Windows 10: Windows Defender bug, hotfix today...

Discus and support Windows Defender bug, hotfix today... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; If anyone noticed, in the last Windows Defender was a bug which caused you HDD/SDD filled up with crap files. In the meantime a fix has been released... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RingTailCoon, May 6, 2021.

1. Windows Defender bug, hotfix today...

If anyone noticed, in the last Windows Defender was a bug which caused you HDD/SDD filled up with crap files. In the meantime a fix has been released and is being installed silently. If you have any version of Engineversion LOWER than 1.1.18100.6 you have this bug. If you have received this update, you are on Engineversion Engineversie: 1.1.18100.6 (Lower than that, you have not received the update yet, like Engineversie: 1.1.18100.5 ie.)

:)

RingTailCoon, May 6, 2021
  2. venla Win User

Nvidia HotFix for SLI issues GeForce Hotfix driver 355.80

Announcing GeForce Hotfix driver 355.80 (Released 8/25/15)

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3738

Today we released a new Hotfix driver 355.80 that addresses the following issue:

• Excessive virtual memory consumption for SLI configurations running Windows 10

venla, May 6, 2021
  3. Windows Defender Fails Malware Test

Naw... I'll just stick by Windows Server 2003 SP #1 fully hotfix patched (& current on that note), for now @ least, & doing what I do, to get THIS kind of security analysis score:

Windows Defender bug, hotfix today... APKBelarcAdvisor5of10ScoreBETTERThan417Before.jpg

I never suck in virus' either! The 2 the times I thought I did, the past 15 years now? They were my own fault (running 2 antivirus once, & another I don't know WHAT caused it, or I can't recall specifics anymore) in "false positives"!

Ever since I started implementing a BOAT LOAD of things ANYONE can do, if they take 45 min. - 1 hr. running, or doing:

• BELARC advisor
    • Using some security & speed oriented .reg file hacks
    • gpedit.msc (altering various policies for better security)
    • secpol.msc (hardening default security policies)
    • lusrmgr.msc (hardening default userrights)
    • regedit.exe (registry hive ACL rights)
    • explorer.exe (NTFS rights)
    • Turning off java/javascript & ActiveX/ActiveScripting in browsers
    • Using Tcp/IP ports filtrating (easy to do in IP properties)
    • Turning off Services I do NOT use that may have holes
    • AntiVirus (AntiVir, NOD32, AVG, or Norton Corporate 10.2 edition (my favs @ least - I keep 1 resident, & one other as a 2nd opinion))
    • AntiSpyware program (I like AdAware & SpyBot + use both, 2nd opinion stuff again)
    • SEVERAL AntiRootkit programs (GMER, AVG, BitDefender, BlackLight, Rootkit Buster, Rootkit Revealer, AntiRootKit, Rootkit Hook Analyzer, Sophos - all many doctors opinions from what I feel IS the biggest threat out there now, rootkits)
    • + using a hardware NAT firewall in combination w/ a software firewall (ZoneAlarm used to be good, & the native Windows firewall isn't bad, except for noting outgoing packets)
    • Keeping up on Microsoft security patches to the OS & programs from them I use
    • Being SMART about not opening email attachments & also using TEXT or RTF as my email reading format too
    • After trimming services I do NOT use (& even the ones I don't as well, set disabled or not), I secure them ALL, per this thread:
    Securing Windows 2000/XP/Server 2003 services HOW TO

• Using adbanner blocking HOSTS files (adbanners have been found to hold malicious code more than a few times the past 4-5 years now mind you)
    *HARD TO BELIEVE ON THAT NOTE OF ADBANNERS HOUSING MALWARES IN SCRIPT & MORE?

CHECK THIS, DATED TODAY 02/21/2007:

Microsoft apologises for serving malware

APC's May issue is on sale now! | TechRadar

*Smile Windows Defender bug, hotfix today... :)

* YOU DO ALL OF THAT? Yes, You CAN be safe online & use Windows, just takes a bit of work... 1 hr. implementing it all, & maybe another 1/2 hr. testing it (like when you secure services - I did a BIG list, but not every possible service under the sun, because I have not run them ALL!)

