Windows 10: Windows defender constantly telling me there is a problem with my Microsoft account

Discus and support Windows defender constantly telling me there is a problem with my Microsoft account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Every couple of days for the last few months Windows 10 Defender has been telling me that there is a problem with my Microsoft Account. When I open the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CatMan90, Sep 21, 2020.

1. CatMan90 Win User

Windows defender constantly telling me there is a problem with my Microsoft account

Every couple of days for the last few months Windows 10 Defender has been telling me that there is a problem with my Microsoft Account. When I open the defender window and click on account protection it asks me to enter my computer PIN, and after I do the "problem" goes away. Windows never tells me what the problem with my account is, it just asks for the PIN. I have checked my MS account and everything is fine and the password has been reset, but it still keeps telling me about some sort of problem.

:)

CatMan90, Sep 21, 2020
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows defender constantly telling me there is a problem with my Microsoft account :(

Zakin, Sep 21, 2020
  3. Addie Win User
    Cannot link/add my Microsoft Account to Local Account

Hello Ken,

Im using Win10 Build 1607 with all latest update.

I also run all related troubleshooters:
    • Windows Update
    • Store Apps (says i have to login in my microsoft account but thats the problem, i can't)
    • Microsoft Accounts

No Problem found. Also the suggestions from Microsoft didnt helped.

Addie, Sep 21, 2020
  4. Try3 Win User

Windows defender constantly telling me there is a problem with my Microsoft account

Account problem

Aslam,

Yes, the procedure is complex but I split it into individual steps that, I believe, can be followed by anybody.

Booting into Safe mode is explained in section 3. All steps are included. If there is a step you cannot do then please tell me the para number and which aspect of it is confusing you.

Getting into the built-in Administrator account is explained in section 4. All steps are included. If there is a step you cannot do then please tell me the para number and which aspect of it is confusing you.

Any local account and any MSAccount can be made a "Standard" account or an Admin account. You need to be logged in to an Admin account in order to raise a Standard account to Admin status.
    - Once you are logged in to one of the Admin accounts that I suggest that you create, you can go to Settings, Accounts, Family & other users so that you can select the account you want to raise then click on the Change account type button that appears.
    - Be wary of promoting then relying upon the current problem account because its user profile might be damaged. I cannot say that it is definitely damaged but only that something has gone wrong.

Denis

Thema:

1. Windows defender constantly telling me there is a problem with my Microsoft account - Similar Threads - defender constantly telling

2. Microsoft account is telling me that my Desktop Device Windows is not up to date -...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft account is telling me that my Desktop Device Windows is not up to date -...: I have tried to use the Windows Update to scan for security updates to my computer. Something odd has happened.I briefly get an available windows update called "Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 Version 1.339.368.0", however after a...
  3. 'Problem with your Microsoft Account' - Constant Notifications

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    'Problem with your Microsoft Account' - Constant Notifications: Hello, I have Office 365 on three laptops running Windows10. Recently I started getting bombarded multiple times per day with notifications that 'there is a problem with your Microsoft account.' It's driving me insane! 1. Outlook stops downloading mail. I have to...
  4. What causes Microsoft to frequently tell me "there is a problem with your account". And...

What causes Microsoft to frequently tell me "there is a problem with your account". And...: I have two Windows 10 computers, an HP and an ASUS. I often get the message that "there is a problem with your account". Sometimes I sign in with my password and it fixes it on one, but I have the same problem when I sign into the other computer. Sometimes it doesn't...
  5. My computers continually tell me that there is a problem with my Microsoft Account and I...

in Windows 10 Customization
    My computers continually tell me that there is a problem with my Microsoft Account and I...: {;ease see the subject which is here: My computers continually tell me that there is a problem with my Microsoft Account and I have to continually change the password. Why is this occurring? It appears that I am doing soemthing wrong. Please help!...
  6. Windows tells me there's problem with my account (password changed or something), is it...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows tells me there's problem with my account (password changed or something), is it...: You know, just in case it isn't some sort of a virus that might have infested my comp... submitted by /u/BronzeHeart92 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fnh61s/windows_tells_me_theres_problem_with_my_account/
  7. Constant "Microsoft Account Problem"

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Constant "Microsoft Account Problem": I apologize if this is in the wrong section of the forum. Mods, please move it if necessary. I keep getting a notification of a Microsoft Account problem (password change, etc). I keep fixing it, but it keeps coming back. Is this possible malware doing this? Or something...
  8. Constant "Microsoft Account Problem"

in Windows 10 Support
    Constant "Microsoft Account Problem": I apologize if this is in the wrong section of the forum. Mods, please move it if necessary. I keep getting a notification of a Microsoft Account problem (password change, etc). I keep fixing it, but it keeps coming back. Is this possible malware doing this? Or something...
  9. Has anyone got to the bottom of the stupid Mail program, constantly telling me my account...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Has anyone got to the bottom of the stupid Mail program, constantly telling me my account...: HAD ENOUGH NOW. STOP FOBBING CUSTOMERS OFF WITH ALL YOUR "Thankyou for your time and patience " Salesman Crap, and FIX THE DAMN PROBLEM WILL YA ! Because I am Sick to the point of posting my laptop through Microsoft's main office "Closed" front Window, slightly under the...
  10. Windows Defender tells me "actions needed", but...

Windows Defender tells me "actions needed", but...: In the task bar I see "actions needed" [ATTACH] But if I open the Windows Defender Security Center I do not see any "action needed" ! Why? [ATTACH]...