Windows 10: windows defender cant delete the detected threats

Discus and support windows defender cant delete the detected threats in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; cant delete the threats, what is the way futher i have to from here. do my pc prone to virus of malware please help me[IMG]... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SriHarshaMamillapalli, Jul 28, 2020.

1. windows defender cant delete the detected threats

cant delete the threats, what is the way futher i have to from here. do my pc prone to virus of malware

please help mewindows defender cant delete the detected threats [​IMG]

:)

SriHarshaMamillapalli, Jul 28, 2020

2. Windows Defender not picking up threats

Thank you for your quick reply. So you're saying I can rest easy and keep faith with Windows Defender. One of the issues malwarebytes detected was a trojan, which I presume is quite a serious threat to my PC. That can't be a false positive as you suggest.
    Why wouldn't defender detect that ? I cant remember the last time I found any issues on my PC detected by defender, either it's so good it stops them or it's not detecting threats? If I detect any more issues with the trial version I will submit it via the
    link provided. Many thanks.

shaunhatton, Jul 28, 2020
  3. Susan68NM Win User
    Windows Defender Virus and Threat Detection

Windows Defender Virus and Threat Detection turns off and won't restart

Susan68NM, Jul 28, 2020
  4. Try3 Win User

windows defender cant delete the detected threats

Windows defender false positive - forced to allow threat

Windows defender has started to identify C:\Windows\System32\mshta.exe as a threat [normally reported as a Trojan Powessere.G]. I use mshta.exe to run an hta custom MsgBox - I have been hoping to keep using my current CustomMsgBox tool [batch file calling a vbs-hta file] until later this year when I hope to have had enough time to replace it with a PowerShell alternative.

Windows defender's notification lets me "allow the threat" but that seems to me to be a bigger security hole than is necessary - it will now ignore a potentially real intrusion when all I want to run is a genuine Windows component. My immediate problem is fixed but I would prefer to fix the false positive using the exclusions list.

I cleared the 'Allowed threats history' so I could use the exclusions list instead. I added C:\Windows\System32\mshta.exe to the file exclusions list and I checked that it had taken properly by checking the exclusions list both in the UI & in the Registry. But the exclusion made no difference, it continued to detect and block the exe.

I have repeated the attempt several times [by clearing the allowed threats list & exclusions list beforehand] and the results are the same every time
    - allowing the threat works,
    - using the exclusions list has no effect.

I studied the relevant tutorial but have not spotted an error in what I have been doing - Add or Remove Windows Defender Exclusions

Does anybody with experience of using the exclusions list to counter false positives have any suggestions for me?

Denis

Thema:

windows defender cant delete the detected threats

1. windows defender cant delete the detected threats - Similar Threads - defender cant delete

2. Issue with Windows Defender persistently detecting deleted file as a threat

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with Windows Defender persistently detecting deleted file as a threat: Hello Windows community,I'm encountering an issue with Windows Defender on my Windows 11 system and would appreciate some assistance in resolving it.Problem Description:A few days ago, I installed a game cheat on my Windows 11 system. Initially, Windows Defender flagged it as...
  3. Issue with Windows Defender persistently detecting deleted file as a threat

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with Windows Defender persistently detecting deleted file as a threat: Hello Windows community,I'm encountering an issue with Windows Defender on my Windows 11 system and would appreciate some assistance in resolving it.Problem Description:A few days ago, I installed a game cheat on my Windows 11 system. Initially, Windows Defender flagged it as...
  4. Windows Defender shows deleted Threat

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender shows deleted Threat: Windows Defender keeps Showing an Threat that is Deleted already.How Can i Handle this?.regards https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-shows-deleted-threat/c7bb0f46-9b19-4be4-b79b-af80d0a732f5
  5. Windows Defender shows deleted Threat

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender shows deleted Threat: Windows Defender keeps Showing an Threat that is Deleted already.How Can i Handle this?.regards https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-shows-deleted-threat/c7bb0f46-9b19-4be4-b79b-af80d0a732f5
  6. Windows defender shows an deleted threat

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender shows an deleted threat: So i have dowloaded a file and scanned it with virustotal afterwards and deleted the file. However windows defender still thinks the file is there while its not. I have tried to go to protection history and remove it however it simply does nothing as i click it the process...
  7. Windows Defender Anti Virus Not Deleting Detected Threats

Windows Defender Anti Virus Not Deleting Detected Threats: Hello I have This Proble last 2 days ago I Got Infected With Win32.Ramnit.C,A,J,N all Type of This C*AP When I Scanned With Quick SCan Mode It Does'not Detected Files only Detected Two or Three File But When I Launched Full SCan Mode It Detected Every Htm,Html,some games...
  8. Current Threat detected by Windows Defender

Current Threat detected by Windows Defender: After running security scan in windows 10, I get current threat - PUA:Win32/InstallCore.M!sms. It is classified as LOW threat. I have run the REMOVE action but remains forever. PLEASE, CAN SOMEONE DIRECT ME AS TO HOW TO GET RID OF THIS COMPLETELY ?...
  9. Windows Defender detecting uTorrent as a threat

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Defender detecting uTorrent as a threat: It would do it a few times a day so I decided to just get rid of uTorrent but it’s still happening submitted by /u/aeraux [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hdjk6f/windows_defender_detecting_utorrent_as_a_threat/
  10. Windows Defender Virus and Threat Detection

Windows Defender Virus and Threat Detection: Windows Defender Virus and Threat Detection turns off and won't restart https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/windows-defender-virus-and-threat-detection/a5ac7da0-b8d0-4fed-9ac4-0ecc992a2059"