Windows 10: Windows Defender detects potential threats bit won't show them in the History

Discus and support Windows Defender detects potential threats bit won't show them in the History in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; when running a scan it comes up saying there are potential threats but when I check the history after the scan nothing shows in the quarantined or... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by baz1662, Mar 31, 2021.

1. baz1662 Win User

Windows Defender detects potential threats bit won't show them in the History

when running a scan it comes up saying there are potential threats but when I check the history after the scan nothing shows in the quarantined or removed folders yet all my updates and everything a showing as up to date??

[Original Title: windows defender]

:)

baz1662, Mar 31, 2021

2. potential threat detected

Windows Defender detected Potential Threat : HackTool:Win32/AutoKMS

Tried to remove it. Message said an error occurred: Error Code was Ox800700df

Now what do I do?

BarbaraStotler, Mar 31, 2021
  3. Can't get the Windows Defender team to analyze a potential incorrect detection

Hi Mike,

Since PUA(Potentially Unwanted Application) protection feature allows Windows Defender to detect and block certain apps that are not categorized as threats, but they increase the chances of your device being infected with malware or it may affect your device's
    performance. That might be the reason why the PUA protection feature detects the software. In the case that the feature blocks an application you know that can be trusted, you may follow these steps to allow the app:

1. On the start menu, type Window Defender security center and press Enter.
    2. On the pop-up window, select Virus and threat protection.
    3. Click Threat history option.
    4. Under Quarantined threats, select the file, and click Restore button.
    Note: You can also click the Remove button to get rid of the unwanted app and other infected files.

After performing the steps above, it will restores the app to its original location.

We'll be waiting for you to post back.

Justine Pel, Mar 31, 2021
  4. mluck94 Win User

Can't get the Windows Defender team to analyze a potential incorrect detection

I understand, but my concern was more-so to assist Microsoft in finding a potential false positive, not just to restore the file on my local computer.

mluck94, Mar 31, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows Defender detects potential threats bit won't show them in the History - Similar Threads - Defender detects potential

2. Bit Defender Threat Scanner

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bit Defender Threat Scanner: Recently I have been receiving this message about Bit Defender Threat Scanner. No sure how to resolve it. C:\Windows\Temp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/bit-defender-threat-scanner/a0b7971a-1866-4003-91ef-d2824824d1af
  3. Current Threat detected by Windows Defender

Current Threat detected by Windows Defender: After running security scan in windows 10, I get current threat - PUA:Win32/InstallCore.M!sms. It is classified as LOW threat. I have run the REMOVE action but remains forever. PLEASE, CAN SOMEONE DIRECT ME AS TO HOW TO GET RID OF THIS COMPLETELY ?...
  4. Windows Defender detecting uTorrent as a threat

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Defender detecting uTorrent as a threat: It would do it a few times a day so I decided to just get rid of uTorrent but it’s still happening submitted by /u/aeraux [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hdjk6f/windows_defender_detecting_utorrent_as_a_threat/
  5. Demons Lite potential threat (Windows Defender)?

Demons Lite potential threat (Windows Defender)?: Hello, I just checked my PC for viruses and was told that the App Daemons Lite was a potential threat, so I installed it. Now I still get this message. This is what it looks like: Does anyone know what to do about it and should I be worried? By the way, the app was added...
  6. Windows Defender is showing "detected" threats; how do I know if it removed them

Windows Defender is showing "detected" threats; how do I know if it removed them: My Windows Defender is providing a list of "threats detected," but I don't see any indication as to whether it has "removed" or "quarantined" them. How do I know whether I am safe?...
  7. Windows Defender Threat History & Actions

Windows Defender Threat History & Actions: Hi, Hope someone can help clear this up for me. Defender found and stopped something it defined as potentially unwanted software: Win32/Unwaders.C!ml The threat was apparently quarantined and all the details were there such as threat severity, recommended actions etc....
  8. Windows Defender Threat History & Actions

Windows Defender Threat History & Actions: Hi, Hope someone can help clear this up for me. Defender found and stopped something it defined as potentially unwanted software: Win32/Unwaders.C!ml The threat was apparently quarantined and all the details were there such as threat severity, recommend actions etc....
  9. bit defender threat scanner

bit defender threat scanner: A problem hass occurred in Bitdefender threat Scanner. A file containing error info has been created at c:\wINDOWS\tEMP\bITdEFENDER THREAT SCANNer.dmp. You are strongly encouraged to send the file to the developers of the application for further investigation of the error....
  10. Windows Defender Virus and Threat Detection

Windows Defender Virus and Threat Detection: Windows Defender Virus and Threat Detection turns off and won't restart https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/windows-defender-virus-and-threat-detection/a5ac7da0-b8d0-4fed-9ac4-0ecc992a2059"