Windows 10: Windows Defender can't delete a Potentially Unwanted App

Discus and support Windows Defender can't delete a Potentially Unwanted App in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have Deleted the files. from download folder and the temp folder but still the status is showing active. and in actions there is no option to delete... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Arpit Singh Gautam, Aug 4, 2022.

1. Windows Defender can't delete a Potentially Unwanted App

I have Deleted the files. from download folder and the temp folder but still the status is showing active. and in actions there is no option to delete it.

:)

Arpit Singh Gautam, Aug 4, 2022
  2. Brink Win User

Potentially unwanted apps will now be blocked by default in Windows

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...b-a17e0ab6289e

Enable or Disable Microsoft Defender PUA Protection in Windows 10

Turn On or Off Potentially Unwanted App Protection in Microsoft Edge

Brink, Aug 4, 2022
  3. Quexos Win User

Potentially unwanted apps = System Restore, Defender, Edge, Skype, Candy Crush, Cortana, Windows Maps, News, etc. etc. etc.

Something tells me none of these will not be "blocked".

Quexos, Aug 4, 2022
  4. Windows Defender can't delete a Potentially Unwanted App

Would that it were that simple. Here's what I see in App & browser control

Windows Defender can't delete a Potentially Unwanted App [​IMG]

And when I click Review

Windows Defender can't delete a Potentially Unwanted App [​IMG]

As you can see, it doesn't show the name of the app it wants to block.

Sidecar Bob, Aug 4, 2022
Thema:

Windows Defender can't delete a Potentially Unwanted App

1. Windows Defender can't delete a Potentially Unwanted App - Similar Threads - Defender can't delete

2. potentially unwanted app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    potentially unwanted app: so my computer has been running fine and no issues, and later today i tried to log in and it let me but whenever i restart it just shows a gray screen and i can't do anything....it takes forever to go away, it says this is the issue but i dont know how to fix it. and it said...
  3. potentially unwanted app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    potentially unwanted app: so my computer has been running fine and no issues, and later today i tried to log in and it let me but whenever i restart it just shows a gray screen and i can't do anything....it takes forever to go away, it says this is the issue but i dont know how to fix it. and it said...
  4. potential unwanted apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    potential unwanted apps: i did a scan on my hp computer, found a potential unwanted app. now in the taskbar over the windows security shield their is a yellow triangle and i click on shield and it says windows security action recommend}. i click on shield and it takes me to protection history and...
  5. potential unwanted apps

potential unwanted apps: i did a scan on my hp computer, found a potential unwanted app. now in the taskbar over the windows security shield their is a yellow triangle and i click on shield and it says windows security action recommend}. i click on shield and it takes me to protection history and...
  6. Potentially Unwanted Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Potentially Unwanted Apps: On my Windows Security, I have been getting alerts about potentially unwanted apps. When I go to it, it shows two; Program:Win32/Uwamson.A!ml and PUA:Win32/Puamson.A!ml. I don't know what these are, and it does not give me an option to remove them. I looked on YouTube, but...
  7. Potentially Unwanted Apps

Potentially Unwanted Apps: On my Windows Security, I have been getting alerts about potentially unwanted apps. When I go to it, it shows two; Program:Win32/Uwamson.A!ml and PUA:Win32/Puamson.A!ml. I don't know what these are, and it does not give me an option to remove them. I looked on YouTube, but...
  8. Potentially unwanted App

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Potentially unwanted App: PUA:Win32/LittleRegClean Whenever I click remove nothing is happening. How do I get rid of this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/potentially-unwanted-app/ab605f5a-4794-49ff-88af-6c5ac10cd3ea
  9. Windows Defender flags CCleaner as Potentially Unwanted App

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Defender flags CCleaner as Potentially Unwanted App: CCleaner, one of the enormously popular free PC optimization suites for Windows, is now being detected as Potentially Unwanted Application (PUA) on Windows 10 after a recent update to Windows Defender platform. CCleaner basically allows you to optimize your system using its...
  10. Potentially unwanted app

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Potentially unwanted app: Recent scans are showing PUA:Win32/MyWebSearch loaded on to my PC on 15 June in file: \Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy4\Users\User\Desktop\C\Users\Andy\AppData\LocalLow\HeadlineAlley_29\bar\Cache\1CBDAD6E.cab. I've run the Remove action in protection history several times,...