Windows 10: Windows Defender can't remove trojan

Discus and support Windows Defender can't remove trojan in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Apparently I have trojan on my computer. I ran a WindowsDefender scan and it found 2 trojans. The name of both of them is: Trojan:Win64/Longage and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Keyscratch, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Windows Defender can't remove trojan

Apparently I have trojan on my computer. I ran a WindowsDefender scan and it found 2 trojans. The name of both of them is:

Trojan:Win64/Longage

and it is contained in Linux Distro ISO file (debian-10.1.0-amd64-DVD-1.iso". it is located in my "Downloads" folder.

I tried deleting the container file and it won't let me, when I tried to simply remove the file in Windows Defender, it just keeps loading.

I got another alert saying "Protected Memory access blocked"

App or Process blocked: XtuService.exe

Protected folder: \Device\Harddisk0\DR0

Blocked by: Controlled folder access

EDIT: checked the location of XtuServoce.exe and it appears to be in the right folder.

What is going on and what should I do?

:)

Keyscratch, Dec 9, 2019

2. Remove a Trojan using Windows Defender.

Yesterday I've downloaded a game but I got a Trojan, sometimes like every 3 hours Windows defender send a notification of it, an "enemy" so It removes the Trojan but the virus comes again, thanks for help

Modified title from: trojan

PietroVietri, Dec 9, 2019
  3. Le Boule Win User
    After Full Scan with windows defender i got problem to remove Trojan:win32/Dynamer!ac

Trojan:Win32/Dynamer!ac threat description - Microsoft Security Intelligence

If Windows Defender will not alleviate this problem, recommend you follow the suggestions in this free multi-step removal guide from Malwaretips.com. The removal tools/procedures are free. Remove Trojan:Win32/Dynamer!ac malware (Virus Removal Guide)

But…

If none of the other tools listed in the Malwaretips guide identify any malware, you are using an HP laptop and the alleged malware detection by Windows Defender is listed as
    being in the “D” Drive on the laptop then you may be seeing a “false positive” detection. Should you determine you are probably seeing a "false detection"
    suggest you post back in this thread with further information.

Good luck…

Le Boule, Dec 9, 2019
  4. Windows Defender can't remove trojan

Recurrent trojan, HTML/Phish quarantined by Windows Defender, and don't have active option/button to remove as suggested.

Hi Adrianne,

Thank you so much for your reply.

Your info re: "a version update does not provide a clean install" is helpful to know.

I have run the Windows Defender Offline, but never tied running it to the means of removing quarantined files.

In regards to Windows Defender providing file details after a scan, with the suggestion to remove the file, but with no obvious way to do so, like a "remove threat" button, I'm still a little befuddled. Is running the
    Windows Defender Offline scan, after I get that suggestion to remove the quarantined file, the one and only way that file is going to be removed? If so, that needs to be made more obvious to the end user, because in my current version, we're given a suggestion
    to remove the offending file, but with NO obvious way to do so...not even the instruction that running Windows Defender Offline is the next step to take to remove it.

I'm also curious why this Trojan keeps appearing in C:\Users\3orch\AppData\Local\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\Files\.

Is there a Windows app that is making itself a vector online for this trojan?

Again, thank you for your kind reply. I look forward to additional enlightenment.

Kind Regards,

mtnbeebalm, Dec 9, 2019
Thema:

Windows Defender can't remove trojan

1. Windows Defender can't remove trojan - Similar Threads - Defender can't remove

2. Windows defender not quarantining or removing trojan,

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender not quarantining or removing trojan,: Windows defender not quarantining or removing trojan it keeps saying to start action but after trying to quarantine or remove it still remains, I have scanned with Malwarebytes and trend house call neither of which found any trace of the trojan........
  3. Windows defender not quarantining or removing trojan,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender not quarantining or removing trojan,: Windows defender not quarantining or removing trojan it keeps saying to start action but after trying to quarantine or remove it still remains, I have scanned with Malwarebytes and trend house call neither of which found any trace of the trojan........
  4. Windows defender not quarantining or removing trojan,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't remove AgentTesla Trojan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't remove AgentTesla Trojan: Hello,This started like 3 days ago, Idk if I installed an application or how I got this trojan virus but it appeared in windows virus scan but windows virus protection system couldn't get rid of it because it uses powershell or something. Clicking on Block threat does...
  6. Windows defender can't remove trojan

Windows defender can't remove trojan: So the story is that I found a trojan called Trojan:Win32/Occamy.C8E after doing a windows defender full scan. When I check the protection history, it say remediation incomplete and the affected items is containerfile:...
  7. Does Windows Defender Removes Trojans?

Does Windows Defender Removes Trojans?: does window security remove trojans [Original Title: viruses] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/does-windows-defender-removes-trojans/8ffbd65e-03b3-4481-b63c-db4d9461139e
  8. Windows defender removed a Trojan virus, is there a possibility that the Trojan virus still...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows defender removed a Trojan virus, is there a possibility that the Trojan virus still...: I recently got a Trojan virus from a website I clicked accidentally. Then a windows defender notification popped up, so I removed the Trojan virus that was in form of a cache. Will there a possibility of the Trojan virus still being there? I scanned windows defender multiple...
  9. Windows defender offline not finishing. Is the Trojan removed?

Windows defender offline not finishing. Is the Trojan removed?: So over the weekend, I scanned my computer and it came back saying there was a Trojan:Win32/Vigorf.A on my computer honestly that in and of itself is odd, as I hadn’t downloaded anything suspicious since the last scan. Two PDFs and I knew the sources of both. I’ve also...
  10. Trojan removed by Defender

Trojan removed by Defender: With the last couple of builds it seems that Defender is always finding stuff to remove every time I start Windows 10. This morning I removed Trojan Win32/GHEUGENT.Alplock after Defender quarantined it and marked it severe. Right now I am running a full scan on the laptop....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Trojan but windows defender cant remove it