Windows 10: Windows Defender causing issues

Discus and support Windows Defender causing issues in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello! Recently im getting more and more annoyed by the Windows Defender as it takes up 100% CPU by now and i cant open the Service Center because... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Edo_Medo, Mar 9, 2019.

1. Edo_Medo Win User

Windows Defender causing issues

Hello!

Recently im getting more and more annoyed by the Windows Defender as it takes up 100% CPU by now and i cant open the Service Center because nothing happens when i click it. I cant restart the Service Center Service either because its greyed out for me and i cant change or add Values in the Registry.

My question is how can i disable or reset the Windows Defender? Im so annoyed that it takes 100% of my CPU for basically nothing and i cant do anything about it.

Hope someone can help me out.

:)

Edo_Medo, Mar 9, 2019
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

win 10 defender issues

Hi,

Windows Defender helps in making your computer secure from any viruses or malware. Listed below are some reasons why the program will not work properly:

• Software conflicts (usually cause with other anti-virus application)
    • Virus and malware infection
    • Corrupted system files

To help you with the issue, we suggest following the steps provided by
    PrashantKumar96
    on this thread
    that can help in running your Windows Defender successfully.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Mar 9, 2019
  3. Windows update and windows defender issues

We suggest you to avoid installing any cleaner or anti-virus software that may interrupt the function of Windows Defender. Make sure that Windows Defender is always on. To do this follow these steps:

• On the Start menu, type Windows Defender and hit enter.
    • Click Settings.
    • Turn Real-time protection on.
    We also recommend you to install the latest update for Windows Defender.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Mar 9, 2019
  4. Windows Defender causing issues

Cannot update Windows Defender after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Arun,

Thank you for choosing Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused. Let me assist you with the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + letter 'R.'
    • Type "Services.msc" and hit OK.
    • Stop and restart the Windows Defender Service.
    • Check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps. Please reply for further queries.

Arvind Ram, Mar 9, 2019
Thema:

Windows Defender causing issues

1. Windows Defender causing issues - Similar Threads - Defender causing issues

2. Windows defender causing BSODS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows defender causing BSODS: Hi,I've been having daily BSODS for about 6 months now that happen 2-3 hours after using the PC. I've checked hardware and completely reinstalled all of it, checked ram with memtest for 8 clears each stick, ran sfc scans, chkdsk, all turn up with no problems. I've reinstalled...
  3. Windows defender causing BSODS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender causing BSODS: Hi,I've been having daily BSODS for about 6 months now that happen 2-3 hours after using the PC. I've checked hardware and completely reinstalled all of it, checked ram with memtest for 8 clears each stick, ran sfc scans, chkdsk, all turn up with no problems. I've reinstalled...
  4. Windows defender causing BSODS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. windows defender issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows defender issue: today i turned on my laptop and opened windows defender application which is already installed ,i opened it then it gets closed immediately even i didn,t did anything when i go to startup tab in task manager i found there is program written instead of windows defender...
  6. Windows causing Issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows causing Issues: Recently I have did a clean installation and I updated to the new windows update 20H2 and every time I download a new thing and open it, it always asks me if I'm sure if I want to open this files and there is a button that says never ask again or something like that which I...
  7. Windows Defender issues

Windows Defender issues: I'm using a program called Auto-Py-to-Exe which creates an exe out of python files. Windows Defender detects one of these files as a file used in a Trojan program called something like K1!3. How can I make it so Defender doesn't constantly nag at me about it?...
  8. windows defender issues

windows defender issues: windows defender in my PC is not working. It's displaying this message. what do I do...? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-issues/5ed23fa7-3878-4ca8-bc6e-078642a9dfd4"
  9. GDATA disabling Windows Defender causes Teredo issues

GDATA disabling Windows Defender causes Teredo issues: Hey, I finally tracked down my Teredo issues. Teredo needs certain permissions by Windows Defender. Now, I have Windows Defender (no other antivirus) on my Win10 Laptop and as soon as I disable it I get Server Connectivity issues in my Xbox app (logical). But on my main...
  10. GDATA disabling Windows Defender causes Teredo issues

GDATA disabling Windows Defender causes Teredo issues: Hey, I finally tracked down my Teredo issues. Teredo needs certain permissions by Windows Defender. Now, I have Windows Defender (no other antivirus) on my Win10 Laptop and as soon as I disable it I get Server Connectivity issues in my Xbox app (logical). But on my main...