Windows 10: Windows Defender Command line tool MpCmdRun.exe occasionally gives the exit code = 2 when...

Discus and support Windows Defender Command line tool MpCmdRun.exe occasionally gives the exit code = 2 when... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,I have a windows service that operates under System account. The service uses MpCmdRun.exe to scan files.When I scan multiple files simultaneously... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Volodymyr_11111, Jan 25, 2023.

1. Windows Defender Command line tool MpCmdRun.exe occasionally gives the exit code = 2 when...

Hi,I have a windows service that operates under System account. The service uses MpCmdRun.exe to scan files.When I scan multiple files simultaneously multiple threads, 70% of the attempts fail with exit code 2.Here is the command which I use:C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe -Scan -ScanType 3 -File "C:\Temp\GitExtensions.msi" -DisableRemediation And WindowsDefender logs -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------MpCmdRun: Command Line: "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe" -Scan -ScanType 3 -File "C:\Temp\GitExtensions.msi" -D

:)

Volodymyr_11111, Jan 25, 2023
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile Windows Defender Command line tool MpCmdRun.exe occasionally gives the exit code = 2 when... :)

3. ryanly Win User
    GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Current /? (-?) or / help (-help) parameter is invalid

ryanly, Jan 25, 2023
  4. W1zzard Win User

Windows Defender Command line tool MpCmdRun.exe occasionally gives the exit code = 2 when...

command line based video de/encoder tools

to add video encoding/decoding benchmarks to tpubench and to our reviews i am looking for command line based tools.

any suggestions? i'm a complete noob with this video stuff.

W1zzard, Jan 25, 2023
Thema:

Windows Defender Command line tool MpCmdRun.exe occasionally gives the exit code = 2 when...

1. Windows Defender Command line tool MpCmdRun.exe occasionally gives the exit code = 2 when... - Similar Threads - Defender Command line

2. Windows Defender Command line tool MpCmdRun.exe occasionally gives the exit code = 2 when...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender Command line tool MpCmdRun.exe occasionally gives the exit code = 2 when...: Hi,I have a windows service that operates under System account. The service uses MpCmdRun.exe to scan files.When I scan multiple files simultaneously multiple threads, 70% of the attempts fail with exit code 2.Here is the command which I use:C:\Program Files\Windows...
  3. Windows Defender Command line tool MpCmdRun.exe occasionally gives the exit code = 2 when...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Defender Command line tool MpCmdRun.exe occasionally gives the exit code = 2 when...: Hi,I have a windows service that operates under System account. The service uses MpCmdRun.exe to scan files.When I scan multiple files simultaneously multiple threads, 70% of the attempts fail with exit code 2.Here is the command which I use:C:\Program Files\Windows...
  4. "Verify" command line tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Verify" command line tool: Greetings,Does the verify tool only verify files that I copy, or system files as well?There isn't a subforum for the command line. I chose the "Files, folders, and storage" topic, but if there is a more suitable topic let me know.Thanks,Shane....
  5. "Verify" command line tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Verify" command line tool: Greetings,Does the verify tool only verify files that I copy, or system files as well?There isn't a subforum for the command line. I chose the "Files, folders, and storage" topic, but if there is a more suitable topic let me know.Thanks,Shane....
  6. "Verify" command line tool

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Command Prompt exited with code 1

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Command Prompt exited with code 1: [ATTACH] Hi, I'm having this error problem and couldn't run any file and Jupyter notebook is not working also. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/command-prompt-exited-with-code-1/8f05ee60-869b-4234-8de6-9b42b3ebd364
  8. Scanning for viruses with Windows Defender by command line

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Scanning for viruses with Windows Defender by command line: Hi! I know that Windows Defender allows to scan for viruses by command line. I'm using it not for simple problem - after scan (?) it closes console and I see result not. I'm using this command: "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe" -Scan -ScanType 3 -File...
  9. How to get more from Windows Defender by using its command-line tool

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to get more from Windows Defender by using its command-line tool: Windows Defender's command-line utility lets you automate basic tasks and handle certain advanced operations. Here's a look at how to use the tool and examples of ways it can come in handy. How to get more from Windows Defender by using its command-line tool - TechRepublic...
  10. Tar and Curl Command-line Tools Come to Windows

in Windows 10 News
    Tar and Curl Command-line Tools Come to Windows: Beginning in Windows 10 Insider Build 17063, we’re introducing two command-line tools to the Windows toolchain: curl and bsdtar. It’s been a long time coming, I know. We’d like to give credit to the folks who’ve created and maintain bsdtar and curl—awesome open-source tools...