Windows 10: Windows Defender CPU usage

Discus and support Windows Defender CPU usage in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello there, We're encounter a strange problem with our Windows Defender and SCEP in our company. Everything run fine till 1-2 weeks ago. We... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Nicolas_MB, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Windows Defender CPU usage

Hello there,

We're encounter a strange problem with our Windows Defender and SCEP in our company.

Everything run fine till 1-2 weeks ago.

We manage our Windows Defender or SCEP through SCCM. There we have policies that limit CPU usage at 30%.

Excluded is also the Windows Defender folder (C:\Program Files\Windows Defender) and MsMpEng.exe process.

What is happening during a scheduled full scan is, that during 2-4 minutes the MsMpEng.exe is using as it should only 30% of the CPU. But then, suddenly is taking the complete CPU that is left causing the CPU to be at 100%. Most of the cases, Windows is freezing and nothing can be done anymore. In some rare cases, you can use Windows but in slow slow mode.

Does anyone encounter the same problem and found a solution for this?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Greetings

Nicolas

:)

Nicolas_MB, Jun 17, 2019

2. How to reduce Windows Defender and Google Chrome CPU Usage to the minimum?

Hi.

My PC runs slow.

When I click on Task Manager, I always see a High CPU usage from Windows Defender and Google Chrome.

Any suggestion to reduce Windows Defender and Google Chrome CPU Usage to the minimum?

Thanks

Francesco

francesckosky, Jun 17, 2019
  3. Windows Defender CPU Usage

Hi,

Windows Security Essentials and Windows Defender are different programs that has different settings. On Windows Defender, you cannot limit its CPU usage during scanning.

Please check this
    link
    for more information about Windows Defender.

Thank you.

Marielle Cas, Jun 17, 2019
  4. Windows Defender CPU usage

Windows Explorer high CPU Usage in Windows 10

Hi Andrew,

Usually, too many background processes can boost your CPU usage. Since you already disabled the apps that are not necessary on startup,
    we suggest checking the applications running once you have successfully boot Windows 10. To do this, simply follow the steps below:

• Click on the Start button and type Task Manager on the search box.
    • On the Task Manager window, you should see the programs running.
    • Click on the More details drop-down button to see the total number of apps running and their real-time CPU usage.

From there, you should see what applications are running on high CPU usage. You can also
    restart the Windows Management Instrumentation service and see if your CPU performance will improve. Follow the instructions below to restart the service:

• Click on the Start button and type Services.
    • Scroll down the list and look for Windows Management Instrumentation.
    • Right click on it and select Restart.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Jun 17, 2019
Thema:

Windows Defender CPU usage

1. Windows Defender CPU usage - Similar Threads - Defender CPU usage

2. Windows Defender CPU Usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender CPU Usage: Is there a way to forcefully reduce Defender's CPU usage? Now it is managing to slow down even one of my best computers, an Asus sporting a Ryzen 7 4800H. On an old laptop with a Haswell i5 also running Win10, I've always kept Defender disabled as it just makes the system run...
  3. Windows Defender CPU Usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender CPU Usage: Is there a way to forcefully reduce Defender's CPU usage? Now it is managing to slow down even one of my best computers, an Asus sporting a Ryzen 7 4800H. On an old laptop with a Haswell i5 also running Win10, I've always kept Defender disabled as it just makes the system run...
  4. Windows Defender CPU Usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. windows defender cpu usage

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows defender cpu usage: So the antimalware service executable task drains a lot of CPU performance. Method 2 on this page seems to address the issue: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-cpu-usage-because-of-antimalware-service/b20c6fef-0ce1-4ad1-8874-f76c8a89523aMy problem is...
  6. High CPU usage from Windows Defender and AntimalwareExecutable

High CPU usage from Windows Defender and AntimalwareExecutable: I'm having very high CPU usage from these two services in Windows 10. I've tried every recommended fix I know about. Is there something I'm missing? How can I get this fixed?...
  7. Windows Defender SmartScreen - permanent higher cpu usage

Windows Defender SmartScreen - permanent higher cpu usage: Hello, after testing and investigate during more weeks is found that the Windows Defender SmartScreen is permanently use higher cpu resources actually permanent 10-18 percent. From Windows Defender - status and device power - not found the problems. Recent installed -...
  8. Windows Defender SmartScreen cpu usage

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Defender SmartScreen cpu usage: My computer has been running slow and I noticed that Windows Defender SmartScreen is using 45-55% of my cpu capacity. I have Windows 10 and Norton anti-virus on the computer. I looked in the forums and it sounds like this should be off when running another anti-virus...
  9. High CPU usage from Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High CPU usage from Windows Defender: I have W10 Pro, version 1803, build 17134.19 (although these issues started when I was still on whatever the previous build was numbered) with a i7-6700k, 16gb RAM and a Samsung 750 EVO 500gb. As of the past week or so I've noticed that Windows Defender's CPU usage,...
  10. Windows 10 defender - high memory and cpu usage

Windows 10 defender - high memory and cpu usage: First some background. I'm using since long Malwarebytes protection programme. Since some time, this programme also provides antivirus protection. I noticed since beginning of 2018 that the antimalware service executable of windows defender was often consuming a lot of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows defender smartscreen cpu usage

2. windows defender smartscreen high cpu usage

3. windows defender using high cpu

4. windows defender smartscreen is at 100% of CPU usage,
  5. windows defender smartscreen,
  6. windows defender smartscreen high cpu,
  7. windows defender smartscreen runs continuously,
  8. windows defender using 30% cpu