Windows 10: Windows Defender Bugged?

Discus and support Windows Defender Bugged? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I recently did a fast scan with Defender and it showed a highly dangerous file. I deleted it and restarted the PC but the Defender still showed it when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BlackTadius, Apr 28, 2023.

1. Windows Defender Bugged?

I recently did a fast scan with Defender and it showed a highly dangerous file. I deleted it and restarted the PC but the Defender still showed it when I did another scan. I check the folder and the file is no more and Defender still warns me how that threat is "active". And no matter if I choose to put it in quarantine or make defender delete it nothing happens and there is a red "X" at the Defender icon.

submitted by /u/BlackTadius
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BlackTadius, Apr 28, 2023

2. Windows Defender Error Code 0x800106ba

I have done all this. When I go to try and find Windows Defender in the second step there is no Windows Defender listed. Windows Essentials is still listed and it wont let me uninstall it because it will also uninstall other apps.

So now what do you suggest. I still cant get my Windows Defender to work right and feel my computer is unprotected.

This has been that way ever since downloading Windows 10. Which seems to have problems after problems. I dont care for it all. Microsoft real needs to get all bugs worked out before releasing something. I waiting as long as I could to download this.

KaySigmund, Apr 28, 2023
  3. Bug: Windows 10 freezes when Windows Defender is disabled

Hi Andre,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with disabling Windows Defender, do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Were you able to see any error code/ error notification with this issue?
    • Have you installed any third-party security software on your device?

Step 1: I suggest you to disable the third-party security software on your device if installed any and check if it helps.

Step 2: I suggest you to
    run the Windows Update troubleshooter
    and check.

Windows Update Troubleshooter resolves problems that prevents you from updating windows.

Steps:

• Press Windows key and type
      Troubleshooting
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      View all in the left pane.
    • Select Windows Update to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter
      and follow the on-screen instructions.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 28, 2023
  4. Windows Defender Bugged?

Windows Defender problem

Hi Ernst,

To troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you check the Windows Defender service if it's running. If you are using a third party spyware/malware program, it may disable the Windows Defender service. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.
    • Type services.msc.
    • Right-click Windows Defender service and click
      Start.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Apr 28, 2023
Thema:

Windows Defender Bugged?

1. Windows Defender Bugged? - Similar Threads - Defender Bugged

2. Windows defender bug still not fix, workaround doesn't work. Deleted threats are reported...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender bug still not fix, workaround doesn't work. Deleted threats are reported...: This one doesn't helphttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-shows-an-deleted-threat/b071cd2d-4364-4ca2-961c-dc430a841b14in win 11 there are no permissions to delete anything inside C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\HistoryI tried...
  3. Windows defender bug still not fix, workaround doesn't work. Deleted threats are reported...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows defender bug still not fix, workaround doesn't work. Deleted threats are reported...: This one doesn't helphttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-shows-an-deleted-threat/b071cd2d-4364-4ca2-961c-dc430a841b14in win 11 there are no permissions to delete anything inside C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\HistoryI tried...
  4. windows defender bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows defender bug: hi, I have a problem in two ways, I'm currently using Windows 11 Pro and on Windows Defender I have a problem with identity theft protection, it doesn't work for me when I'm off, but it should be on and in safe mode it says explorer.exe system warning unknown hard error,...
  5. windows defender bug

windows defender bug: hi, I have a problem in two ways, I'm currently using Windows 11 Pro and on Windows Defender I have a problem with identity theft protection, it doesn't work for me when I'm off, but it should be on and in safe mode it says explorer.exe system warning unknown hard error,...
  6. I am encountering a nasty bug with Windows Defender that causes the OS to become unusable...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am encountering a nasty bug with Windows Defender that causes the OS to become unusable...: Obligatory what I am doing that causes the bug is not normal use and most users will never experience this. I am in the cybersecurity field and one of the main attacks against Windows during an assessment is dumping the LSASS process's memory to a file this contains sensitive...
  7. I am encountering a nasty bug with Windows Defender that causes the OS to become unusable...

I am encountering a nasty bug with Windows Defender that causes the OS to become unusable...: Obligatory what I am doing that causes the bug is not normal use and most users will never experience this. I am in the cybersecurity field and one of the main attacks against Windows during an assessment is dumping the LSASS process's memory to a file this contains sensitive...
  8. I am encountering a nasty bug with Windows Defender that causes the OS to become unusable...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Windows 11 home edition Defender bitlocker bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 home edition Defender bitlocker bug: Hello. I have a Brand new lenovo idelcenter 5I Windows 11 22H2 Home Edition that is up to date. I tried to run a Microsoft Defender Antivirus scan offline scan and it asked for a recovery key. This should not be happening....
  10. Windows 11 home edition Defender bitlocker bug

Windows 11 home edition Defender bitlocker bug: Hello. I have a Brand new lenovo idelcenter 5I Windows 11 22H2 Home Edition that is up to date. I tried to run a Microsoft Defender Antivirus scan offline scan and it asked for a recovery key. This should not be happening....