Windows 10: Windows defender deleting downloaded file that does not have a virus (thinks it does)

Discus and support Windows defender deleting downloaded file that does not have a virus (thinks it does) in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Windows defender is erroneously deleting a downloaded file - how can this be corrected? The file being downloaded is from a trusted source.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MJL57, Jul 7, 2018.

1. MJL57 Win User

Windows defender deleting downloaded file that does not have a virus (thinks it does)

Windows defender is erroneously deleting a downloaded file - how can this be corrected?

The file being downloaded is from a trusted source.

:)

MJL57, Jul 7, 2018
  2. FredDryg Win User

Defender: Can't download software. File recognized as a virus.

This has been the most exasperating experience I have had since I started windows ten. I have not asked to use "OUTLOOK" but it keep's interjecting it into any interface I have with Microsoft.

I can't even replace Windows Defender.

When I consider the difficulty of administrating "Defender" it makes the case for buying another Protection Software system. I have worked with PC's since DOS in 19xx. I live on Microsoft Office.

DEFENDER won't even let me remove it. I have to understand the intricacy of identifying myself as the Administrator of my PC.

A step by step list of how to replace Defender would be appreciated.

Fred

FredDryg, Jul 7, 2018
  3. Window 10 or Defender do not automatically delete virus created junk folders + files??

Hi Carol,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I apologies for delay in response. I will certainly help you with this.

I understand you need to delete virus created junk folder (Quarantined items).

Quarantined items are those items that were prevented from running but were not removed from your PC. I suggest you to follow the below given steps and check if it works:

• Press Windows key and type Windows Defender and hit enter.
    • Click on History tab in Windows Defender Window.
    • Click on the Quarantined items radio button and click on history.
    • Check and select all the items that appear as junk.
    • Click on Remove button to delete them permanently.
    • Check and verify if all the junk folders and files are remove.

Hope this information helps. Post back with updated issue details for further help.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Jul 7, 2018
  4. Windows defender deleting downloaded file that does not have a virus (thinks it does)

Deleting nircmd.exe from downloads

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing while deleting Downloads folder data. I will surely help you.

This issue might occur due to any third party application conflict or might be issue with virus.

I suggest you try below methods.

Method 1: Full system scan using Windows defender.

Method 2: Place computer in clean boot state and then try deleting the file.

Please reach back to us, if you face difficulty with the file storage. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Mayank_Bhiwal, Jul 7, 2018
Thema:

Windows defender deleting downloaded file that does not have a virus (thinks it does)

1. Windows defender deleting downloaded file that does not have a virus (thinks it does) - Similar Threads - defender deleting downloaded

2. Why does defender keeps deleting my files ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why does defender keeps deleting my files ?: Hi every one please i have an issue. I did a clean installation of windows and activated it with my microsoft account. As a software developer, i downloaded Postman from the official Site and installed it But after opening it, Defender keeps sending me message saying Threads...
  3. Why does defender keeps deleting my files ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does defender keeps deleting my files ?: Hi every one please i have an issue. I did a clean installation of windows and activated it with my microsoft account. As a software developer, i downloaded Postman from the official Site and installed it But after opening it, Defender keeps sending me message saying Threads...
  4. Why does defender keeps deleting my files ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Does Windows Defender scan all files that are downloaded?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Windows Defender scan all files that are downloaded?: Just a question, does windows defender scan all files that i download and quarantine them if they are harmful? Including archives such as rar or zip?...
  6. Does Windows Defender scan all files that are downloaded?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does Windows Defender scan all files that are downloaded?: Just a question, does windows defender scan all files that i download and quarantine them if they are harmful? Including archives such as rar or zip?...
  7. Does window defender protects viruses from websites?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Does window defender protects viruses from websites?: I want to watch Asian movies and dramas for free without having viruses on my pc.So is it okay to open websites like viki, crunchyroll and so on.Which is the best website to watch without having viruses?Does the window defender protects our pc if the websites contain viruses?...
  8. Windows Defender Thinks My Exe File Is a Virus.

Windows Defender Thinks My Exe File Is a Virus.: Hello, i made an Program and i Made a Setup For It Using The Inno Setup. After Compiling It, It Gets Flagged As a Virus. I Dont want this to happen....
  9. Windows thinks the file I'm downloading is a virus!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows thinks the file I'm downloading is a virus!: The file I installed didn't say "This file might have been moved or deleted." or "couldn't be downloaded" but now when I reinstall it all its saying is that. I've searched for 1 hour and 25 minutes, but nothing works....
  10. What is EyeFedene? Windows Defender does not detect it as a virus.

What is EyeFedene? Windows Defender does not detect it as a virus.: Does anyone know what an application Eye Fedene is? It is running on my computer and I can't stop it or delete. Windows Defender does not detect it as a virus. [Original Title: EyeFedene]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows defender keeps deleting downloads

2. windows defender deleting downloads

3. windows keeps delecting file virus

4. windows defender deleting downloaded file ,
  5. win10 thinks my exe file is a virus,
  6. i deleted antivirus allowed exe and dll files turned off windows defender and it still wont let me download files,
  7. windows defender not in system tray every download is deleted,
  8. hhp keeps deleting downloads,
  9. windows defender deleted file,
  10. how to tell windows defender that a file isnt a virus,
  11. can windows defender delete a read only file,
  12. noantivirus and computer is deleting everything i download,
  13. windows defender thinks app is a virus,
  14. windows defender keeps deleting zip file,
  15. nhl04 rebuilt virus