Windows 10: Windows Defender deactivated and cannot be reactivated

Discus and support Windows Defender deactivated and cannot be reactivated in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi,I cannot start my Windows Defender. I just noticed, it was deactivated for reasons unknown to me. As I suspected a virus or malware could be the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ultimate_Wolverine, Sep 1, 2021.

1. Windows Defender deactivated and cannot be reactivated

Hi,I cannot start my Windows Defender. I just noticed, it was deactivated for reasons unknown to me. As I suspected a virus or malware could be the cause, i checked the system with the Malicious Software Removal tool from Microsoft, but it couldn't find anything. Is the deactivation maybe caused by recent Windows updates and if so, how can I restart the defender, since I always get an error that "an unexpected error occured" upon attempting to launch the defender. When looking into a log file, it says:ERROR: MpWDEnableTRUE failed 80070424 MpCmdRun.exe: hr = 0x80070424. MpCmdRun: End Time:

:)

Ultimate_Wolverine, Sep 1, 2021

2. Windows Defender deactivated by Group Policy

1. For the reasons unknown , my windows defender appears to have been deactivated. It says that is done for the reasons of some Group Policy. No such policy intimation given to me. Can this be reactivated and how soon?

2. Not able to download any updates for Windows 10.

Please help.

Original title: windows defender

Shyamsunder Kukreja, Sep 1, 2021
  3. Question about Windows Defender Reactivation

This NURUL HAKIM from Oman. Now, I am using windows 10 in may laptop. I deactivated windows defender in my laptop. Now I want reactivate the windows defender again. But I am unable to do that. My error code: 577.

Could you anyone please, help me to solve the problem?

NURUL HAKIMNH, Sep 1, 2021
  4. Windows Defender deactivated and cannot be reactivated

How can I deactivate the Windows Defender

Original Title: Windows Defender

Please tell me how can I deactivate the Windows Defender. I have got Mc Affee to protect my device and it's doing a good job, I don't need a second scan, as it's slowing down my PC and this is very annoying. Please tell me what to do step by step. Thank
    you!

angelicastefan, Sep 1, 2021
Thema:

Windows Defender deactivated and cannot be reactivated

1. Windows Defender deactivated and cannot be reactivated - Similar Threads - Defender deactivated cannot

2. Reactivating windows defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reactivating windows defender: I have a new anti virus and used it for a while go remove virus on my pc. I recently uninstalled it and wants to have the defender back up. However I don't know how to have it back....
  3. Reactivate a deactivated HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reactivate a deactivated HDD: Hello,I wanted to disable my HDD Drive today in order to boost my Computer's performance. I did it too quick and was not really knowing what I'm doing. I followed this guide: Windows + X > Disk Manager > right click on HDD > Properties > Driver tab > Disable Device. There was...
  4. Reactivate a deactivated HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reactivate a deactivated HDD: Hello,I wanted to disable my HDD Drive today in order to boost my Computer's performance. I did it too quick and was not really knowing what I'm doing. I followed this guide: Windows + X > Disk Manager > right click on HDD > Properties > Driver tab > Disable Device. There was...
  5. Reactivate a deactivated HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Reactivate deactivated network?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reactivate deactivated network?: Was in my network connections and wanted to change something there (under properties) but I came to disable it and do not know how to enable it again because it is no longer displayed there. If it brings something it was responsible for giving Hotspot. So for my Wlan usb...
  7. Windows 10 Deactivated Itself and Will Not Reactivate

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Deactivated Itself and Will Not Reactivate: I have this computer since 2011. It has had Windows 7 then was upgraded to Windows 8 and finally Windows 10 through the years. It's been my daily driver and I never had this activation issue on it before. Today it began showing me this watermark about how Windows is not...
  8. Windows reactivated after deactivation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows reactivated after deactivation: So I installed windows 10 pro and was interested in seeing how it look activated so when one one person posted a key on facebook (Multi licence I guess) so I tried it and windows activated then after few hours I removed the key using a command I found online and it went back...
  9. windows 10 deactivated how to reactivate

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 deactivated how to reactivate: My grandson somehow deactivated windows 10. I have a refurbished Dell that came with windows 7. I had updated to windows 10 when it came out. I have a product code for windows 7. what option do I use to reactivate windows?...
  10. Deactivated Location Service to reactivate

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Deactivated Location Service to reactivate: Hi, In my HP notebook it is noticed that 'Location' in the settings under Privacy of the device is remaining OFF since sometime past and could not activate it again to use Cortana utility and other GPS facilities. Under Time & Language of the settings the language has already...