Windows 10: Windows defender: can't restore files that have been moved

Discus and support Windows defender: can't restore files that have been moved in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I moved a few files between my hard drives and windows defender removed them so i went to restore them but clicking restore didnt do anything... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by zethus, Apr 3, 2020.

1. zethus Win User

Windows defender: can't restore files that have been moved

I moved a few files between my hard drives and windows defender removed them so i went to restore them but clicking restore didnt do anything

:)

zethus, Apr 3, 2020

2. All files on Downloads folder gone after updating windows defender

Hi,

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. We will help you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to recover the deleted files in Windows Defender and check if it helps.

• In the search box type as ‘Windows Defender’ and click on it.
    • Under the tab ‘History’ select the option ‘Quarantined items’.
    • Click on ‘View Details’ and check if any files are available.
    • If the files are present then click on the file and click on ‘Restore’.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Apr 4, 2020
  3. How can I get my files restored from Windows Defender quarantine?

No, you defend them. Windows defender: can't restore files that have been moved :p They're not for Windows 10 and don't address my question.

As I said, I've already clicked Restore and it doesn't restore them. I have also already added them to the Allowed list.

wearenotamused, Apr 4, 2020
  4. hellrazor Win User

Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

hellrazor, Apr 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows defender: can't restore files that have been moved - Similar Threads - defender can't restore

2. "can't open this item it might have been moved renamed or deleted"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "can't open this item it might have been moved renamed or deleted": I suddenly got this and half of the apps aren't working also logged me out of all of my accounts. I already did the basic troubleshooting and restarting but it didn't really fix all of them my wallpaper got removed or just turned black and whenever I try to change it in the...
  3. "can't open this item it might have been moved renamed or deleted"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "can't open this item it might have been moved renamed or deleted": I suddenly got this and half of the apps aren't working also logged me out of all of my accounts. I already did the basic troubleshooting and restarting but it didn't really fix all of them my wallpaper got removed or just turned black and whenever I try to change it in the...
  4. Windows Defender - Restoring file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender - Restoring file: Hello, I am on Windows 11. Microsoft Defender is my AV.I also use Malwarebytes / Windows malware removal tool MRT.Recently, Defender flagged a file as containing trojan and quarantined it.Defender is not allowing me to open the "infected" subfolder inside.What exactly happens...
  5. Can't restore files deleted by Windows Defender

Can't restore files deleted by Windows Defender: I have a file that I know runs safe but Windows Defender had been deleting for the past 6 months. I could always just restore it and it created no fuss. Since the update KB4598481, I cannot access the protection history of my Windows Defender so I cannot restore that deleted...
  6. Windows Defender - "Some of your files have been affected by ransomware" - but which files?

Windows Defender - "Some of your files have been affected by ransomware" - but which files?: Hi, I'm running Windows 10 and have 2 OneDrive accounts one business and one personal running on my machine. Upon waking my machine from hibernation I noticed that both OneDrive icons in the task window have red warning signs. I click each of them and the usual OneDrive...
  7. File have been Scanned in Windows Defender

File have been Scanned in Windows Defender: I know we don't have access to what a quick scan does on a consistent basis, but is there a way of retroactively seeing what was included in said scan? Log files, .cab, etc.? And were would those be located/ what is the preferred way of reading those? Thank you! [Original...
  8. Windows defender quarantined a PHP file I have been working on and restore doesn't seem to work

Windows defender quarantined a PHP file I have been working on and restore doesn't seem to work: I was mapped into one of my servers and Window Security claimed that a text file I've been working projects.php on was a virus and quarantined it. This took me by surprise since I'm not in the habit of writing viruses and I don't think I could if I wanted to. Anyway, I saw...
  9. Restoring deleted files if they have not been backed up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Restoring deleted files if they have not been backed up: Hello. I recently misplaced unsure if it was deleted or not an executable file and I am trying to recover it. My recycle bin has already been emptied and I did not have my computer back up on, I cannot restore previous versions of my recycle bin or the folder in which the...
  10. Edge - "This File Might Have Been Moved Or Deleted"

in Browsers and Email
    Edge - "This File Might Have Been Moved Or Deleted": Hi Everyone, Not sure if anybody else is experiencing the same thing or not, but if I download an .exe type of file & try running it (after it downloads), I get the message "This file might have been moved or deleted". For example, if I download Firefox, it will give me...