Windows 10: Windows Defender default reference outgoing Internet access.

Discus and support Windows Defender default reference outgoing Internet access. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Been using Avast AV and Zonealarm FW for some years but both are causing problems with the Win 10 1909 build. So have pulled both in favour of Win... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Pollensa1946, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Windows Defender default reference outgoing Internet access.

Been using Avast AV and Zonealarm FW for some years but both are causing problems with the Win 10 1909 build. So have pulled both in favour of Win Defender alone for both AV and FW. I have a question re Defender default on handling outgoing internet requests from programs other than MSoft software. My ideal, as per Zonealarm, is that Defender bars all outgoing calls unless a rule is set to allow. Is this the default? Or is it the opposite, allow all unless a rule bars it? Or if neither what is the default?

:)

Pollensa1946, Dec 19, 2019
  2. redex Win User

Windows 10 firewall? No internet access

Hiya, I'm wondering what settings I have to add to the windows firewall to have internet access. I have block incoming and outgoing connections except by a rule on, and port 80 with any program in outgoing and incoming. Just port 80 in outgoing & incoming does not allow internet access. What do I have to add to the firewall for this to work? When I turn off the firewall, I have internet access again.

redex, Dec 19, 2019
  3. trparky Win User
    What the hell, windows defender?

Yep, I agree with you on that one. If you have no anti-malware software installed and you've turned off Windows Defender you are a threat to the whole public Internet. This goes for not installing patches as well, if you haven't installed patches then your ISP should turn your Internet off until you have done so.

trparky, Dec 19, 2019
  4. Windows Defender default reference outgoing Internet access.

how to set Internet Explorer as default browser in Windows 10

Hi George,

As you want to set Internet Explorer as the default browser, I suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Navigate to Start>Settings>System.
    • In the left pane, click on Default Apps.
    • In the right pane, under Web browser, click on Microsoft edge and select
      Internet Explorer.
    • Restart the system and check.

Hope this helps. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we'll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 19, 2019
Thema:

Windows Defender default reference outgoing Internet access.

1. Windows Defender default reference outgoing Internet access. - Similar Threads - Defender default reference

2. Internet access but no access to Internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet access but no access to Internet: My laptop suddenly does not access Internet but on the WiFi it says connected with internet access.. When I ping Google on cmd 8.8.8.8 it pings successfully.. I tried setting manual DNS, uninstalling network drivers then restart, downloaded drivers from other device and...
  3. Internet access but no access to Internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet access but no access to Internet: My laptop suddenly does not access Internet but on the WiFi it says connected with internet access.. When I ping Google on cmd 8.8.8.8 it pings successfully.. I tried setting manual DNS, uninstalling network drivers then restart, downloaded drivers from other device and...
  4. Choose to authorize outgoing connections by notifications with the windows defender firewall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Choose to authorize outgoing connections by notifications with the windows defender firewall: Hello, during my previous windows installation I did not need to add a third-party firewall, because I had selected to block outgoing connections as it is the default for incoming connections and I had notifications when a new application needed access inbound or outbound it...
  5. Choose to authorize outgoing connections by notifications with the windows defender firewall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Choose to authorize outgoing connections by notifications with the windows defender firewall: Hello, during my previous windows installation I did not need to add a third-party firewall, because I had selected to block outgoing connections as it is the default for incoming connections and I had notifications when a new application needed access inbound or outbound it...
  6. Choose to authorize outgoing connections by notifications with the windows defender firewall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Block apps from accessing internet by default...

Block apps from accessing internet by default...: Good day guys, I have decided to use my computer with Windows Defender as the security solution. I would like to keep my system as lean and lightweight, as is possible. But Windows Firewall is little complicated. And given that I am from a non-technical background, I don't...
  8. Windows Defender default reference outgoing Internet access.

Windows Defender default reference outgoing Internet access.: Been using Avast AV and Zonealarm FW for some years but both are causing problems with the Win 10 1909 build. So have pulled both in favour of Win Defender alone for both AV and FW. I have a question re Defender default on handling outgoing internet requests from programs...
  9. Can access default gateway but cannot connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can access default gateway but cannot connect to the internet: Recently, I have an issue to connect to the internet. I can't access all the websites, but I can ping the default gateway with no problem. So far, I have tried all these methods. 1. Uninstalling NordVPN. I installed it two days ago with no problem. 2. Reinstalling driver....
  10. Another "no internet access with default switch" thread

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Another "no internet access with default switch" thread: I see there are plenty of these out there already but none of them seemed to answer the problem I'm having. My host machine is Windows 10 Pro, fully updated. I've been running a VM using Hyper-V for some months now. It runs Windows 10 1709 and uses the default switch. No...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. should defender have icoming and outgoing internet access