Windows 10: Windows Defender can't be used. Windows Update doesn't update. Windows Store doesn't work.

Discus and support Windows Defender can't be used. Windows Update doesn't update. Windows Store doesn't work. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Practically my Windows malfunctions in every aspect. Let's start. Windows Defender: Originally I was using Kaspersky Internet Security. After my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ilke Adalıoğlu, Sep 21, 2019.

1. Windows Defender can't be used. Windows Update doesn't update. Windows Store doesn't work.

Practically my Windows malfunctions in every aspect. Let's start.

Windows Defender:

Originally I was using Kaspersky Internet Security. After my license ended, I decided it was unnecessary to use an anti-malware tool and stick with Windows Defender.

- I used Kaspersky's kavremover tool to properly uninstall Kaspersky.
    - I checked from the key registry that DisableAntiSpyware register was set to 0. However,

Windows Defender is disabled and cannot be activated. It removes itself from the taskbar when I try to right click it or open it in any way.

Windows Defender Security Center home page is empty except that it says "Security at a glance". Here is a screenshot (in Turkish).

Windows Defender can't be used. Windows Update doesn't update. Windows Store doesn't work. 00854fca-f4f0-4142-a660-e17f7a64d3bb?upload=true.png

I cannot scan my computer, it says "Unusable".

Under Firewall & Network Protection it says "Windows Firewall settings make your device unsafe". Under that it says "Use recommended settings" but clicking that does nothing.

Under Device Performance & Health everything is unusable.

I cannot restart the security center from "services.msc" because that option is greyed out.

I cannot check "Local Group Policy Editor" because Windows cannot find "Gpedit.msc".

Windows Update:

Windows Update says "your device is missing important security and quality fixes". When I try to download them, it gives me an error with this code: (0x80070424).

I tried deleting everything under "C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download", running the command "wuauclt.exe /updatenow" and updating, but it didn't work.

I searched google for the error code, but the answers there didn't help me as well.

This update issue is present for only a couple days whereas the Windows Defender issue was here for over a couple months.

Windows Store:

Nothing downloads. When I try to go to my Cart it says "Page cannot be loaded". When I say refresh page, the store app freezes and closes itself.

I have tried "sfc /scannow", it couldn't find anything wrong with my PC.

I also tried "DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth" and "/ScanHealth", that didn't work as well.

:)

Ilke Adalıoğlu, Sep 21, 2019
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Windows Defender can't be used. Windows Update doesn't update. Windows Store doesn't work. [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Sep 21, 2019
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks for your answer, ken!
    I deleted all my data. I had have it backed up.

I did a clean installation using the windows media creation tool (usb option).

No, I didn`t. I thought a clean installation would solve the problem.

After posting my previous message, I did it.

Windows Defender can't be used. Windows Update doesn't update. Windows Store doesn't work. [​IMG]

After chkdsk, I close cmd and tried to boot and the laptop just turned it off. This morning I`ve restarted it and automatically windows did a repair. Windows has booted and it seems that the repair tool has removed chrome and acrobat pdf reader (the only two programs I had installed after reinstalling windows).

Now Windows is installing updates and restarting my lapop, I`m kind of frightened. I don`t want it to happen again. Anyhow, I want to know what has brought the issue

I`ve been looking for information about the error code at the end of the picture and I didn`t get anywhere.

BetoLP, Sep 21, 2019
  4. Windows Defender can't be used. Windows Update doesn't update. Windows Store doesn't work.

Scanner doesn´t work anymore after last Windows 10 update

As many people on the internet already are discussing, their scanner doesn´t work anymore after the last Windows update. But there seem to be no solution.

My Scanner starts making noises, as usual, and then i get error messages: "Communication with the scanner is not possible"
    or this

Is there a workaround for that?

tronrontron, Sep 21, 2019
Thema:

Windows Defender can't be used. Windows Update doesn't update. Windows Store doesn't work.

1. Windows Defender can't be used. Windows Update doesn't update. Windows Store doesn't work. - Similar Threads - Defender can't used

2. Windows Defender doesn't work

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender doesn't work: I didn't install any antivirus on my computer but Windows Defender says You are using other antivirus providers and it turned off Real-Time protection https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-doesnt-work/50e65f73-d1c3-498f-83b4-a1203797f336
  3. Windows Defender doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender doesn't work: I didn't install any antivirus on my computer but Windows Defender says You are using other antivirus providers and it turned off Real-Time protection https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-doesnt-work/50e65f73-d1c3-498f-83b4-a1203797f336
  4. windows defender doesn't work

windows defender doesn't work: [ATTACH] I can't use it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-doesnt-work/9c326b8f-0c72-490c-8a7d-db7ffc533555
  5. Windows Defender doesn't work...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Defender doesn't work...: Hey I've had this weird problem that Windows Defender doesn't properly load, I wanted to turn off Real-time protection so I can download a few files. However, this is what it showed. [ATTACH] I'm honestly confused what just happened, I can't even manage my Windows Security...
  6. windows defender doesn't works

windows defender doesn't works: In the internet i found that i can upgrade my drivers on Lenovo laptop, so i download somthing from lenovo site and i thought this app should upgrade my drivers. and i upgraded my bios_versioni don't remember well but it was about the bios than after i start windows i notice...
  7. Windows Update doesn't work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update doesn't work: Hi, I'm using Windows 10 Home 64-bit OS x64-based processor Version 20H2 on a HP 15-f387 Notebook PC Processor: AMD A8-7410 APU with AMD Radeon R5 Graphics 2.20 GHz Installed RAM: 8.00 GB 6.94 GB usable Edition Windows 10 Home Version 20H2 Installed on ‎6/‎25/‎2020 OS...
  8. Windows Update doesn't work.

Windows Update doesn't work.: So I tried installing the KB4586853 update. After it got to 100% it just disappeared and it said that I was up to date, but I got suspicious because normally it would tell me to restart. After I closed the client and then got back into it again it said "We couldn't install...
  9. windows updates doesn't work

windows updates doesn't work: hi , I haven't been able to update my surface book 2 for more than a year now.. windows updates doesn't work, always undoing changes made to my computer. please help me fix it....
  10. windows update doesn't work

windows update doesn't work: hi guys thanks for help,My problem it's windows update doesn't work after enable from service and there Sentencee: Your device is missing important security and quality fixes. that is screenshot:https://ibb.co/ZcPsQRL i try restart my computer but there are sentencee:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. defender offline scanner wont work