true.png

:)

marcokolo, Feb 3, 2020

2. Windows Defender problem

Hi Ernst,

To troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you check the Windows Defender service if it's running. If you are using a third party spyware/malware program, it may disable the Windows Defender service. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.
    • Type services.msc.
    • Right-click Windows Defender service and click
      Start.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Feb 3, 2020
  3. window defender

• You will want to print these instructions for offline reference -
    IMPORTANT => DON'T SKIP ANY STEP perform all Steps in one uninterrupted session - If a Step says to reboot
    reboot.

Problems starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10

Pləase let us know what fixes the problem or if the pяoblem remains.

• `~`

José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, Feb 3, 2020
  4. Windows defender broke

Windows update and windows defender issues

We suggest you to avoid installing any cleaner or anti-virus software that may interrupt the function of Windows Defender. Make sure that Windows Defender is always on. To do this follow these steps:

• On the Start menu, type Windows Defender and hit enter.
    • Click Settings.
    • Turn Real-time protection on.
    We also recommend you to install the latest update for Windows Defender.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Feb 3, 2020
Thema:

Windows defender broke

1. Windows defender broke - Similar Threads - defender broke

2. Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus install issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus install issues: Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus will not install on their own. I have to manually check for updates for them to install. Until then, my windows computer will not go into hibernation mode....
  3. Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus install issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus install issues: Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus will not install on their own. I have to manually check for updates for them to install. Until then, my windows computer will not go into hibernation mode....
  4. Problem with Microsoft Defender Offline Scan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Microsoft Defender Offline Scan: Hi everyone, sorry for the time if it shows but it's 3 in the morning I currently have a trojan, Wacatac.B!Ml or something similar. Well, after deleting it through Defender both manually by checking the folder and through Defender itself, I now have a doubt as to whether it...
  5. Problem with Microsoft Defender Offline Scan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Microsoft Defender Offline Scan: Hi everyone, sorry for the time if it shows but it's 3 in the morning I currently have a trojan, Wacatac.B!Ml or something similar. Well, after deleting it through Defender both manually by checking the folder and through Defender itself, I now have a doubt as to whether it...
  6. Windows Update 19042.868 Broke Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update 19042.868 Broke Windows Defender: I installed a Windows update on 3/16/2021 Latest optional version, 20H2 - 19042.868 - KB5001567. I have no system restore points and I cannot delete the latest update. I cannot turn on Windows Defender and I'm getting the following error box which I cannot close: ---...
  7. Windows Update 19042.868 Broke Windows Defender

Windows Update 19042.868 Broke Windows Defender: I installed a Windows update on 3/16/2021 Latest optional version, 20H2 - 19042.868 - KB5001567. I have no system restore points and I cannot delete the latest update. I cannot turn on Windows Defender and I'm getting the following error box which I cannot close: ---...
  8. My windows defender notifications broke after update... does anyone have the same issue?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My windows defender notifications broke after update... does anyone have the same issue?: So after I updated to win 10 version 2004... everything worked fine! but then I noticed that after win defender scans notifications wouldn't show up... sfc /scannow wouldn't fix it... notification settings are on! does anyone experience the same issue? submitted by...
  9. Windows defender broke my drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows defender broke my drivers: Ok guys so i put amd drivers to update and in middle of ubdating i got error and my drivers got completed broke. So i booted safe mode used ddu and boot normal try instaling drives and boom error amd drivers file system error -1073740791. Then i try running difrent version of...
  10. Virus broke Windows Defender & Windows Updates

Virus broke Windows Defender & Windows Updates: Hi everyone, Recently I have been struck by a pretty nasty Trojan. It was able to remove all 3rd party anti-viruses which I had installed (Bitdefender & Malwarebytes) and it broke Windows Defender and Windows Updates. After re-installing Malwarebytes it found a...