Windows 10: Windows Defender does it scan archives?

Discus and support Windows Defender does it scan archives? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Does Windows 10's Windows Defender scan archives by default ? I cannot find anything under options for "Archives specifically" so i assume its either... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by dssds1, Sep 11, 2020.

1. dssds1 Win User

Windows Defender does it scan archives?

Does Windows 10's Windows Defender scan archives by default ? I cannot find anything under options for "Archives specifically" so i assume its either on and can't be turned off, or it doesn't scan archives at all

*.zip, *.rar, *.7z etc.. and compressed images .iso

:)

dssds1, Sep 11, 2020
Thema:

Windows Defender does it scan archives?

1. Windows Defender does it scan archives? - Similar Threads - Defender does scan

2. Enable Windows Defender archive scanning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enable Windows Defender archive scanning: When a user runs in PowerShell with Admin the following:Set-MPPreference -DisableArchiveScanning 0How does one verify it worked?? As user does not receive any sort of message..Can you look at log files after a scan is complete to see? For eg, if you see *zip files listed, you...
  3. Enable Windows Defender archive scanning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enable Windows Defender archive scanning: When a user runs in PowerShell with Admin the following:Set-MPPreference -DisableArchiveScanning 0How does one verify it worked?? As user does not receive any sort of message..Can you look at log files after a scan is complete to see? For eg, if you see *zip files listed, you...
  4. Defender Offline Scan does not scan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender Offline Scan does not scan: I am currently running a Win10 21H2 with all latest and greatest updates.Admittedly a German version, so I may not get the titles for all menues and options 100% rightEarlier this week, Defender reported a .VBS script it had put into quarantine. Upon initial inspection, this...
  5. Defender Offline Scan does not scan

Defender Offline Scan does not scan: I am currently running a Win10 21H2 with all latest and greatest updates. Admittedly a German version, so I may not get the titles for all menues and options 100% right Earlier this week, Defender reported a .VBS script it had put into quarantine. Upon initial inspection,...
  6. Windows Defender: does it scan email attachments

Windows Defender: does it scan email attachments: Hi, I'm a newbie to tenforums, but old with Windows since the 90's. Hope you can give me a definitive answer to this question. I cannot find any evidence that WD has any interaction with email. In particular, you can no longer right-click on an email attachment to select...
  7. Windows Defender Offline scan does not work

Windows Defender Offline scan does not work: Hello, I was plagued by a malware infection, so I wanted to perform a Windows Defender Offline scan. I opened the Windows Security window (from the Settings panel) and selected "scan options". I selected Windows Defender Offline scan and clicked "Scan now". I saw a message...
  8. Windows Defender Offline Scan does not work

Windows Defender Offline Scan does not work: With both the previous Fall Creator's Upgrade and now new Spring Creator's Upgrade Windows Defender Offline Scan works until a new cumulative update comes out. After the first cumulative update is installed, whenever I run a new scan, Offline Scan stops at the point where it...
  9. When does Windows Defender scan?

When does Windows Defender scan?: If I download an exe file from someplace, does Defender scan the file immediately for possible problems or do I have to request the scan? Alfred 2987
  10. Enable or Disable Scan Archive Files by Windows Defender in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Scan Archive Files by Windows Defender in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Scan Archive Files by Windows Defender in Windows 10 [img] Information Windows Defender helps protect your PC against malware (malicious software) like viruses, spyware, and other potentially unwanted software. Malware can infect your PC without...