Windows 10: Windows Defender concerns

Discus and support Windows Defender concerns in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I am very confused and concerned. We have Windows 10 Home 64-bit. OS Build 18362.387. I am aware there have been update issues recently,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MJBJ_453, Sep 29, 2019.

1. MJBJ_453 Win User

Windows Defender concerns

Hello, I am very confused and concerned.

We have Windows 10 Home 64-bit. OS Build 18362.387.

I am aware there have been update issues recently, with MD5 problems or something? I don't fully understand.

Really, I am not sure whether things are up to date as they should be, or whether there is something wrong.

Currently with Windows Defender:

Antimalware Client Version 4.18.1908.7

Engine Version 1.1.16400.2

Antivirus Version 1.303.479.0

Antispyware Version 1.303.479.0

It is the first one (the Antimalware Client Version) that chiefly concerns me - I have been informed elsewhere it should be 4.18.1908.8 ?

I need to make sure that all of those are on the correct version numbers, and are up to date.

If there is something wrong with my system, I will need assistance and need to know what steps to take (via Command Prompt etc) in order to put it right, please?

It is possible that something may have gone wrong somewhere recently with updates or something else.

Thanking you for any assistance, as this is important and I need to ensure everything is correct to protect the security of this PC.

:)

MJBJ_453, Sep 29, 2019
  2. Jay Jap Win User

Windows Defender Anitvirus

Hello,

There are multiple reasons why you are having issues, enabling Windows Defender. To assist you with your concern, you can refer to
    PrashantKumar96's
    Forum Article
    on how to fix Windows Defender not starting.

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps listed there, especially the number six troubleshooting step.

Let us know of the outcome.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Sep 29, 2019
  3. Kursah Win User
    According to Windows Defender DDU has Malware in it.

Add DDU to the exclusion list either from there or the settings for Defender. Then you'll be fine. I've used DDU for years, and as-long-as you downloaded it from a reputable source you should be fine. If they offer MD5 hash checks that might be worth doing to make sure though if you're concerned your version is malicious.

https://www.google.com/webhp?source...&ie=UTF-8#q=Windows+Defender+how+to+whitelist

*Toast :toast:

Kursah, Sep 29, 2019
  4. Windows Defender concerns

On startup Windows Defender is not on and wants to scan

Hi,

To address your concern regarding Windows Defender, we suggest that you restart the Windows Defender Service with the steps below:

• Right click on Start and select Run.
    • Type services.msc, then press Enter.
    • Click the Windows Defender Service, and click Stop and then
      Start under General tab.
    • Check Apply and OK.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

Windows Defender concerns

1. Windows Defender concerns - Similar Threads - Defender concerns

2. "LastMAPSFailureTimeString" Event in Windows Defender Logs, Is This a Cause for Concern?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "LastMAPSFailureTimeString" Event in Windows Defender Logs, Is This a Cause for Concern?: I checked my Windows Defender logs in Event Viewer > Applications and Services > Microsoft > Windows > Windows Defender > Operational, and saw something I haven't really seen before, the event said;"Old Value: N/A\SpyNet\LastMAPSFailureTimeString=""New Value:...
  3. "LastMAPSFailureTimeString" Event in Windows Defender Logs, Is This a Cause for Concern?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "LastMAPSFailureTimeString" Event in Windows Defender Logs, Is This a Cause for Concern?: I checked my Windows Defender logs in Event Viewer > Applications and Services > Microsoft > Windows > Windows Defender > Operational, and saw something I haven't really seen before, the event said;"Old Value: N/A\SpyNet\LastMAPSFailureTimeString=""New Value:...
  4. "LastMAPSFailureTimeString" Event in Windows Defender Logs, Is This a Cause for Concern?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Windows Defender Stopped Working When I Checked For Updates- Be Concerned or No?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Stopped Working When I Checked For Updates- Be Concerned or No?: I accidentally switched my router off earlier and quickly rebooted it; this caused Time-Service on my Windows 10 device to freak out, and instead of synchronizing with a Microsoft Corporation database IP, my system is now synchronising with an IP associated with my ispanyway,...
  6. Windows Defender Stopped Working When I Checked For Updates- Be Concerned or No?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Stopped Working When I Checked For Updates- Be Concerned or No?: I accidentally switched my router off earlier and quickly rebooted it; this caused Time-Service on my Windows 10 device to freak out, and instead of synchronizing with a Microsoft Corporation database IP, my system is now synchronising with an IP associated with my ispanyway,...
  7. Windows Defender Stopped Working When I Checked For Updates- Be Concerned or No?

8. How can I resolve Windows 11 Windows Defender Security Concerns Multi-faceted challenge -...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I resolve Windows 11 Windows Defender Security Concerns Multi-faceted challenge -...: I have completed a quick Windows Defender security scan after being the target of a persistent and prolonged attempted hacking of my MS account.In doing the scan I am being alerted to multiple threats. When attempting to take action nothing happens, the start action option...
  9. How can I resolve Windows 11 Windows Defender Security Concerns Multi-faceted challenge -...

How can I resolve Windows 11 Windows Defender Security Concerns Multi-faceted challenge -...: I have completed a quick Windows Defender security scan after being the target of a persistent and prolonged attempted hacking of my MS account.In doing the scan I am being alerted to multiple threats. When attempting to take action nothing happens, the start action option...
  10. Defender scans are extremely fast, is this cause for concern?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Defender scans are extremely fast, is this cause for concern?: I have used Windows Defender exclusively for over a year. It scans every day and they take 30 seconds on average. I have an i7/16GB RAM/SSD system and it is barebones (a dozen programs that I use and that's it). I seldom download anything more than the occasional pdf and...