Windows 10: Windows defender detected PUA:Win32/CoinMiner

Discus and support Windows defender detected PUA:Win32/CoinMiner in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Status active. I can't find the file for affected items under installer/razer. I have let windows defender remove it several times but it always comes... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Meire11, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Meire11 Win User

Windows defender detected PUA:Win32/CoinMiner

Status active. I can't find the file for affected items under installer/razer.

I have let windows defender remove it several times but it always comes back. I have uninstalled everything related to razer. Windows removes it, scans and says it's fine, then finds it again two seconds later. Also just got a prompt that some of my accounts require attention. Malwarebytes free version can't find anything.

:)

Meire11, Jun 27, 2020
  2. AndreTen Win User
    Windows Defender blocking PUA?

- Notifications. same as other WD notifications (PUA at the beginning of the message)
    - False positives: hard to tell. Have none in a month or so (non PUA detections)
    - PUA blocking is only for file transfers. Nothing to do with ads themselves (only ad injection).

From MS doc:
    Read more: MS docs: Detect and block potentially unwanted applications

AndreTen, Jun 27, 2020
  3. Bree Win User

Enable or Disable Windows Defender PUA Protection in Windows 10  

Apparently yes....

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...nder-antivirus

Thema:

1. Windows defender detected PUA:Win32/CoinMiner - Similar Threads - defender detected PUA

2. Windows Defender detected Win32/Floxif.H

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender detected Win32/Floxif.H: My windows defender detected a virus Win32/Floxif.H and I tried removing it through windows defender following a full scan + Offline scan. Also used several other softwares like rkiller. but now after restarting the windows defender is acting weird:...
  3. Windows Defender detected Win32/Floxif.H

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender detected Win32/Floxif.H: My windows defender detected a virus Win32/Floxif.H and I tried removing it through windows defender following a full scan + Offline scan. Also used several other softwares like rkiller. but now after restarting the windows defender is acting weird:...
  4. What is PUA win32 presenoken

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What is PUA win32 presenoken: I found threat on window threat protection and there are 3 choice quaruntine remove and allow i choose remove and start action does it a right choice to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/what-is-pua-win32-presenoken/d001fb63-7b5c-42fb-9c73-370b4f4c4491
  5. Win32/Coinminer

Win32/Coinminer: Few days ago i downloaded a file game but I think it had virus. So after installing it till now windows defender finds a threat basically when I on the system. Its Win32/Coinminer. I did the full scan in windows defender quite a few time but it doesn't,find a threat almost...
  6. Microsoft Defender Detects PUA:Win32/CoinMiner in the Norton Installer file

Microsoft Defender Detects PUA:Win32/CoinMiner in the Norton Installer file: Hi AllI got a threat warning by microsoft defender saying that "PUA:Win32/CoinMiner" was detected. I was downloading norton security when this happened. I had just factory reset this computer and logged onto it a day ago I factory reset it a couple of days back and signed...
  7. Windows defender found PUA

Windows defender found PUA: A weird question but anyway I have F-secure installed. I know that Windows Defender does not work with F-secure. But I did a full scan of my computer with Windows Defender because I got a blue screen earlier and wanted to do a scan with another program too just in...
  8. Kali Linux ISO a virus? PUA: Win32/CoinMiner

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Kali Linux ISO a virus? PUA: Win32/CoinMiner: I downloaded the official Kali Linux ISO file to create a boot stick but then I got a lot of messages from Windows Defender like PUA: Win32/CoinMiner, Trojan: PHP/RevWebshell, Exploit: JS/ShellCode, Exploit: Ruby/JSShell and 7 more malware and all of them were classified as...
  9. Pua. Win32 . detected by windows security unable to remove/quarintine?

Pua. Win32 . detected by windows security unable to remove/quarintine?: I have tried to Set-MpPreference -PuaProtection 1 within Powershell , this fails as I do not have enough permissions to perform this act, HELP...
  10. Windows Defender PUA feature?

Windows Defender PUA feature?: WD has this new feature called PUA. Is this for domain environments or can this be done on a standalone Win10 Enterprise? Or is this needed on a standalone system? I know it has to be enabled in the registry. If enabled, how will this effect the use of a machine? Will...