Windows 10: Windows Defender detects threats I press button start actions but doesn't make anything

Discus and support Windows Defender detects threats I press button start actions but doesn't make anything in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello. Windows defender is detecting threats in computer but doesn't take any action against them: https://ibb.co/yg2sjQT I tried "restoring... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Pablo Valcárcel Lázaro, Jun 2, 2020.

1. Windows Defender detects threats I press button start actions but doesn't make anything

Hello.

Windows defender is detecting threats in computer but doesn't take any action against them: https://ibb.co/yg2sjQT

I tried "restoring system" with commands:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    DISM.exe /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup
    sfc /scannow

but defender still doesn't make any action.

I tried to run it through command but there's no option to remove threats, only to scan.

I have run malware bytes and running now Malicious Software Removal from microsoft and Microsoft Safety Scanner and with quick scan didn't found anything, now I'm running full scan with the first one and I will do full scan with second when finish the first tool.

Could you help me please to make windows defender take actions please?

Regards.

:)

Pablo Valcárcel Lázaro, Jun 2, 2020
  2. Chatman99 Win User

Windows Defender "Start Actions" Button Not Working

Windows Defender is telling me "Virus & threat protection. Threats found. Start the recommended actions." There is a button below, which says "Start actions". Clicking this button has no effect. Should I just ignore it?

I'm on Windows 10 Pro, version 1703.

Chatman99, Jun 2, 2020
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Windows Defender detects threats I press button start actions but doesn't make anything [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jun 2, 2020
  4. Windows Defender detects threats I press button start actions but doesn't make anything

Can't get the Windows Defender team to analyze a potential incorrect detection

Hi Mike,

Since PUA(Potentially Unwanted Application) protection feature allows Windows Defender to detect and block certain apps that are not categorized as threats, but they increase the chances of your device being infected with malware or it may affect your device's
    performance. That might be the reason why the PUA protection feature detects the software. In the case that the feature blocks an application you know that can be trusted, you may follow these steps to allow the app:

1. On the start menu, type Window Defender security center and press Enter.
    2. On the pop-up window, select Virus and threat protection.
    3. Click Threat history option.
    4. Under Quarantined threats, select the file, and click Restore button.
    Note: You can also click the Remove button to get rid of the unwanted app and other infected files.

After performing the steps above, it will restores the app to its original location.

We'll be waiting for you to post back.

Justine Pel, Jun 2, 2020
Thema:

Windows Defender detects threats I press button start actions but doesn't make anything

1. Windows Defender detects threats I press button start actions but doesn't make anything - Similar Threads - Defender detects threats

2. start actions button doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    start actions button doesn't work: hi ,Today I downloaded a virus.windows defender updated me that.I want to press the start actions button but it doesn't workNEED HELP. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-actions-button-doesnt-work/9b98358e-4b44-46b6-b1ab-94ae77979620
  3. Windows Security "No Action Needed" but "Threats Found" and "Start Actions" Button Not Working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security "No Action Needed" but "Threats Found" and "Start Actions" Button Not Working: I have a Dell system with Windows 10 v21H2. I noticed that, in the Windows Security, Virus & Threat Protection window, under Current threats, it says "Threats found. Start the recommended actions." However, the Start Actions button, when clicked, changes quivers a little but...
  4. Windows Defender Start Actions buttons doesn't work

Windows Defender Start Actions buttons doesn't work: I downloaded a file and windows defender detected is a virus so I deleted it quickly and it is still telling me "Threats found. Start the recommended actions." so I clicked the button below, which says "Start actions". but it does nothing I already quick scanned tried...
  5. Start Actions button in Windows Defender not working

Start Actions button in Windows Defender not working: I ran a full after over a year after discovering Malwarebytes had disabled Windows Defender when I first installed it. I turned it back on. When the scan was finished, the page said Threats found. Start the recommended actions, but the Start Actions button does nothing. Also...
  6. Threats found, "Start actions" button doesn't work.

Threats found, "Start actions" button doesn't work.: Ok, so, my laptop recently started to do some weird things - like I couldn't write some symbols at e-mail subject when using MS Outlook, I couldn't change column names in Excel, mouse pointer started to move randomly. Restarting usually helped, but for a while. I opened the...
  7. virus and threat protection start action button not working

virus and threat protection start action button not working: its just come to my attention that when viewing virus and threat protection it says "Threats found. Start recommended actions" but pressing the start actions button does nothing. i looked this answer up on here prior to making this but it does not help me and its dated...
  8. Windows Defender "Start Action" button not working

Windows Defender "Start Action" button not working: Okay, So I had this problem whenever I clicked "Start Action" button on Windows Defender. It didn't do anything, it freezes for 3 sec and still didn't do anything. I tried restarting and it didn't work. I found the "threat" in Appdata > Local > Temp. Please Help * Moved...
  9. Windows Defender "Start Action" button not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Defender "Start Action" button not working: Okay, So I had this problem whenever I clicked "Start Action" button on Windows Defender. It didn't do anything, it freezes for 3 sec and still didn't do anything. I tried restarting and it didn't work. I found the "threat" in Appdata > Local > Temp. Please Help...
  10. Windows Defender Threat History & Actions

Windows Defender Threat History & Actions: Hi, Hope someone can help clear this up for me. Defender found and stopped something it defined as potentially unwanted software: Win32/Unwaders.C!ml The threat was apparently quarantined and all the details were there such as threat severity, recommended actions etc....