Windows 10: Windows Defender broken

Discus and support Windows Defender broken in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am having this problem with my windows defender that I believe might be glitched out/bugged out, I have read tons of threads and suggestions from... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jonathanpecany, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Windows Defender broken

I am having this problem with my windows defender that I believe might be glitched out/bugged out, I have read tons of threads and suggestions from them, and none have helped. Firstly, on the home screen, it just shows a white blank screen where the contents should be, also I can't change any settings as well, most of them grayed out and the ones that aren't, it doesn't save. When I also search for virus & threat protection from the start menu, it just pops up with a "page not available: Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available. Contact IT helpdesk for more information.".

And I am on windows 10: Home, version 1803. I am also the administrator on my computer. I have no third party anti-virus installed onto my system as well. I have checked countless times. I do have McAfee WebAdvisor installed onto it but don't know if that could be the cause or not. And to also note, I am having trouble installing windows updates as well, the update is called "Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool X64 - June 2019 (KB890830)" With an error code 0x80070643, and I have troubleshoot the Windows Update as well and says the database has been corrupted and when it fixed it and I try to install again, it somehow gets corrupted again and just goes in a never ending loop, and there is a error code after troubleshooting as well that is 0x80246007, which I think I should include just in case that has something to do with it, I just think it is completely bugged and I looked everywhere for an answer and nothing that could help solve my issue here.

:)

jonathanpecany, Jun 16, 2019

2. Windows Defender broken with last update

Hi Martin,

To resolve this problem yourself, follow these steps:

• Set the Windows Defender service to Automatic instead of
      Disabled
      or Manual. To do this, follow these steps:
    • Click Start, type services in the Start Search box, and then click
      Services in the Programs list.
    • If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.
    • Double-click the Windows Defender service, and then in the Startup type box, click
      Automatic.
    • Click OK.
    Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Jun 16, 2019
  3. Windows Defender problem

Hi Ernst,

To troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you check the Windows Defender service if it's running. If you are using a third party spyware/malware program, it may disable the Windows Defender service. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.
    • Type services.msc.
    • Right-click Windows Defender service and click
      Start.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Jun 16, 2019
  4. Windows Defender broken

window defender

• You will want to print these instructions for offline reference -
    IMPORTANT => DON'T SKIP ANY STEP perform all Steps in one uninterrupted session - If a Step says to reboot
    reboot.

Problems starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10

Pləase let us know what fixes the problem or if the pяoblem remains.

• `~`

José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, Jun 16, 2019
Thema:

Windows Defender broken

1. Windows Defender broken - Similar Threads - Defender broken

2. How do I move windows defender from a broken D drive to a new drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I move windows defender from a broken D drive to a new drive.: How do I move windows defender from a broken D: drive to a new drive?Windows 11 is installed on C: drive but it puts windows defender on a different drive. Is there any way to move it? I want it on the Q: drive instead....
  3. How do I move windows defender from a broken D drive to a new drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I move windows defender from a broken D drive to a new drive.: How do I move windows defender from a broken D: drive to a new drive?Windows 11 is installed on C: drive but it puts windows defender on a different drive. Is there any way to move it? I want it on the Q: drive instead....
  4. Windows defender glitched/broken

Windows defender glitched/broken: Dear Windows Forum Community,I am reaching out to seek assistance with a concerning issue I encountered while using Windows Defender on my computer. Upon opening Windows Defender, I was immediately met with an error message that read "Unexpected error, sorry we ran into a...
  5. Windows defender glitched/broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender glitched/broken: Dear Windows Forum Community,I am reaching out to seek assistance with a concerning issue I encountered while using Windows Defender on my computer. Upon opening Windows Defender, I was immediately met with an error message that read "Unexpected error, sorry we ran into a...
  6. Windows defender is broken

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender is broken: Hello so if i make a quick scan it detects a virus so i click delete it doesn't do anything so i want to delete it my way i go to that folder and i dont see itplease tell me how to fix it...
  7. Windows defender is broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender is broken: Hello so if i make a quick scan it detects a virus so i click delete it doesn't do anything so i want to delete it my way i go to that folder and i dont see itplease tell me how to fix it...
  8. Windows defender is broken

9. Major Microsoft Defender ASR issue confirmed: shortcuts broken, application start up issues

in Windows 10 News
    Major Microsoft Defender ASR issue confirmed: shortcuts broken, application start up issues: Microsoft is investigating a major issue affecting users of its Windows operating system currently. According to the company's short message on Twitter, it is investigating an "issue where users are unable to access application shortcuts on the Start menu and Taskbar in...
  10. Windows Defender Dashboard "broken" after upgrade to Windows 11: "open Microsoft Store"

Windows Defender Dashboard "broken" after upgrade to Windows 11: "open Microsoft Store": Hey everyone. Need a bit of help here.I recently upgraded our business computers from Windows 10 to Windows 11. Everything fine, but the specific username where the update took place is not able to open Windows Security Dashboard anymore, neither from the taskbar tray or from...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows defender is broken

2. windowsdefender links broken