Windows 10: Windows Defender deletes DisableAntiSpyware from reg after PC restarts

Discus and support Windows Defender deletes DisableAntiSpyware from reg after PC restarts in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I don't want antimalware service executable to run in the background, I will not use any AV. So, when I create a variable as said in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Astromanson, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Windows Defender deletes DisableAntiSpyware from reg after PC restarts

Hello, I don't want antimalware service executable to run in the background, I will not use any AV. So, when I create a variable as said in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ecutable/b5ce5b46-a65b-460c-b4cd-e2cca50358cf,
    in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender var DisableAntiSpyware - Windows deletes it after PC restart. How to prevent windows from deleting this var, or there's other ways to stop windows defender from running?
    I use windows pro 2004 build 19041.388.

:)

Astromanson, Aug 4, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Windows Defender

Hi Renan,

Click your Start Button, then just type cmd

From the resulting list, right click Command Prompt and choose 'Run as Administrator'

Paste this command into Command Prompt and hit Enter:

REG DELETE "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender" /v DisableAntiSpyware

When that completes, close Command Prompt and restart your PC

Then check Windows Defender to see if Real Time Protection can be turned on . ..

Restart your PC

DaveM121, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Windows Security Automatic Sample Submission

Try this one if the Windows Defender is not listed on the Local Group Policy Editor:

1. Open the "Command Prompt" (Admin).

2. Paste the following: REG QUERY "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender"

3. Hit "Enter".

4. If you see DisableAntiSpyware listed then type or copy & paste the following: REG DELETE "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender" /v "DisableAntiSpyware" /f

5. Hit "Enter". If it shows that the operation completed successfully, restart the computer and re-do the local group policy editor method that I suggested to do first.

Joshua_Ras, Aug 4, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Windows Defender deletes DisableAntiSpyware from reg after PC restarts

Windows Defender doesn't want to turn on

Hi Popsickle_Vests

Click your Start Button, then just type cmd

From the resulting list, right click Command Prompt and choose 'Run as Administrator'

Paste this into Command Prompt and press Enter:

REG DELETE "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender" /v DisableAntiSpyware

Wait for that command to complete, then restart (not shut down) your PC

DaveM121, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

Windows Defender deletes DisableAntiSpyware from reg after PC restarts

1. Windows Defender deletes DisableAntiSpyware from reg after PC restarts - Similar Threads - Defender deletes DisableAntiSpyware

2. Windows Deleting driver after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Deleting driver after restart: Hi,I installed a PCIE ethernet card on my PC recently and I have installed the same one on many other PCs and never had an issue. However, for some reason after rebooting the PC the device disappears completely and only comes back after I install the driver again Not...
  3. reg deletions need undoing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    reg deletions need undoing?: Pursuing a suggested fix for Windows 10 telling me "managed by your organization", I performed the list of register deletions suggested at https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/managed-by-your-organisation/0999e782-6bdd-40c8-ab1c-87998c72cd46, by DaveM121. The...
  4. reg deletions need undoing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    reg deletions need undoing?: Pursuing a suggested fix for Windows 10 telling me "managed by your organization", I performed the list of register deletions suggested at https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/managed-by-your-organisation/0999e782-6bdd-40c8-ab1c-87998c72cd46, by DaveM121. The...
  5. reg deletions need undoing?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. can't enable windows firewall on services.msc . And my pc is not having DisableAntiSpyware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    can't enable windows firewall on services.msc . And my pc is not having DisableAntiSpyware: can't enable windows firewall on services.msc . And my pc is not having DisableAntiSpyware [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-enable-windows-firewall-on-servicesmsc-and-my/10c8d384-f1f0-4ee4-a861-938065daedb1
  7. Disableantispyware ocasionally being deleted from the registry. I set myself to owner and...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disableantispyware ocasionally being deleted from the registry. I set myself to owner and...: tittle submitted by /u/FellOffARoof [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ibripq/disableantispyware_ocasionally_being_deleted_from/
  8. Windows defender is deleted from my pc automatically. Windows Defender app not showing up.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender is deleted from my pc automatically. Windows Defender app not showing up.: When i search for windows defender this comes up and i dont see any options which were available earlier. Even my Antivirus was deleted automatically.Please help.[ATTACH]...
  9. DisableAntiSpyware is removed after a reboot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DisableAntiSpyware is removed after a reboot: So I put DisableAntiSpyware (DWORD) on value 1 in Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender and after the reboot, it disappears. Tamper protection is also off and the Windows 10 OS Build is 18363.778 submitted by /u/Armyw0w [link] [comments]...
  10. "REG DELETE" from CMD prompt. Ran into a problem...

in Windows 10 Support
    "REG DELETE" from CMD prompt. Ran into a problem...: Trying to use the following syntax from the cmd prompt: REG DELETE HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT /v <two words seperated by a space> /t REG_MULTIZ_SZ /d <a specific line of text contained within the reg_multi_sz string> what's the correct syntax since when I write...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when i regedit DisableAntiSpyware the changes are lost after reboot