Windows 10: Windows Defender does not start automatically when starting Computer

Discus and support Windows Defender does not start automatically when starting Computer in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I think I deleted the Windows Defender Autostart file from the registry accidentally. From:... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RahulVikhe, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Windows Defender does not start automatically when starting Computer

Hello,

I think I deleted the Windows Defender Autostart file from the registry accidentally. From:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion/run

How do I enable it back, Windows Defender does not start automatically

Thanks

:)

RahulVikhe, Jun 14, 2020
  2. davidhk Win User

Windows Defender disabled and is unable to start

OK. I am not sure if you can complete the steps below.......................
    In the search box, type services.msc > Enter
    Items in the Services box are listed alphabetically.
    Scroll down to Windows Defender Service...........................
    at Status heading, it should be.................................... Running
    at Startup type, it should be......................................... Automatic

Windows Defender does not start automatically when starting Computer [​IMG]

If that is not what yours said, right click at Windows Defender Service > click Properties >
    can you change the Startup type to Automatic and Service status to Start ?
    If yes, do so and click OK when done.

davidhk, Jun 14, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    SEtting up automatic updates for windows defender on windows 8

I have found this on the internet en have set up a task for automatic definitions update for Windows Defender but a window pops up when this starts to run.
    Is there a way to set this without any window popping up so that it just runs in the background?

Now I'm using
    "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe" -SignatureUpdate -MMPC

I'm currrently using it as described here:
    https://forum.raymond.cc/threads/let-your-windows-8-defender-update-itself-automatically.34359/

P4-630, Jun 14, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

Windows Defender does not start automatically when starting Computer

How to start Windows Defender automatically?

As it happens, there's a similar conversation on another thread. My Automatic Maintenance performs a Defender quick scan without anything in Task Scheduler.

And I DID try leaving mine on overnight - though I didn't have your 'Defender needs to do a scan...' notification. I suggest you start the scan by clicking on your notification then try the 'turn off protection and reboot' tip from earlier. The I'd expect you to get the same results as I do...

Others have reported that the automatic maintenance scan is in addition to any scans you may have set up in Task Scheduler (not that I have scheduled any myself).

Thema:

Windows Defender does not start automatically when starting Computer

1. Windows Defender does not start automatically when starting Computer - Similar Threads - Defender does start

2. Screensaver does not start automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screensaver does not start automatically: New windows 10 laptop. I already did following things:Dism restorehealth found no issuesSFC scannow found no issuesReSet power plan to balancedChecked registry current user, control panel, desktop: screensaver time is defined as 60Unplugged wireless keyboard with USB...
  3. Screensaver does not start automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screensaver does not start automatically: New windows 10 laptop. I already did following things:Dism restorehealth found no issuesSFC scannow found no issuesReSet power plan to balancedChecked registry current user, control panel, desktop: screensaver time is defined as 60Unplugged wireless keyboard with USB...
  4. Screensaver does not start automatically

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Word automatically starts when Windows 10 starts

Word automatically starts when Windows 10 starts: I have done EVERYTHING on the post started back in 2017 on this issue. Here's that thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/word-opening-automatically-on-startup-windows-10/34064263-620a-4aee-930f-ff92c0511f89?auth=1 I have...
  6. Word automatically starts when Windows 10 starts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Word automatically starts when Windows 10 starts: I followed along in the post: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/word-opening-automatically-on-startup-windows-10/34064263-620a-4aee-930f-ff92c0511f89?page=1 However, it is a locked thread. I have done EVERYTHING recommended, and...
  7. explorer.exe doesn't start automatically when windows starts

explorer.exe doesn't start automatically when windows starts: When windows starts explorer.exe doesn't start. The command prompt is displayed and i have to manually start explorer.exe. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/explorerexe-doesnt-start-automatically-when/c896b0bb-931e-4a68-b92f-478973d99d67
  8. OneDrive not starting automatically when Windows starts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive not starting automatically when Windows starts: I have a new install of Windows 10, fully updated. My issue is that OneDrive is no longer automatically starting when Windows starts. I have tried changing the setting in OneDrive, "Start OneDrive automatically when I sign in to Windows" but it eventually resets itself to...
  9. Word starting up automatically when computer starts up ?

Word starting up automatically when computer starts up ?: Hi I was using word yesterday and suddenly today when I start the computer it opens Word and multiple blank documents appear on screen. I have been following a recent group discussion and cant get it to stop. Any ideas ? Chris Craig...
  10. How to start Windows Defender automatically?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to start Windows Defender automatically?: October 2016 Topic: How to start Windows Defender automatically? And more… Windows show this notification when booting: Windows Defender needs to scan your computer but they don't start the scan automatically. We must press "scan" to do that. -1- Microsoft already...