MS ships their Operating Systems 'generic' enough to run on anything FULL FUNCTION, right outta the box... this can be its 'problem' too!

APK

P.S.=> Funny thing is though, I don't think we'll EVER be "110% solid secure" unless we go OFFLINE... @ least not for another 5 yrs. or so & then I think we'll be REALLY close @ least!

Microsoft's taking the RIGHT steps, in the RIGHT direction in their apps & OS, & so are other vendors too... this is a GREAT trend!

Heck - funny thing is? Snort turned up a security hole the other day... a program you CAN use to defend yourself... mistakes & oversights get made is all, still now even.

Today? It's the "Wild West" still, not as bad as it used to be in the earlier days/decades, but still 'risky' to an extent... still in the Stone Age guys, you'll miss these days, when they are gone... apk

Alec§taar, May 6, 2021
  4. Windows Defender bug, hotfix today...

Windows Defender Error Code 0x800106ba

I have done all this. When I go to try and find Windows Defender in the second step there is no Windows Defender listed. Windows Essentials is still listed and it wont let me uninstall it because it will also uninstall other apps.

So now what do you suggest. I still cant get my Windows Defender to work right and feel my computer is unprotected.

This has been that way ever since downloading Windows 10. Which seems to have problems after problems. I dont care for it all. Microsoft real needs to get all bugs worked out before releasing something. I waiting as long as I could to download this.

KaySigmund, May 6, 2021
Thema:

Windows Defender bug, hotfix today...

1. Windows Defender bug, hotfix today... - Similar Threads - Defender bug hotfix

2. windows defender bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows defender bug: hi, I have a problem in two ways, I'm currently using Windows 11 Pro and on Windows Defender I have a problem with identity theft protection, it doesn't work for me when I'm off, but it should be on and in safe mode it says explorer.exe system warning unknown hard error,...
  3. windows defender bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows defender bug: hi, I have a problem in two ways, I'm currently using Windows 11 Pro and on Windows Defender I have a problem with identity theft protection, it doesn't work for me when I'm off, but it should be on and in safe mode it says explorer.exe system warning unknown hard error,...
  4. Windows Defender Bugged?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Defender Bugged?: I recently did a fast scan with Defender and it showed a highly dangerous file. I deleted it and restarted the PC but the Defender still showed it when I did another scan. I check the folder and the file is no more and Defender still warns me how that threat is "active". And...
  5. Bug in windows defender?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bug in windows defender?: So, I've noticed that the icon on my taskbar shows that there's some problem but when i went into the windows defender app its shows notin.I've ran multiple scans FULL and QUICK but there's seems to be no problem I've tried restarting aswll but no luck So, if there's anything...
  6. Windows Defender bug, hotfix today...

Windows Defender bug, hotfix today...: If anyone noticed, in the last Windows Defender was a bug which caused you HDD/SDD filled up with crap files. In the meantime a fix has been released and is being installed silently. If you have any version of Engineversion LOWER than 1.1.18100.6 you have this bug. If you...
  7. Windows Defender Bug

Windows Defender Bug: The bug deals with engine version 1.1.18100.5 which could potentially put thousands of files on your hard drive. The corrected engine version seems to be 1.1.18100.6. If desired, the files can be deleted. Here are the details: Windows Defender bug may fill your hard drive...
  8. In today's bug: Groove's ghost update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    In today's bug: Groove's ghost update: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Lolpo555 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hkmkc7/in_todays_bug_grooves_ghost_update/
  9. Windows defender bug

Windows defender bug: Since, when I uninstalled McAfee, there is a bug in the windows defender which cause the problem for him to show nothing, no buttons. It also correlates to the windows update problem because it is not updating. I need immediate help because it could allow viruses. I posted...
  10. Defender updates today?

Defender updates today?: Just curious, has anyone had any defender definition updates today through windows update? I have had none which seems unusual 91533