Windows 10: Windows Defender corrupt files

Discus and support Windows Defender corrupt files in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi I have been having issues with my Ethernet and someone from the community suggested that since the issue might be because of corrupt Windows... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SiddiquiON, Jul 20, 2019.

1. Windows Defender corrupt files

Hi I have been having issues with my Ethernet and someone from the community suggested that since the issue might be because of corrupt Windows defender files.

Reasons it could be because of Windows defender:

1. When I navigate to Firewall & Network Protection I get 3 options, domain network, private network & public network. Each of those have the same issue when I open them saying "This setting is managed by your administrator". I am the administrator and this is my personal laptop.

Windows Defender corrupt files 43eee44f-dac1-470f-8601-e500c78832d9?upload=true.jpg

2. I keep getting these notifications and when I click them it shows that no action is needed in Windows defender. Windows Defender corrupt files eee67171-0b7d-4d94-b048-d6e3e8041177?upload=true.png

Already tried:

1. Updating/reinstalling Network card drivers from device management.

2. Obtain IP address automatically/manually in TCP/IPv4 settings.

3. Tried the cmd commands flushdns, reset, netsh etc.

4. Windows troubleshooter says: Ethernet does not have a valid IP configuration.

5. The port and cable are fine because I already tried it on different PC and it works fine for windows 8.1. The issue is with Windows 10.

- Windows security version: 10.018362.1, Anti malware client version: 4.18.1906.3, Engine version: 1.1.16200.1, Antivirus version: 1.299.62.0, Antispyware version: 1.299.62.0

- Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 17763)
    - Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
    - Video Card - NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M
    - RAM - 8.00 GB
    - System Manufacturer: Sony Corporation
    - System Model: VPCF21Z1E

Previous post that was in network & internet category: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...5-96d9bf137b5b?tm=1563130883597&auth=1&page=1

:)

SiddiquiON, Jul 20, 2019

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Jul 20, 2019
  3. malware Win User
    Microsoft Windows Home Server Corrupts Files

Microsoft has warned Windows Home Server users not to edit files stored on their backup systems with several of its programs, including Vista Photo Gallery and Office's OneNote and Outlook, as well as files generated by popular finance software such as Quicken and QuickBooks. "When you use certain programs to edit files on a home computer that uses Windows Home Server, the files may become corrupted when you save them to the home server," Microsoft said in a support document posted last week. The document went on to list the software, which includes Windows Vista Photo Gallery, Windows Live Photo Gallery, OneNote 2003, OneNote 2007, Outlook 2007, Microsoft Money 2007 and SyncToy 2.0 Beta. Others programs, however, may also corrupt files stored on a home server powered by Microsoft's operating system. "Additionally, there have been customer reports of issues with Torrent applications, with Intuit Quicken and with QuickBooks program files," the document said. "Until an update for Windows Home Server is available, we recommend that [you] do not use the programs that are listed to save or to edit program-specific files that are stored on a Windows Home Server-based system."

Source: Computerworld

malware, Jul 20, 2019
  4. Windows Defender corrupt files

Corrupt Files

Hi,

The challenge that you are experiencing is most likely due to a virus. A computer virus can corrupt or delete data on a computer. It can even delete everything on the hard disk.

To resolve your concern, we suggest that you run a full scan on your computer using
    Windows Defender by following the steps below:

• Type windows defender on the search bar.
    • Click on Windows Defender.
    • On the right panel, select Full, then click on Scan now.

If the full scan cannot detect any viruses, we suggest that you run an offline scan on your computer using
    Windows Defender by following the steps in this article:
    Help protect my PC with Windows Defender Offline

If you have a different antivirus application installed on your computer,
    Windows Defender
    will automatically turn off. Kindly disable other antivirus applications before running a scan using
    Windows Defender.

Let us know if you need further assistance with your concern.

Joshua Her1, Jul 20, 2019
Thema:

Windows Defender corrupt files

1. Windows Defender corrupt files - Similar Threads - Defender corrupt files

2. Windows Defender Firewall corruption

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Firewall corruption: It all started when I attempted to update a Windows app called Adobe Fresco. However, it refused to update due to Windows Defender Firewall being off. I tried to start the services, but they were all grayed out and could not be modified. Troubleshooting Windows updates...
  3. Windows Defender Firewall corruption

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender Firewall corruption: It all started when I attempted to update a Windows app called Adobe Fresco. However, it refused to update due to Windows Defender Firewall being off. I tried to start the services, but they were all grayed out and could not be modified. Troubleshooting Windows updates...
  4. Windows Defender Firewall corruption

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. corrupt web defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    corrupt web defender: I was scammed yesterday by a hacker using web defender. When I called the toll free number I was connected to a person who was phishing for information on my laptop. He installed an app called Ultraview and told me my IP address was being using by at least 18 other people...
  6. windows 10 - defender corrupted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 - defender corrupted: hi. i have had a major issue with my windows defender for probably a year now. not noticing until a few months ago.the easiest way to say this is, its literally corrupted!i know it has to be because of malwarebytes. after i heard news about how bad it was getting, i tried...
  7. windows 10 - defender corrupted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 - defender corrupted: hi. i have had a major issue with my windows defender for probably a year now. not noticing until a few months ago.the easiest way to say this is, its literally corrupted!i know it has to be because of malwarebytes. after i heard news about how bad it was getting, i tried...
  8. windows 10 - defender corrupted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Windows defender probably corrupted

Windows defender probably corrupted: When I opened my Windows security application I saw this is it corrupt or what, and if I want to reinstall it what is the command like for microsoft store it is *Microsoft.WindowsStore*[ATTACH]...
  10. Defender Files Corrupted

Defender Files Corrupted: This morning when I opened my laptop it force restarted and went into repair mode. When it finally restarted I had no internet connection at all for about ten minutes (with LAN attached), though it said I did. Nothing worked. Finally Chrome started getting connection and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows defender is corrupted

2. scan on windows 10 says Defender file is corrupt

3. could not repair corrupted file microsoft windows defender

4. windows defender corrupt files