Windows 10: windows defender did not update

Discus and support windows defender did not update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Yes I got the new preview for netframework ,but your update for defender did not work.Went to update it and it said it was installing another update i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by fester_1, Oct 31, 2020.

1. fester_1 Win User

windows defender did not update

Yes I got the new preview for netframework ,but your update for defender did not work.Went to update it and it said it was installing another update i am assuming it was the preview update. Clicked on the retry and it checked for updates again and said it was up to date. Scrolled down to view updates ,Huh it says defender update oct 25 kb4580419 , Found your stupid website and downloaded mpam-fe.exe and that **** did not work. So i went to your stupid **** microsoft update catalog and typed in security intelligence update and all it would give me was microsoft essentials, so i added microsoft defender to the end and it says microsoft is not spelled right and came up with nothing. I used the word micro soft 4 times in this letter and it was underlined each time in red.Whats the god dam kb number for this update.

:)

fester_1, Oct 31, 2020

2. Windows update and windows defender issues

We suggest you to avoid installing any cleaner or anti-virus software that may interrupt the function of Windows Defender. Make sure that Windows Defender is always on. To do this follow these steps:

• On the Start menu, type Windows Defender and hit enter.
    • Click Settings.
    • Turn Real-time protection on.
    We also recommend you to install the latest update for Windows Defender.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Oct 31, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    SEtting up automatic updates for windows defender on windows 8

I have found this on the internet en have set up a task for automatic definitions update for Windows Defender but a window pops up when this starts to run.
    Is there a way to set this without any window popping up so that it just runs in the background?

Now I'm using
    "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe" -SignatureUpdate -MMPC

I'm currrently using it as described here:
    https://forum.raymond.cc/threads/let-your-windows-8-defender-update-itself-automatically.34359/

P4-630, Oct 31, 2020
  4. windows defender did not update

Defender updates no longer shown

Sorry but I just want to see Defender updates listed in my update history. Updates for office 2010 etc are shown so why not Windows Defender?

ThomasLangford, Oct 31, 2020
Thema:

windows defender did not update

1. windows defender did not update - Similar Threads - defender did update

2. Windows defender blocked but did not delete virus.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender blocked but did not delete virus.: PUABundler:Win32/ICBundler blocked by microsoft defender, but not deleted. Is my computer safe? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-blocked-but-did-not-delete-virus/81d4e40d-77d9-4d15-b8e3-29fbd800b8be
  3. Did windows defend actually remove a coin miner or?

Did windows defend actually remove a coin miner or?: Well luckily i just woke up and checked windows defender and say that there was no actions required at all!!!! when i checked the ''This app is blocked'' and threat ''serious'' is all gone i don't see it no more since im not good with this can someone please tell me if im...
  4. Did Windows Defender remove Win32/Ryuk!ml ?

Did Windows Defender remove Win32/Ryuk!ml ?: Hello all, recently Windows security let me know that it had quarantined a ransomware file called Win32/Ryuk!ml. I have then removed it from my system from quarantine and run a full scan with Windows Security as well as Malwarebytes. My question is, am I removed from any...
  5. Windows Defender Protection Plan I did not request!

Windows Defender Protection Plan I did not request!: I received this email today from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** saying: Dear Customer, We Thank you on the Completion of your 1 year Windows Defender protection Plan with 24/7 technical support We have charged you $150 for the 12 months of...
  6. Windows Defender Updates?

Windows Defender Updates?: Hey all, I was just wondering if I postpone my Win 10 updates for a few weeks, will my Windows Defender still get it's virus updates or do they get them thru the Win 10 Update? Thanks in advance 146117
  7. Windows Defender updating

Windows Defender updating: How to get Windows Defender to automatically do updates ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-updating/7c0c478e-6e0a-4530-8a79-2ee7f7190ad4
  8. Windows Defender did not detect Malware

Windows Defender did not detect Malware: Hi -- MS phone support REALLY sucks!! The Spanish speaking latin rep just hung up! She was so adamant on repeating her answer and refused to listen to my situation. Anyway. I ran Defender (Win 10) both full scan and offline. The app detected nothing. I had doubts that I...
  9. updating windows defender

updating windows defender: my windows antivirus is having problem updating what do i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/updating-windows-defender/4a7c4ae3-0318-4c43-b44f-e1565db85417
  10. updating windows defender

updating windows defender: my windows antivirus is having problem updating what do i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/defender_offline-protect_updating-windows_10/updating-windows-defender/4a7c4ae3-0318-4c43-b44f-e1565db85417